Options

Susan - WTF?

124»

Comments

• Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still don't understand why Natasha decided Susan was responsible for the failure. I'm failing to understand where Natasha is coming from on this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    I still don't understand why Natasha decided Susan was responsible for the failure. I'm failing to understand where Natasha is coming from on this.

it was just jealousy and spite talking.

natasha knows she's out of her depth. i have seen people blame others to cover their own ineptness
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting that that got no attention at all. It should have been either been a mistake changing the rules which would count against her - or a very smart piece of thinking and selling which should have pushed her up into the top of the competition.

It seems to have not registered and been ignored - perhaps because Lord Sugar missed it, or didn't know what to do about it - or doesn't want her.
    That team won. The winning team get much less analysis. Usually they focus on the mistakes, partly to make it look like either team could have lost.
  • Options
    allafixallafix Posts: 20,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jepson wrote: »
    Susan has already come a long way during the course of this process.

The way she dealt with Natasha at the end of last nights programme was an enormous improvement on the way she would have handled it at the beginning.

Plus she has shown great business instincts not on one but on several tasks.

It's now almost impossible for her not to make the final. If she goes ahead of Tom or Natasha it will be a complete travesty.
    This may be a first, but I agree 100% with your summary of Susan's progress. She was very mature in the way she handled Natasha's comments at the house. Mind you, it might have been better if she hadn't complained to Natasha on the stall. Often it's better to just get on with things, rather than argue about who's pulling their weight and who isn't.

She still has a capacity for gaffes. Her idea to sell door to door in Knightsbridge was awful. We must assume it was her idea, because she didn't blame Natasha for sending her there. The duvet covers were clearly market stall items. You wouldn't sell them door to door in a run-down estate, certainly not in an up market location.

I agree Susan is a nailed on certainty for the final now, and she deserves it.
    Don't see how thats racist in any way. But needlessly nasty for sure.
    Susan's face shape is characteristically Chinese. Guess what, she is of Chinese origin. If someone criticised Edna for having fat lips I think the racist undertone of such a remark would be clearer.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    japara wrote: »
    Although it has become a bit of a joke, that every task Susan says Let me be project manager I have experience in that etc.....but at least she is always up for being project manager unlike so many of them who try to coast through by avoiding the responsibility.

Susan got criticised in the magazine task for not really putting herself forward to pitch. I think she's determined that that's one accusation she'll never allow to be made against her again.
  • Options
    CherrybomberCherrybomber Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    I had expected Jim to step up as he talked about how good he was with sales and selling. He still doesn't put himself forward as PM. I still don't remember how well he performed as PM the last time, but I do remember how he refused to move forward until he had everyone's approval. I do give Susan and Natasha the credit for having the guts.

Hasn't Jim only been PM once? When LS said he had to be?
    He wont be selected, he has no guts at all. Slimy cowards won't be going into business with Alan Sugar.
  • Options
    FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to drag this discussion back to the topic...

I think Susan has the potential to be great, but she hasn't done herself any favours in terms of coming across as a businesswoman. Some of her mannerisms and turns of phrase are still quite immature, and I suspect that watching the series back again will teach her that, and allow her to reconsider the impressions she makes on others. Agreed, she has come out with some classic 'ditzy girl' quotes, but she does have the entrepreneurial spark that Shug seems to be after.

Oh, and Natasha. HOW is she still there?!! :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hasn't Jim only been PM once? When LS said he had to be?
    He wont be selected, he has no guts at all. Slimy cowards won't be going into business with Alan Sugar.

Yes, LS assigned him to be the PM of the free mag task. Jim still hasn't volunteered. Perhaps he will put himself forward next week, but I doubt it. He only takes risks when he knows there's someone he can throw under a bus and when he's absolutely certain of the rules (sensible). :D
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom hasn't volunteered to be PM either. This week was the first time Natasha volunteered. Helen and Susan are really the only two to stick their necks out on that score, and even Helen waited a fair few weeks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's true. Melody volunteered in week 1 and didn't volunteer until last week, but I'm letting her off the hook because week 1 is the toughest.

Jim - never volunteered
    Tom - never volunteered
    Helen - volunteered in the junk task?
    Natasha - volunteered twice? Free mag and ?
    Zoe - last week and... I can't remember
    Susan - "It's right up my street!" almost every week :D
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Natasha was made PM for the Magazine task, rather than putting herself forward. I think Susan has volunteered in some shape or form for every PMship for which she's been eligible apart from a couple.

(I'd forgotten Helen had put herself forward week 1 but got outvoted in favour of Melody, so there's that in her favour).