Psych on ITV2

montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've just noticed that ITV2 are going to start showing Season 1 of Psych in the afternoon time slot currently filled by Royal Pains. I know it's pretty old by now, but I think it's the first time that it's been on terrestrial TV since BBC2 showed it many years ago as a Monk replacement.

Hopefully they are going to show more than series 1 as that's all that I've seen so far and I enjoyed what little of it I've previously seen.

It starts on Jan 15th 13:45 and is on every weekday.

Comments

• koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've just noticed that ITV2 are going to start showing Season 1 of Psych in the afternoon time slot currently filled by Royal Pains. I know it's pretty old by now, but I think it's the first time that it's been on terrestrial TV since BBC2 showed it many years ago as a Monk replacement.

Hopefully they are going to show more than series 1 as that's all that I've seen so far and I enjoyed what little of it I've previously seen.

That's good news, I saw S1 and 2 on BBC2 but they stopped showing it after that and missed out on the middle of the series, and caught up with the last 2 seasons.

How far did they get with Royal Pains? I've seen all seasons of RP but it will be a good indication of where they might go with Psych.

It will be ideal for the Royal Pains slot.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Series recorded
    Never seen it before but know of it.
  • logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant show. We have all the box sets except Season 8 which sadly was the last.
  • Raj_91Raj_91 Posts: 3,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for this, just put it on record. :D
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's good news, I saw S1 and 2 on BBC2 but they stopped showing it after that and missed out on the middle of the series, and caught up with the last 2 seasons.

How far did they get with Royal Pains? I've seen all seasons of RP but it will be a good indication of where they might go with Psych.

It will be ideal for the Royal Pains slot.

I didn't realise that they showed both the first two seasons, but it was quite a while ago.

As for Royal Pains they are showing series 4 at the moment, but as that was when Jill Flint left the show, I don't care if they never show season 5. :D
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know it's pretty old by now, but I think it's the first time that it's been on terrestrial TV since BBC2 showed it many years ago as a Monk replacement.

I'm pretty sure Pysch has never been shown on BBC2
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They did for a short while on Saturday afternoons. Think they only did the first season..In fact i think they only showed a few eps and not the complete season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    logansdad wrote: »
    They did for a short while on Saturday afternoons. Think they only did the first season..In fact i think they only showed a few eps and not the complete season.

Universal always had the first run rights though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member

According to Genome they showed most of the first season as double bills...
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It'll be good if ITV2 shows 3 or 4 seasons at least. There are only 15 or 16 episodes per season so they'll go through them quickly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Universal always had the first run rights though

Thats right but they were a full year behind!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thats right but they were a full year behind!

Which is so unusual these days

It can still happen though... C5 are yet to show Season 3 of Person of Interest and yet the US is nearly halfway through Season 4
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is rare i agree. We got into Psych through watching it on Universal ( I think it was actually Hallmark then) but we had missed quite a bit of it. Anyhoo the missus went to New York on a girls jolly and came back with seasons 1 to 3 (we have a region free DVD player). Since then we couldn't wait and just got them through Amazon USA. By the way, Psych was huge in America at it's peak, the wife said that Times Square had billboards advertising season 4 and all the taxis had Psych advertising.
    Since it ended there have been rumours of a feature film, I wonder if Tears for Fears will do the soundtrack?