Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 49)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want her to cover Halo.
  • Options
    gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want her to cover Halo.

imagine if she did a Medley of We Found Love, Impossible & Halo :p:D the shade of it all haha...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gelbma0991 wrote: »
    imagine if she did a Medley of We Found Love, Impossible & Halo :p:D the shade of it all haha...

Then she sings Bleeding Love singing...
    "your songs sales are crippled by the longevity bleeding love is having".... "it's still charting and IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII KEEP SLAYING I KEEEP SLAYING"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love for her to do some curve balls on her tour, I loved her covers of They Don't Care About Us and Sweet Dreams because they were unexpected. I also loved Man Down for that reason. Her doing a ballady version of a dance song/rock song is a bit boring now imo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just wondering for all those who know about notes, what's the note that happens around the 2:46-2:47 mark here? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ntmX0tSfMo

Hey it's an F#5, nice high belt. That album is amazing, good to know others listen to Dawn.
    Stube wrote: »
    What songs do you guys want Leona to cover on her tour?

Your Eyes Open by Keane. One of the best choruses I ever heard in my life. She does the indie/alternative covers so well and it's not a typical choice. :p

She should take fan requests and perform a different song each night like Kelly Clarkson did at her last tour. That would be really good.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The reason Leona and Labrinth haven't worked together is down to Labrinth I would imagine, not Syco. He said a few months back he would never work with X Factor singers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    I think she's going to do a cover of Kissing You from Romeo and Juliet because she said the tour is gonna be kinda romantic about love etc. ....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ugh DS is doing that thing again where you can't see posts unless you reply, how annoying... it hasn't done that for years! :o
    I think she's going to do a cover of Kissing You from Romeo and Juliet because she said the tour is gonna be kinda romantic about love etc. ....

That wouldn't surprise me, didn't she mention in an interview there was a Romeo & Juliet theme? And she's sang that song a couple of times! The karaoke performance was amaaaaazing <3
  • Options
    EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member

E6.

Hopefully we'll get some news soon about the tour and its theme/style.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What note is this...?? ;) >>>>>
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »

Sounds like a G#6.

Edit: Nvm, I was listening to the build up. D7 is the peak note at the end. It goes G#6-A6-C#7-D7 I believe? I'm a bit ill atm so my hearing isn't 100% :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Envoirment wrote: »
    Sounds like a G#6.

Edit: Nvm, I was listening to the build up. D7 is the peak note at the end.

I know, she's amazing I just felt like posting that slay note (peak is D7) :o:p...that's not the highest she can go either. I think she has a similar range to Mariah....>>>>

I'd like to see Leona push her limits vocally, I've always had this feeling that she's held back her true range.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    E6.

Hopefully we'll get some news soon about the tour and its theme/style.
    This video had it listed as an F6
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTvfYj5f3Vo

:p

This was back in 2001 when she had no vocal training.
    The Latin queen is better now :cool:
    Her headvoice/falsetto here: http://youtu.be/vZ9wA8lnLEY?t=2m9s
    Belting: http://youtu.be/wGcW5CpEuG0?t=2m4s
    Her belting has improved drastically but her tone is a harsh to some :)

sorry to turn this into a Belinda Appreciation thread :o

I hope she does Lovin You it'd be perfect :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know, she's amazing I just felt like posting that slay note (peak is D7) :o:p...that's not the highest she can go either. I think she has a similar range to Mariah....>>>>

I'd like to see Leona push her limits vocally, I've always had this feeling that she's held back her true range.

Tamar can't go as low as Mariah. Her low notes get quite weak at E3 and inaudible under it. But I think she could definitely go up into the middle-upper 7th Octave, possibly 8th, as she had quite a lot of ease going up to that D7.

In regards to Leona, she is DEFINITELY holding back her range. Leona has gone into the 7th Octave multiple times I bet. Like seriously, if someone like me can go up to F6/F#6, not trained or anything then I'm pretty sure that Leona, a trained classical singer with a much higher voice than mine, could go into the 7th octave. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This video had it listed as an F6
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTvfYj5f3Vo:p

I'm ill atm :( Lol this is like the 5th time I've been ill in the last 4 months. A record for being ill for me :( I'm getting old!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm ill atm :( Lol this is like the 5th time I've been ill in the last 4 months. A record for being ill for me :( I'm getting old!

have you been flying back and forth gigging again?! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tamar can't go as low as Mariah. Her low notes get quite weak at E3 and inaudible under it. But I think she could definitely go up into the middle-upper 7th Octave, possibly 8th, as she had quite a lot of ease going up to that D7.

In regards to Leona, she is DEFINITELY holding back her range. Leona has gone into the 7th Octave multiple times I bet. Like seriously, if someone like me can go up to F6/F#6, not trained or anything then I'm pretty sure that Leona, a trained classical singer with a much higher voice than mine, could go into the 7th octave. :D

She can hit C3, she did it on her reality show when she was making fun of Toni, she definitely hit the notes from Unbreak My Heart. I definitely know Tamar can hit at least as high as Mariah's top notes.

Leona I think she's capable of at least C7, just like I think Nicole is as well, they are both classically trained so I just have this feeling that they can. Especially Leona, maybe she's not confident with it? I'm not sure. We should ask her when she does #AskLeona.

Leona needs to work on her low end though, Fingerprint showed massive growth, but I still think it's her only weakness.
  • Options
    IluzionistaIluzionista Posts: 5,406
    Forum Member
    Ok, so here's where Leona performed:

"Dubai, UAE, February 28, 2013 - Last night, the JW Marriott luxury brand celebrated the newly opened landmark hotel in the Middle East and second Marquis worldwide - the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai. Featuring an exclusive performance by British singer / songwriter and recording star, Leona Lewis, the "World's Tallest Hotel" hosted more than 1,200 VIP guests, including international design icon Donna Karan, local singing sensation Salha and the Million Dollar Band, and Dubai television personality DJ Bliss."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Trust me, I've been really sick since December. Especially in January/February till now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She can hit C3, she did it on her reality show when she was making fun of Toni, she definitely hit the notes from Unbreak My Heart. I definitely know Tamar can hit at least as high as Mariah's top notes.

Leona I think she's capable of at least C7, just like I think Nicole is as well, they are both classically trained so I just have this feeling that they can. Especially Leona, maybe she's not confident with it? I'm not sure. We should ask her when she does #AskLeona.

Leona needs to work on her low end though, Fingerprint showed massive growth, but I still think it's her only weakness.

She hit a breif Eb3 in "her" version of "Unbreak My Heart" and it was very low in volume. Her C3 the same. She is very similar to Leona in that respect. I think she could hit a B2, but it would cause her to strain/it would be quite quiet I think. Perhaps when her voice has darkened more, when she's in her 50s, will she be able to go down as low as Mariah. But at the same time Mariah's voice would have darkened and might be able to go down lower! Mariah's gone down to F2 before in the studio and G#2 live. Plus, her rendition of Stevie Wonder's "You And I" is AMAZING! So many Bb2/B2/C3/C#3/D3s lol. Anyway away from Mariah/Tamar lol.

Leona could go higher, and I don't think it's a confidence thing. I just don't think she feels that she needs to do it. Leona has scaled up to Eb6 many times live with ease, so I would think she is definitely comfortable with E6 & F6 and possibly G6. She herself told us she still trains classically, so she shouldn't have much problem with going really high in head voice.

Leona has two weaknesses; Low notes & Upper Belts.

Leona's low notes become inaudible under E3 still. Fingerprint was definitely nice to see her comfortable with all the F3-G3s and a breif E3 or two, along with Mountains and its E3s. Her live version of "Fingerprint" was really great too, despite being ill. So I would love to hear her lower notes on it again live when she's healthy!

Her upper belts still need more work as well. They still tend to be not as resonant as they could be and she becomes tense at times when hitting them.
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona at 0:34 sec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1c2BC1dOJs

Is he painting Leona at the end?:eek:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BEJR9rQCMAAJ1fR.jpg:large
    NylonPR Nylon Communications 39 mins
    So, Leona Lewis was at our celebration party tonight @jwdubaimarquis looking amazing & belting out bleeding love! pic.twitter.com/EodpXXsO20
  • Options
    IluzionistaIluzionista Posts: 5,406
    Forum Member
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    Leona at 0:34 sec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1c2BC1dOJs

Is he painting Leona at the end?:eek:

Yeah, I saw some pic on twitter.
    Well, this was some good $$$ gig for sure :cool:
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I saw some pic on twitter.
    Well, this was some good $$$ gig for sure :cool:

Yeah I think she got alot lol :p It was a party for the tallest hotel ever so they probably paid her millions :')
    JW Marriott Hotels ‏@JWMarriott
    Our @Jwdubaimarquis launch is well under way, with performances from @leonalewismusic & @2CELLOS! Follow the conversation w/ #ExperienceJWM

I bet she performed A Moment Like This again
This discussion has been closed.