Humax 1010s No On Demand

astroastro Posts: 13,454
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi folks, by box is just a few days old and won't connect to On Demand or Showcase. Tried all the usual things such as a reset, turning off and on etc. Then did a search to find a few people have had this problem since the latest update. I phoned Humax support to be told that they were aware of the problem and that the fault was at their end. Four days later and it's still not fixed. I just wondered if anyone here had the same problem.

Comments

• astroastro Posts: 13,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yup, I had read that forum and contributed, but considering Humax are stating they have a problem I've wondered why so few people are reporting it. hence asking has anyone here had the same problem.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    astro wrote: »
    Yup, I had read that forum and contributed, but considering Humax are stating they have a problem I've wondered why so few people are reporting it. hence asking has anyone here had the same problem.

Perhaps people have read that Humax are aware so don't feel the need of posting to a forum.
    Freesat are aware too as they'e also got a couple of issues with the iOS app too which they're looking into.
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As posted by Barry at MyHumax. Can anyone experiencing problems with Showcase and On Demand try this out ?

Leave the box tuned to a BBC-HD channel for 30 minutes. Then reboot the box. If you could then post the results it may help to resolve the problem.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Hi me too! Having problems for around two weeks. Purchased Humax in Jan this year from Curry's worked fine till now after been installed by local sat installer. Contacted them, but no reply? Is there any updates on this problem
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Hi me too! Having problems for around two weeks. Purchased Humax in Jan this year from Curry's worked fine till now after been installed by local sat installer. Contacted them, but no reply? Is there any updates on this problem

There was an update available on Wednesday 19th that should resolve any issues.
    You may want to check what software version you have, it should be Software Version 2.02.07.
  • tim1964tim1964 Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I managed to get my Showcase and On Demand working again by unplugging the box (not just turning off from the front) for about 20 minutes and then switched it back on again.

:D
  • mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have had this problem since I bought my Humax. I think it's because I use enterprise ethernet switches and the spanning tree protocol is sometimes too slow for it to open the port up, so it tries and fails to get an IP address because no traffic is being allowed. If I run the setup thing later on it works fine, and setting a static IP worked for me too.