Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Restaurants and cafes that don't offer soya milk

Surely it should be more commonplace by now?
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    Today is the anniversary of my Dad's passing (he took his own life, aged 91 to be with my Mum) and I was suddenly overwhelmed when I heard the Intermezzo from Cavallera Rusticana being played on Desert Island Discs this morning. It was very poignant as it is one of the pieces which I had played at Dad's funeral. Anyone who has heard it will understand the sentiment and emotion which seems to accompany it. It's only a short piece, 3 mins 45 seconds and the presenter had the temerity to cut it off half way through. I felt like ringing and complaining, then remembered that D.I.D. has now become just a sounding ground for celebs to talk about themselves and not for us, the listeners, to enjoy wonderful pieces of music. Trivial, yes, and to me, just a bit heartbreaking.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ATMs which have you hit the enter button when putting in your PIN, but have to press a button to the side of the screen when withdrawing an amount that doesn't appear on the first screen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Church members parking dangerously up my road while the church undergoes some major remodelling and the car park is out of action. They park all the way up the road, right on the bend, and double park :mad: it's a busy road and a lot of people speed up and down it. Ticks me right off :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member

i agree..i can only have soya milk ..you would have thought it be more available ..Costa coffee do it though..i had a nice soya cappuccino once, a medium one and it was big for medium :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you are in a queue of say 10 people. The front person moves to the counter. The queue moves up, but the person two places in front of you DOESN'T MOVE. leaving a big space.>:(

Or people in front of you that don't put the "next customer" bar behind their shopping on the conveyor belt. I have to then try and lean over and get one myself and bang it down behind their stuff! >:(
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or people in front of you that don't put the "next customer" bar behind their shopping on the conveyor belt. I have to then try and lean over and get one myself and bang it down behind their stuff! >:(

Just accidentally fall onto their loaf of soft fresh bread as you reach across. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just accidentally fall onto their loaf of soft fresh bread as you reach across. :D

Ha! I've never thought of doing that. Might just have to next time :-D
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When my dog licks her paws loudly.
  • Options
    TunnelVision9TunnelVision9 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who don't indicate.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been waiting an hour and a half for Chinese delivery. Takeaways round here are so slow.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    People who slide their specs down their nose and peer at you over them when they talk to you. I just find that so annoying. We have a receptionist at work who does that –it doesn’t help in her case that everything else she does is so annoying too, the spec thing is the icing on the cake!
    I’ll go and ask her a simple question: has a package been handed in for me?
    The specs are slid down the nose, she looks at me like I’m some kind of strange insect, purses her lips and lets out a long sigh. Then the condescending smile and the dumb question, “And are you expecting a package?”
    “Er yes, that’s why I asked.”
    Another sigh, roll eyes and “And did you ask for it to be sent here?”
    “No, I asked for it to be delivered to the Bulgarian embassy in Tokyo.”
    She’ll carry on with the peering over her specs, sighing and asking patronising questions before telling me that the package has been sitting under her desk all morning, getting in her way and it’s not her job to look after our stuff.
    “So why didn’t you tell me sooner?”
    “You didn’t ask.”
    Grrrrrr
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    People who slide their specs down their nose and peer at you over them when they talk to you. I just find that so annoying. We have a receptionist at work who does that –it doesn’t help in her case that everything else she does is so annoying too, the spec thing is the icing on the cake!
    I’ll go and ask her a simple question: has a package been handed in for me?
    The specs are slid down the nose, she looks at me like I’m some kind of strange insect, purses her lips and lets out a long sigh. Then the condescending smile and the dumb question, “And are you expecting a package?”
    “Er yes, that’s why I asked.”
    Another sigh, roll eyes and “And did you ask for it to be sent here?”
    “No, I asked for it to be delivered to the Bulgarian embassy in Tokyo.”
    She’ll carry on with the peering over her specs, sighing and asking patronising questions before telling me that the package has been sitting under her desk all morning, getting in her way and it’s not her job to look after our stuff.
    “So why didn’t you tell me sooner?”
    “You didn’t ask.”
    Grrrrrr

Maybe close up she can see you fine, But things further or small print on a screen or piece of paper she can't and that is why she does it
  • Options
    littlemadangellittlemadangel Posts: 4,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was in Sainsburys today (at the trivially annoying self service checkouts) and I was just putting my last item in the bag when some man with obviously no sense of personal space decided to start loading his groceries onto the tray of the machine that I was using (please bear in mind I hadn't even put my cash in yet).

Of course at that moment, the checkout decided to do the whole "unexpected item in bagging area" thing and he just proceeded to stand there and stare impatiently at me.

He only moved on once I called a staff member over and he realised he wasn't to get anywhere fast

>:(

I think that was a rant at the checkout and the man equally.
  • Options
    cinnamon girlcinnamon girl Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I answer a call for one of my colleagues and I see he's about to go to lunch or something, I'll say he's not available and will take a message for him, as you do. So he stands there listening to my side of the call, then asks me what it's about afterwards. What a waste of my time - I might as well have just transferred the call! I think I'll do that in future. >:(
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    cris182 wrote: »
    Maybe close up she can see you fine, But things further or small print on a screen or piece of paper she can't and that is why she does it

I know but it's just the way of peering down their nose that annoys me. I take my glasses off when I talk to someone. Sliding them down your nose makes it look like you're sizing them up.
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you walk through a door and reach behind you to hold it for the next person, and instead of grabbing the door they squeeze past you. I'm not the bloody doorman, do these people not understand proper etiquette or manners? I find people who let the door slam in your face equally rude, it only takes a second or two to be nice.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TV advertisements that try to pass off 'professional' actors as normal members of the public. The actors always do such a bad job at trying to act natural - they over act and the whole thing ends up being a cheesy, insincere mess.

Take the latest advert for Oral B Pro-expert toothpaste - forgetting for a moment that the girl used to be in Hollyoaks, it's obvious she's an actor just by the way she delivers her lines - totally unnatural.
    Who at Oral B watched the final edit of that advertisement and thought "yes, that's it! Perfect!" ?? Do they think that we, the general public, would find this believable? They must think we are all mugs. They should be fired.
  • Options
    lustyrustylustyrusty Posts: 126
    Forum Member

I feel like this about sweeteners! I'm a diabetic and have to carry my own everywhere. Also diet drinks - everywhere does diet coke but that's it! I'd love a diet orange, or diet lilt or anything that's not coke!
  • Options
    lustyrustylustyrusty Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    And I just thought of when you come in from the rain and someone asks 'Is it raining outside?' I've been banned by my Mother from saying 'Nah I had an outside baptism.'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was in Sainsburys today (at the trivially annoying self service checkouts) and I was just putting my last item in the bag when some man with obviously no sense of personal space decided to start loading his groceries onto the tray of the machine that I was using (please bear in mind I hadn't even put my cash in yet).

Of course at that moment, the checkout decided to do the whole "unexpected item in bagging area" thing and he just proceeded to stand there and stare impatiently at me.

He only moved on once I called a staff member over and he realised he wasn't to get anywhere fast

>:(

I think that was a rant at the checkout and the man equally.

I hate it when people do that. I want to say "just fecking wait your turn!" >:(
  • Options
    Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    pugamo wrote: »
    When my dog licks her paws loudly.

Awww! I absolutely love random doggie noises and miss just about every noise my retriever used to make when she was with us. In particular, smacking her lips when she was waking up, standing up from a snooze and shaking herself, and all the snuffling and sneezing. :D Trust me, you'll miss all those wee noises when they're not there anymore.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you're in a shop and see a bargain but don't buy it right away. No, instead you return home, realise you really wanted it, kick yourself for lacking spontaneity, then go back the following day, money in hand, only to find, whereas yesterday it was filled to overflowing with reduced items, today the shelf is bare. >:(
    Didn't happen to me today though, cos there were still 3 left and I gottem all. :cool:
  • Options
    jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    I know but it's just the way of peering down their nose that annoys me. I take my glasses off when I talk to someone. Sliding them down your nose makes it look like you're sizing them up.

Maybe it's her whole demeanour that annoys you, because I very often wear my glasses on the end of my nose, I'm long sighted, so I can see everything else just fine, just can't read print up close. :)
  • Options
    open-armsopen-arms Posts: 474
    Forum Member
    silversox wrote: »
    Today is the anniversary of my Dad's passing (he took his own life, aged 91 to be with my Mum) and I was suddenly overwhelmed when I heard the Intermezzo from Cavallera Rusticana being played on Desert Island Discs this morning. It was very poignant as it is one of the pieces which I had played at Dad's funeral. Anyone who has heard it will understand the sentiment and emotion which seems to accompany it. It's only a short piece, 3 mins 45 seconds and the presenter had the temerity to cut it off half way through. I felt like ringing and complaining, then remembered that D.I.D. has now become just a sounding ground for celebs to talk about themselves and not for us, the listeners, to enjoy wonderful pieces of music. Trivial, yes, and to me, just a bit heartbreaking.

Music is great for helping with bereavement and it is annoying when someone either cuts it short or talks over it. You could use spotify and search for it on there and you can listen to it without interuption.
This discussion has been closed.