Options

Kate Bush - Before The Dawn

Comments

• Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wuthering wrote: »
    Every time I think I can't possibly get any more excited, I read comments like yours and I just might burst!!!

9 Days to go for me. Hurry, hurry!!!
    You will love it! It's so, so, special :)
  • Options
    designer84designer84 Posts: 12,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daziechain wrote: »
    You will love it! It's so, so, special :)

Glad you enjoyed it! It was stunning wasn't it? I was in tears for And Dream of Sheep, Hello Earth and Among Angels. Plus I got my wish to see/hear the second half of Aerial live! I just LOVE how that collection of songs builds up! Nocturn and Aerial or amazing. I've played Kate every day since... Usually loud. lol
  • Options
    ServalanServalan Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was prepared for her to be amazing but she was so much better than that. Quite simply the best concert any of us had ever been to or are ever likely to. Loved it all .. especially the two concept pieces which visually were just stunning (and vocally ... her voice is sublime .. I don't know 'Among Angels' that well but I was in floods .. as were so many in the audience .. just her and the piano .. sublime). The love that flowed between the audience and her was something I've never felt at a concert before. Not one sign of a disappointed face .. everyone was enraptured.
    Our seats weren't good .. that is on paper .. row X of the circle .. but we had a brilliant view. Not a close up one obviously but a great one for taking in everything. Lots of things I wasn't expecting .. like how she tied Aerial and The Ninth Wave together and .. well .. I don't want to spoil it for anyone but lots of visual surprises.

I can't stop thinking about it .. it was just magical. Nothing quite prepares you for being in the same room with 'that voice' :)

Went on Friday and completely agree with this post. It was spine-tingling, jaw-dropping and mind-blowing.

I was told by two fans who queued up very early to get in that a few tickets are returned to the box office, who then sell them on on the day. I think this is fairly reliable information –*they saw people repeatedly checking with the box office prior to the show starting who got lucky. How common this is is another matter altogether – but could be worth looking into if anyone had the time and inclination … and was prepared to come away empty-handed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    designer84 wrote: »
    Glad you enjoyed it! It was stunning wasn't it? I was in tears for And Dream of Sheep, Hello Earth and Among Angels. Plus I got my wish to see/hear the second half of Aerial live! I just LOVE how that collection of songs builds up! Nocturn and Aerial or amazing. I've played Kate every day since... Usually loud. lol
    You know what set me off? Bertie's rather awkward dancing to HOL ... awkward compared to his fellow singers I mean. There was just something so endearing about it.
    Though tbh as soon as I saw Kate I was in danger of losing it.
    Yes .. I'm still playing Kate every day too .. the set list usually .. there will always be added excitement in those songs now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Servalan wrote: »
    Went on Friday and completely agree with this post. It was spine-tingling, jaw-dropping and mind-blowing.

I was told by two fans who queued up very early to get in that a few tickets are returned to the box office, who then sell them on on the day. I think this is fairly reliable information –*they saw people repeatedly checking with the box office prior to the show starting who got lucky. How common this is is another matter altogether – but could be worth looking into if anyone had the time and inclination … and was prepared to come away empty-handed.
    Elton and Kylie were also there .. I didn't see them did you? :D I did see Eric McCormack (from Will & Grace) at the bar though.

Yes .. if I lived around the corner I think I would pop along on the off chance every night :D Bit more difficult for those that live far off but worth a try if all else fails.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you know what? I love her better now :D
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you know what? I love her better now :D

Do Yaaaaaa? :D
  • Options
    Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    (Haven't read the rest of the thread)

I went to see the show on Saturday.

Since when I have been gripped by a serious depression. I feel like proper bloody shit...

...because I know I will never see anything that good again in my life.

It's not even as if I'm just an obsessive fan who would love anything she did; I'm just as big a fan of Devo, Mike Watt, Iron Maiden, William Elliott Whitmore, Truckers of Husk, Holly Golightly, Future of the Left etc. and they've all put on excellent shows, but Kate just blew them all out of the waves and out of the water.

Probably the best show I've ever seen before this was William Elliott Whitmore at Le Pub in Newport; the worst (professional) gig I've ever seen in my life was Marilyn Manson in Newport Centre. The distance between Marilyn Manson and William Elliott Whitmore is far less that the distance between William Elliott Whitmore and Kate Bush.

My life has now peaked. I could go on to have marriage, children...children who go on to foster peace and understanding between all nations and races on the planet but on my death bed I would have to say that would all be secondary to seeing Kate Bush do 'Before the Dawn' live.
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show sounds so amazing. Wish I could see it but alas couldn't/can't afford it. Btw Finny, just curious, lol. In what way was Marilyn Manson the worst gig you've ever been to? :-)
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just curious about something. I've seen on sites like Viagogo and Get Me In that tons of people are selling tickets for literally thousands of pounds for each of the remaining dates. I can't imagine them selling them at such ridiculous prices so does this mean that there are quite a few empty seats at each show just going to waste because the touts wouldnt sell them at sensible prices? Awful if so. Or do the touts drop the prices nearer the time, to something nearer the regular price, and they all end up selling? I just can't imagine many tickets being sold at those stupid prices. Someone actually has 1 ticket for the back of the circle for £2500.00 for one night! Pathetic!
  • Options
    Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spaceygal wrote: »
    I'm just curious about something. I've seen on sites like Viagogo and Get Me In that tons of people are selling tickets for literally thousands of pounds for each of the remaining dates. I can't imagine them selling them at such ridiculous prices so does this mean that there are quite a few empty seats at each show just going to waste because the touts wouldnt sell them at sensible prices? Awful if so. Or do the touts drop the prices nearer the time, to something nearer the regular price, and they all end up selling? I just can't imagine many tickets being sold at those stupid prices. Someone actually has 1 ticket for the back of the circle for £2500.00 for one night! Pathetic!

When I went there was one bloke, sorry...one c**t giving it the "anyone want tickets, buy or sell tickets" shit.

Worst thing was during the gig the girl two rows in front of us who, two songs in, decided that her friend's Facebook photos were more interesting than the show. Second time she looked the Scandinavians behind and my missus gave her a earful after which she sat there with a face like a smacked arse for the rest of the half. Second half she didn't even turn up!

Poor girl with a sign outside would have given five or more of her limbs to get into this show but this girl would rather spend half the show on Facebook and the other half in the bar.

Scum! Best word I can think to describe someone like that.

I'm sure it's time we had comptency tests for live shows. Summary execution for anyone who tries to film the show with an iF*****gPad. 40 years hard labour for filming it on your phone.

A little too merciful I know but I would be a benevolent Father Figure, not some sort of tyrannical despot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spaceygal wrote: »

The night I went, I couldn't see any empty seats from where I was in the circle. I'm sure there will be the odd empty seat each night but those selling at inflated prices may end up returning them to the box office.
  • Options
    WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't begin to understand how people would pay a fortune to attend a concert, travel, and then play with their bloody phones during the show. Being "connected" 24/7 is my most hated aspect of modern life. I'm convinced we were all much happier before social media came along. But anyway...

ONE WEEK UNTIL I SEE KATE!

Can't believe it's so close. :D
  • Options
    GrouchoMGrouchoM Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're not helping my mood - still not got a ticket & it's too far for me to travel each evening!! Sorry to hear idiots are still fleecing the public/attending a show they don't care about.

Hope you enjoyed nonetheless.

Best wishes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wuthering wrote: »
    I can't begin to understand how people would pay a fortune to attend a concert, travel, and then play with their bloody phones during the show. Being "connected" 24/7 is my most hated aspect of modern life. I'm convinced we were all much happier before social media came along. But anyway...

ONE WEEK UNTIL I SEE KATE!

Can't believe it's so close. :D

I think most nights, people have refrained from video or pictures. I've seen one or two clips on youtube but they get taken down quickly. The quality was naff anyway. I couldn't see a single device during the performance the night I went. People took their pictures before the show. That's probably the first time I have ever seen people do that. It's quite impressive
  • Options
    WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    designer84 wrote: »
    I think most nights, people have refrained from video or pictures. I've seen one or two clips on youtube but they get taken down quickly. The quality was naff anyway. I couldn't see a single device during the performance the night I went. People took their pictures before the show. That's probably the first time I have ever seen people do that. It's quite impressive

That's reassuring, thanks designer!

I think taking pictures before the show/during the interval is absolutely fine. I might take a couple myself.

I really won't ever understand people who would rather go on Facebook than pay attention to what's going on in front of them though - not just with Kate but at any event.
  • Options
    ServalanServalan Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elton and Kylie were also there .. I didn't see them did you? :D I did see Eric McCormack (from Will & Grace) at the bar though.

Elton and David – yes. Kylie – no.

Also spotted: Elizabeth McGovern (Downton Abbey).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Servalan wrote: »
    Elton and David – yes. Kylie – no.

Also spotted: Elizabeth McGovern (Downton Abbey).

I did see that Kylie tweeted and Instagrammed it. She had taken a picture of the Tennyson note so she must have been close enough to grab one. She loved the show according to her tweet
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    (Haven't read the rest of the thread)

I went to see the show on Saturday.

Since when I have been gripped by a serious depression. I feel like proper bloody shit...

...because I know I will never see anything that good again in my life.

It's not even as if I'm just an obsessive fan who would love anything she did; I'm just as big a fan of Devo, Mike Watt, Iron Maiden, William Elliott Whitmore, Truckers of Husk, Holly Golightly, Future of the Left etc. and they've all put on excellent shows, but Kate just blew them all out of the waves and out of the water.

Probably the best show I've ever seen before this was William Elliott Whitmore at Le Pub in Newport; the worst (professional) gig I've ever seen in my life was Marilyn Manson in Newport Centre. The distance between Marilyn Manson and William Elliott Whitmore is far less that the distance between William Elliott Whitmore and Kate Bush.

My life has now peaked. I could go on to have marriage, children...children who go on to foster peace and understanding between all nations and races on the planet but on my death bed I would have to say that would all be secondary to seeing Kate Bush do 'Before the Dawn' live.
    :D Brilliant. I feel the same .. and am so depressed at the moment .. it's like a terrible withdrawal. Awful really as a lot of people haven't managed to secure tickets so in truth I should be delirious :blush: I can't help it .. it was brilliant and nothing else will match it :(
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know exactly how you all feel. I'm firmly back in the daily grind now and it sucks. :(
  • Options
    babeloguebabelogue Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to a poster on the katebushnews forum, he's received an email from Eventim saying he's been allocated a new seat due to a last minute decision to film the show for a DVD release. Here's hoping it's true!
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Eventim had tickets for tonight on sale earlier today. Definitely worth checking periodically if you're still trying/hoping to get in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    Apparently Eventim had tickets for tonight on sale earlier today. Definitely worth checking periodically if you're still trying/hoping to get in.
    Yes .. fairly easy to get a single ticket today .. or even a pair.
  • Options
    Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    babelogue wrote: »
    According to a poster on the katebushnews forum, he's received an email from Eventim saying he's been allocated a new seat due to a last minute decision to film the show for a DVD release. Here's hoping it's true!

I couldn't get tickets so I really hope there's a DVD of the show. It won't be the same but it's all I can hope for.
  • Options
    tonypennystonypennys Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    unique wrote: »

the idea/suggestion that she should bother playing stuff she played before back in 79 is ridiculous. it was so long ago that even the few people who would see her both then and now wouldn't exactly get bored of hearing some of the same songs. it's not like status quo playing the same tracks every night on every tour and every song sounding the same

your going to be really stumped by their next album