Grand Final 2014: Music and Performances official

Comments

• GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its quite disturbing how much people hate Kevin on here.
  • joeseeksjoeseeks Posts: 1,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people hate Kevin so much?!
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh I'm finding it really hard to fathom the intense negativity towards Kevin. Sure, I can understand how some people might find him annoying but the level of dislike seems so out of proportion to anything I can think of specifically that he's done wrong!

Anyhow, Caroline emotes very well so a slow Rumba based Showdance will get the best out of her I think.

I just watched Frankie and Kevin's Paso again and it's even better than I remembered - think it could be a very strong dance for them if performed to the same level. And so what if they draw some inspiration from Natalie and Artem's Showdance? I think Frankie and Natalie are two very different personalities anyway so it'll look and feel different too.

I'm a little bit worried for Simon...the Showdance could go either way. I'm hoping the judge's pick his Week 1 Jive - Jives tend to go down quite well in finals and I thought Kristina's choreography for this one was terrific. If the imperfections are ironed out it has the potential to be a real crowd pleaser.

I feel very indifferent to all of Mark's dances. The Samba was his best but will he be knocked out before getting to perform it? I hope so. Sorry, I just can't take to the guy and I want to see the others' favourites a lot more.
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its quite disturbing how much people hate Kevin on here.
    joeseeks wrote: »

Ditto. Just said the same thing myself. It's mystifying!
  • bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    amelia_lee wrote: »
    When he said on ITT about it being a Fred and Ginger dance my thoughts were he saw how great Natalie and Artem's showdance went down and thought that's what he'd do this year.

but Natalie and artems was nott fred and ginger ???
  • amelia_leeamelia_lee Posts: 11,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bendymixer wrote: »
    but Natalie and artems was nott fred and ginger ???

No it was Cyd and Gene, but everyone even said it was after they had done it, even Bruno and it's a bit apples and oranges. The song is Fred though, but they were more Cyd and Gene in looks.
    They are both old school big show numbers.

Just to add my comments are not anti Kevin, I'm not a big fan of his, but that was my thought when he said it, but that's what some artistic people do, they see something work so have a go themselves, if it's a good formula why not?
  • peevepeeve Posts: 3,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like the sheer variety in the choice of show dance music, which makes me think that it's likely the music was imposed on them by the producers. Also liking the choices of the contestants themselves, although it's a bit Latin-heavy. I expect the judges will pick ballroom routines to balance things out a bit.
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No it was Cyd and Gene, but everyone even said it was after they had done it, even Bruno and it's a bit apples and oranges. The song is Fred though, but they were more Cyd and Gene in looks.

Just to add my comments are not anti Kevin, I'm not a big fan of his, but that was my thought when he said it, but that's what some artistic people do, they see something work so have a go themselves, if it's a good formula why not?

Or perhaps more Fred & Cyd as Fred was also a brilliant jazz dancer.
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    Ohhh, I hope Frankie gets through to the final three, because I really want to see her Paso again!

So do I.:D

In fact, 3 of my favourite dances of the series are the couple's favourite dances! :o:D

They are Frankie's Paso, Caroline's Charleston and Simon's Argentine Tango and I would love all 3 of them through to the final 3.
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    -Sid- wrote: »
    Gosh I'm finding it really hard to fathom the intense negativity towards Kevin. Sure, I can understand how some people might find him annoying but the level of dislike seems so out of proportion to anything I can think of specifically that he's done wrong!

Anyhow, Caroline emotes very well so a slow Rumba based Showdance will get the best out of her I think.

I just watched Frankie and Kevin's Paso again and it's even better than I remembered - think it could be a very strong dance for them if performed to the same level. And so what if they draw some inspiration from Natalie and Artem's Showdance? I think Frankie and Natalie are two very different personalities anyway so it'll look and feel different too.

I'm a little bit worried for Simon...the Showdance could go either way. I'm hoping the judge's pick his Week 1 Jive - Jives tend to go down quite well in finals and I thought Kristina's choreography for this one was terrific. If the imperfections are ironed out it has the potential to be a real crowd pleaser.

I feel very indifferent to all of Mark's dances. The Samba was his best but will he be knocked out before getting to perform it? I hope so. Sorry, I just can't take to the guy and I want to see the others' favourites a lot more.

I agree with you 2,000,000,000 per cent! :D
  • amelia_leeamelia_lee Posts: 11,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monaogg wrote: »
    Or perhaps more Fred & Cyd as Fred was also a brilliant jazz dancer.

Yes, it had it all in there, even tap at the beginning, bits were plucked from everywhere.

I meant the 'look' as it were was Cyd and Gene, with the green dress and yellow, but there was Fred in the dance for sure. I really enjoyed theirs last year, actually I enjoyed most of their dances, but they absolutely smashed the final.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    I'm probably looking forward to Frankie's showdance the most based on the song.

It will be interesting to see the judges choices. Of the couples favourites, I'd say Caroline and Simon have the most crowd pleasing.
  • bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

would think Kev would be thinking of his sister (if anyone ) when he said it to be honest, it was a year to the day Joanne won the world ballroom showdance to a fred and ginger number, and bet their routine it will not resemble Artems routine in any way
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VicsMum wrote: »
    Frankie and Kevin as Fred and Ginge dancing to Get Happy....

She really has it in the bag, hasn't she? I'd better go to the bookies and put some money on her now before it's too late.

no, sorry, I have to disagree, I don't think so at all - Frankie, IMO, really needs to pull out all the stops to try and sell the dance that she is doing and, again just my opinion, she hasn't done that yet - I don't think she has this final in the bag at all, she needs to put some emotion or personality into her dances - yes, the steps are all there but that is it - just is just going through the motions
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    J05h wrote: »
    Kevin is just a manipulative toad he lick the floor if that what it takes.

Ah, so that's why they then have to burn the floor... ;-)
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    no, sorry, I have to disagree, I don't think so at all - Frankie, IMO, really needs to pull out all the stops to try and sell the dance that she is doing and, again just my opinion, she hasn't done that yet - I don't think she has this final in the bag at all, she needs to put some emotion or personality into her dances - yes, the steps are all there but that is it - just is just going through the motions

This is it in a nutshell for me, for this reason she is my least favorite in the final.
  • DingDong08DingDong08 Posts: 8,600
    Forum Member

Were you not watching when she did her Argentine Tango last week then?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    curvybabes wrote: »
    [/B]

This is it in a nutshell for me, for this reason she is my least favorite in the final.

You should watch her dances back because this is far from true.
  • daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    curvybabes wrote: »
    [/B]
    I wouldn't mind her winning .. would much prefer it to the two guys but that's one reason I didn't love her AT. Technically it looked great but there was no connection between her and Kevin .. no emotion between them .. which is hardly surprising as they cringe at the thought of it. She can sell a big band number though .. no problem.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daziechain wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind her winning .. would much prefer it to the two guys but that's one reason I didn't love her AT. Technically it looked great but there was no connection between her and Kevin .. no emotion between them .. which is hardly surprising as they cringe at the thought of it. She can sell a big band number though .. no problem.

You sure you watched her AT?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You sure you watched her AT?
    Yes ... loads of times now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daziechain wrote: »
    Yes ... loads of times now.

Good well you must of liked it if you watched it loads of times.
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DingDong08 wrote: »
    Were you not watching when she did her Argentine Tango last week then?
    You should watch her dances back because this is far from true.

I am with Olive on this one. Really did not get the connection and thought their AT was more like a regular Tango with lifts & a few leg flicks. No proper AT hold of any sort.

They are too platonic to work the passion needed.
  • davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

His dance style is very flashy and energetic. This appeals to some and not to others.

Kevin has this act going on with the glasses and manner of speaking that again appeals to some and not to others.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good well you must of liked it if you watched it loads of times.
    I don't dislike it and I do like Frankie very much .. not so much Kevin .. but I've watched all the semi final dances loads .. even the terrible barefoot rumba. Frankie just looked expressionless to me .. as in her face and I couldn't feel a connection. The most expressive I've seen her is in her Tango and Paso .. so the latter is a good choice for them to dance again.