Humax HDR1000S keeps switching TV input while on standby

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 100
Forum Member
I have a Humax HDR1000S and a Sharp Aquos TV. Freesat box is on HDMI 1, DVD player is on HDMI 2.

I can be watching normal freeview via the TV or watching a DVD with Freesat on standby yet every 15/20 minutes I can hear a noise from the Freesat box and the TV switches to HDMI 1. Very annoying!!!

Is there any setting I can alter to stop this? Is it something to do with the Freesat App paired with the box? Would an external HDMI switch prevent this happening?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• victorslotvictorslot Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is to do with the Freetime App. If you have this set up then the box checks regularly to see if you have set a recording via the app. Try switching the The HDMI cable to another input, some TV's only allow auto switching on one input.
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,452
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately Humax have never really understood auto-switching, not even on SCART - and stupidly switch the TV to the Humax under circumstances when you don't want it to, and it shouldn't do.

For a SCART lead you cut pin 8 to stop it, for HDMI you would need to turn off CEC on either the TV or the box.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    If using a different HDMI input does not stop it then try turning off Aquos Link in the TV's settings (it is what Sharp call the CEC interface for controlling connected equipment).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    I've tried switching the HDMI cables for the Freesat box and DVD with no resolution and would need to check where the CEC setting is on both TV and box.

Would a quick fix be to uninstall the app? or unpair it if that is possible?
  • victorslotvictorslot Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've tried switching the HDMI cables for the Freesat box and DVD with no resolution and would need to check where the CEC setting is on both TV and box.

Would a quick fix be to uninstall the app? or unpair it if that is possible?

Yes if you uninstall/unpair the app that will cure that problem.