The Route Masters - BBC2 - 2100 - starts 18/06/13

Comments

• GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Don't think it had anything to do with 'the birth of a baby' - there was a doc about the Piper Alpha Disaster a couple of weeks ago, that replaced The Route Masters...which maybe because the last episode has been postponed.

Oh yeah that was it, the Piper Alpha prog. was on :p

Wonder when we'll get the last one then, might be a while, as they may be working out which repeat to take off so can show it :D
  • yesman2012yesman2012 Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this series was supposed to be 6 episodes long, why does seem to have been ended? theres only been 5
  • mike1948mike1948 Posts: 2,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yesman2012 wrote: »
    I thought this series was supposed to be 6 episodes long, why does seem to have been ended? theres only been 5

More info is coming soon...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b02znsx2/episodes/guide
  • Purple OrchidPurple Orchid Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish they'd just show them in order over 6 weeks with no gaps or change of time or anything. It's been a really interesting series & by leaving one episode just waiting in the ether, it feels like they aren't bothered about viewers waiting to see it...

They've started showing new things in the timeslot now.
    I can't imagine what's in it to stick it away hidden from us all ;)
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    I wish they'd just show them in order over 6 weeks with no gaps or change of time or anything. It's been a really interesting series & by leaving one episode just waiting in the ether, it feels like they aren't bothered about viewers waiting to see it...

They've started showing new things in the timeslot now.
    I can't imagine what's in it to stick it away hidden from us all ;)
    Just wondering if it's a Legal reason they can't show it - was it an episode about the transport police, and they filmed something that hasn't gone to court yet.
  • alex13alex13 Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    It's been quite a few weeks since episode 5 and still no episode 6 scheduled for next week. The fact episode 5 was entitled 'future' almost implies it was the last one but as we've already discussed in this thread, there is definitely to be a sixth - the question is when? Unless, of course, 'future' was supposed to be episode 6 but they had to remove an episode in between?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought there was news about the final episode when I got that notification then :)
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barclay55 wrote: »
    Pity they got rid of all the bendy buses. No-one ever paid on them. Saved time and aggravation.

And Malta where many ended up have just removed them all from service on the island due to the number of them catching fire.
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe part 6 is a Christmas Special?

Or its about the new hover bus and we have to wait until it has been invented?

Either way this delay is stupid.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    I thought there was news about the final episode when I got that notification then :)

This ^^
  • Martyn1Martyn1 Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen a clip of this on points of view and it reminded me that episode 6 of 6 has still not been shown?

What are BBC Two playing at? Might be worth writing in to POV (and then be ignored by them).
    Forum Member
    Has part 6 been aired yet and somehow slipped past me?
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, well not that i know of anyway :(
  • ahoymeisterahoymeister Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Just wondering if it's a Legal reason they can't show it - was it an episode about the transport police, and they filmed something that hasn't gone to court yet.
    Apparently there was a legal problem with the last episode but I've heard elsewhere that it has now been cleared. So hopefully not long to wait.
    Forum Member
    Apparently there was a legal problem with the last episode but I've heard elsewhere that it has now been cleared. So hopefully not long to wait.
    Thought so - hope they show it soon.
  • RS11RS11 Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    No news on this?
  • Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,626
    Forum Member
    Not from me but an update from another forum
    Many thanks for getting in touch about the last episode of 'The Route Masters'.

I've had this query from other audience members wondering why the series seemed to have stopped at part 5.

But I'm happy to tell you that the final part is ready for broadcast. At the moment it's due to be shown on Thursday 30th January at 21.00 but please keep an eye on the schedules as this can change.

I hope that's been some help.

Best wishes,

Paul Carson

BBC Enquiries Team
  • chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good - just hope it's worth the wait
    Forum Member
    chestfield wrote: »
    Good - just hope it's worth the wait
    It's going to be a Highlights show....:D
  • FirespireFirespire Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The title of the last one is "Fighting Crime". Showing as scheduled for Sunday 2nd February 10pm - 11pm on BBC Two.
    http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/csmk4v/the-route-masters-running-londons-roads--series-1---6-fighting-crime
    Forum Member
    Firespire wrote: »
    The title of the last one is "Fighting Crime". Showing as scheduled for Sunday 2nd February 10pm - 11pm on BBC Two.
    http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/csmk4v/the-route-masters-running-londons-roads--series-1---6-fighting-crime
    About Time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firespire wrote: »

Ah!! Thanks for that :)
  • kingofscotlandkingofscotland Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a reminder that the final episode is on BBC 2 tonight at 10pm.

Fighting Crime: A look at Transport for London's special unit within the Metropolitan Police.
    Forum Member
    Just a reminder that the final episode is on BBC 2 tonight at 10pm.

Fighting Crime: A look at Transport for London's special unit within the Metropolitan Police.

Got in, in front of me, I was about the bump this.
    The Route Masters.

There were more than 20,000 crimes reported on London's buses in 2013. To try to cut crime across the network, Transport for London now funds a special unit within the Metropolitan Police - the 1,800 officers of the Safer Transport Command.
    The most useful weapon in their arsenal is CCTV. There are now more than sixty cameras on every London bus.
    This looks at what they see - from pickpocketing, which accounts for half of all crimes, to a shocking incident investigated by detective Tony Barun, in which a young man seems to have been kicked through the top deck window of a moving bus.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    "We're not going to Hell, We're going to Ilford"! :D