Options

Who do you think the judges would have picked, as the winner?

londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
Forum Member
✭✭✭
As the title says.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Caroline
    :)
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caroline .. they gave her three perfect scores plus two of them wanted to work with her. Second fave was probably Simon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daziechain wrote: »
    Caroline .. they gave her three perfect scores plus two of them wanted to work with her. Second fave was probably Simon.

Oh yeah, I forgot about about that.
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was obvious the judges wanted Caroline to win - it's the second year running that the producer/judge's choice has won so they must be cockahoop. That's not a slight on Caroline by the way because I don't mind her and I was happy for Pasha and she's a much better personality/dancer than last years winner so I couldn't really begrudge her win even though she was favoured by the judges.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pixie.
    Come on Pixie!
  • Options
    ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon - for multicultural political correctness (not that I'm saying that's a good or a bad thing - but all ethnic groups watch the show so it's a special opportunity when they can have a winner that isn't a typical white Anglo - they haven't had many)

Other than that, I don't think they care one whit. Whoever they're told will be best for the show (i.e. ratings). Always follow the money.
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pixie.
    Come on Pixie!

How do you figure? Two of them voted her out on the first chance they got, even though nobody would have given it second thought if they kept her. Maybe Craig and Bruno, but certainly not the other two! :p
  • Options
    nagel84nagel84 Posts: 13,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Left to their own devices: couldn't really say. However they made it pretty clear who the producers wanted to win - Caroline.

IMHO of course.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nagel84 wrote: »
    Left to their own devices: couldn't really say. However they made it pretty clear who the producers wanted to win - Caroline.

IMHO of course.

Why do you think that the producers wanted Caroline to win?
  • Options
    Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,406
    Forum Member
    Why do you think that the producers wanted Caroline to win?

It was interesting in the "Round the World" debacle that Pixie and Frankie were the only ones without the dreaded backing dancers to cope with / avoid getting bumped into.

Pixie only had them at the start of her dance, they stayed on the raised area, and Frankie had no sign of any extra dancers whatsoever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    It was interesting in the "Round the World" debacle that Pixie and Frankie were the only ones without the dreaded backing dancers to cope with / avoid getting bumped into.

Pixie only had them at the start of her dance, they stayed on the raised area, and Frankie had no sign of any extra dancers whatsoever.

Simon and Kristina had backing dancers but they were only at the start. They stayed on the raised area.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted-double post.
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Darcy and maybe Craig would have gone for Simon, Bruno and Len for Caroline. So Caroline would still have won.
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you want to be cynical, then there's an argument for saying that Caroline perhaps got her 3 perfect scores in the final as a deliberate act of justification if the judges knew she was miles ahead in the public vote. All speculation of course, but I couldn't see anything Caroline did in any way justifying higher scores in the final than some of the wonderful dancers who've gone before her, and I was astonished Craig pulled out his 10 for her very average cha cha cha.

All speculation of course, but the amount of Youtube traffic and facebook likes for her compared to the others suggests she had it in the bag long before she danced in the final. She certainly wasn't an undeserving winner in my opinion, but I think she'd have won regardless of the scores in the final, so it may have been thought that there was no harm in the judges putting her top to make a fanfare out of it all.

I think some of the judges may have picked Simon & Kristina as winners, but at some stage they all probably favoured Frankie & Kevin as well, so it could have gone any of 3 ways if the judges were deciding.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    I think some of the judges may have picked Simon & Kristina as winners, but at some stage they all probably favoured Frankie & Kevin as well, so it could have gone any of 3 ways if the judges were deciding.

My honest impression from their comments to Simon and Kristina was that whilst they had praised (or had had to praise) Caroline to the rafters, they thought he would be a more deserving winner.

With which I wouldn't disagree. I wouldn't say Caroline was undeserving but I'd say Simon was more deserving.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My honest impression from their comments to Simon and Kristina was that whilst they had praised (or had had to praise) Caroline to the rafters, they thought he would be a more deserving winner.

With which I wouldn't disagree. I wouldn't say Caroline was undeserving but I'd say Simon was more deserving.

I agree.
  • Options
    j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member

They thought he was more "deserving" because of his sob story, not his dancing.
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    j4Rose wrote: »
    They thought he was more "deserving" because of his sob story, not his dancing.

What sob story?! Nothing in his VTs that was anything more a sob story than Caroline's constant "this is the best thing I've ever done".

I think the judges quite possibly did think Simon was a more deserving winner, but because of his dancing and how much he improved, nothing else.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What sob story?! Nothing in his VTs that was anything more a sob story than Caroline's constant "this is the best thing I've ever done".

I think the judges quite possibly did think Simon was a more deserving winner, but because of his dancing and how much he improved, nothing else.

After Simon's 2nd dance-off, he decided to inform his fans, that he had been feeling depressed because they realised that he wasn't being himself. Even though, he did that, he didn't really talk about it, in his VTs so he didn't really have a sob story during the show. IMO, the judges truly believed that Simon had improved, a lot, since the beginning of the show.
  • Options
    ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,377
    Forum Member
    After Simon's 2nd dance-off, he decided to inform his fans, that he had been feeling depressed because they realised that he wasn't being himself. Even though, he did that, he didn't really talk about it, in his VTs so he didn't really have a sob story during the show. IMO, the judges truly believed that Simon had improved, a lot, since the beginning of the show.

So Carolines reveal by "friends" in the papers that she had been dumped by her boyfriend for another woman, a couple of days before the Final, elicited no sympathy votes at all? Especially with the "Angels" dance..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Carolines reveal by "friends" in the papers that she had been dumped by her boyfriend for another woman, a couple of days before the Final, elicited no sympathy votes at all? Especially with the "Angels" dance..

It could have done but for reasons that, I don't understand, Caroline was already really popular.
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be interesting if like XF and I,m a celeb the judges and presenters guessed who they think willl win at the start of the series, put their results in the envelopes and we then get to see their results at the end of the series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    curvybabes wrote: »
    It would be interesting if like XF and I,m a celeb the judges and presenters guessed who they think willl win at the start of the series, put their results in the envelopes and we then get to see their results at the end of the series.

That would be a good idea.
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I would hope that they would've chosen Caroline. I think they would have chosen Simon though.
  • Options
    KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely Simon ^_^