Options

Sons of anarchy season 7 thread (spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Red NovemberRed November Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Gemma's death was very well done - eerily lit by moonlight amongst the flowers in her childhood home, then the blood-splattered white roses

She told Jax where JT's manuscript is, so I'm expecting some revelations to come from that in the finale. In the early series, he was forever sitting on the roof and reading bits of it, but it hasn't featured for qute a while now, so something is due

I'm also thinking there may be a 'X years later' scene near the end, with Jax and Wendy, the boys, and new baby sister, Gemma, concieved on the day Jax killed his mother
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What happens is out there.

Not read it but a book has been sent out early to customers about the show and it contains what has happened etc.

Hopefully people can stay away from spoilers
  • Options
    D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine Jax won't be making it out of the series alive, especially after the murder of Unser.

It's just how he goes.
  • Options
    CMK29CMK29 Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    I thought Gemma's death was very well done - eerily lit by moonlight amongst the flowers in her childhood home, then the blood-splattered white roses

She told Jax where JT's manuscript is, so I'm expecting some revelations to come from that in the finale. In the early series, he was forever sitting on the roof and reading bits of it, but it hasn't featured for qute a while now, so something is due

I'm also thinking there may be a 'X years later' scene near the end, with Jax and Wendy, the boys, and new baby sister, Gemma, concieved on the day Jax killed his mother

It wasn't her childhood home; Gemma grew up in Charming. I wonder what the script is with the manuscript (so to speak)? Jax has already read it; there can't be any revelations there. And Gemma destroyed the letters that implicated her in JT's death. Unless he wants it to leave to Abel. I think Jax is cleaning house - I don't expect him to make it to the end. Part of me feels sad about that because of Abel and Thomas; the other half of me thinks that they will be far, far better off without their murdering, torturing father.
  • Options
    WillbertWillbert Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was wondering if the clause that Jax wanted changing, was for the Mayhem to be self inflicted, so he can go out on his ride.

I assume it's just so that "black" can go in to, so that they can patch over the Grim Bastards
  • Options
    Red NovemberRed November Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CMK29 wrote: »
    It wasn't her childhood home; Gemma grew up in Charming. I wonder what the script is with the manuscript (so to speak)? Jax has already read it; there can't be any revelations there. And Gemma destroyed the letters that implicated her in JT's death. Unless he wants it to leave to Abel. I think Jax is cleaning house - I don't expect him to make it to the end. Part of me feels sad about that because of Abel and Thomas; the other half of me thinks that they will be far, far better off without their murdering, torturing father.
    Ah yes, I see it was probably just her dad's current house, rather than her childhood house

I still think JT's manuscript has something relevant to the end story though - why else would Jax ask about it in the penultimate episode, and Gemma give it's location, if it's of no interest?
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »
    What happens is out there.

Not read it but a book has been sent out early to customers about the show and it contains what has happened etc.

Hopefully people can stay away from spoilers

The spoiler doesn't go into detail about exactly what happens.
  • Options
    charger21charger21 Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont know where to find it today :cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    charger21charger21 Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got it. Back in an hour or so :p
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jax wouldn't put the burden on his brothers, but would freely mess up the life of some innocent truck driver.

Anyway. Jax went out in in a manner of his choosing, after settling much family business. It was very emotional again, with several teary goodbyes. I'm going to miss the SoA. It's been a hell of a ride.
  • Options
    MissySmithMissySmith Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    So,it's all over folks:(
    The ending was in no way disappointing. Anyone got any ideas for something great to watch now?
  • Options
    francis7francis7 Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MissySmith wrote: »
    So,it's all over folks:(
    The ending was in no way disappointing. Anyone got any ideas for something great to watch now?

Ray Donovan.
  • Options
    Jim SJim S Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Excellent ending
    It was one hell of a ride :)
  • Options
    TATTOO62TATTOO62 Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    If you're going to die. Die with your boots on.
    Great ending involving Vic. Really going to miss Charming.
  • Options
    MissySmithMissySmith Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    francis7 wrote: »
    Ray Donovan.

Thankyou,I'll give this a go :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The club is in good hands but dont think Jax will get his wish, I think Abel has outlaw in him as well.

Hopefully people wont keep banging on about a return to Charming since everyone apart from Jax stayed alive and want to see how Chibb's works out as President, It was the story of the Teller family and I think it should stay that way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cried pretty much constantly for the last hour. It was a good finale, but I'll miss this show so much.
  • Options
    JonVonHeroJonVonHero Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    No major shocks, though there didn't really need to be - the double-cross of the Kings was a nice surprise, and finally breaks the tie with the IRA, that has been one of the overriding storylines since the start... Everything else was pretty much called on here over the past few weeks:

- TO becoming a son (rather than the whole Grim Bastards)
    - Wendy and the boys starting a new life with Nero
    - Jax going out the way of his dad - on his dads bike
    - Jax absolving the club of any fallout of the Tara/Roosevelt killing

Not sure if it was on here, or somewhere else, but someone claimed that the homeless woman was an Angel Of Death-like character - seems pretty spot on from what we saw.

LOVED the fact that it was Chiklis' character that was driving the truck that took Jax out.

In some ways I was ready for it to end, as the show had really started running out of ideas but seeing it actually end made me realise how much I'll miss it... Great show and a superb ensemble cast.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree their did not need to be any major shocks.

Shocks if they are valid to the overwhole story work but I think we all knew he had to die and the right way for him to die was on his bike.

I liked that turned Jax into someone we wanted to see (and accepted he had to) die. To often with tv shows they seem frighted to make the main guy unlikeable no matter what they do.

Walt White,Vic Mackey,Nucky Thompson and even going back to Tony Soparno (can even put T-Bag from Prison Break in the list) these people do some truely evil things but they still write the story in such a way that we want them to get away with it, I dont think many people after this season (and the killing of Uncer) would say the same about Jax. LIke him I think most fans accepted his death early on in this season (if not before).
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gotta live this life....
  • Options
    munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PAthetic end to a pretty damned good show. Vic Mackey? Really. Laughable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PAthetic end to a pretty damned good show. Vic Mackey? Really. Laughable.

I liked it was him, it was a nod to The Shield a show that could have shared a universe with Son's and the final missing piece with the number of former Shield members appearing, both shows made use of a ensemble cast in a fantastic way, since I doubt he would have gone Goggin's way and put on a dress it was fitting that after the number of Barn regulars it was Vic who got him in the end
  • Options
    grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I thought it was a fitting end. I called it a few seasons ago that jax was going to go that way. If he had died at the hands of the other presidents or chips would have probably caused more war so it felt the right choice. there was absolutely no way out for him. Especially after admitting gamma and uncers deaths and shooting the Irish king and barosky.Loved the symbolism of the homeless lady being the reaper. Have to say it really makes me want to start watching the shield now. I got the dvds but still haven't got round to watching it yet.
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    It seemed a fitting end to Sons Of Anarchy but I do feel sorry for Milo at the end as he may never recover from that!

I agree with a previous poster that Abel is set to follow in his dad's footsteps as hinted at by him playing with Jax ring in the car!
  • Options
    D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought it was a boring, predicable and lacklustre end to a very good show. Such a shame it ended on a whimper.