It's been exactly 8 years since BB7 Launched!

AFanOfBigBroAFanOfBigBro Posts: 795
Forum Member
✭✭
Happy 8th Birthday BB7. :D

Comments

• 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    Who could have done in just a few short hours we'd have been subject to "my name is Bonneh... Everyfin' and everyfin'" (which is still a catchphrase in my house!)
  • Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    *ahem*

WHO IS SHE? WHO IS SHE? WHO IS SHE? WHERE DID YOU FIND HER?
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    Yeah I still say "Bonneh", one of the only ones I still use :D
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @41.50

The jaw drop heard around the world

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nOTIcNzpac
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last BB I truly loved watching. I became a live feed addict! :D
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This was the year of 'Get Grace out'!
  • SCOUSE-DUDESCOUSE-DUDE Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last good series of Big Brother for me especially one where afterwards I've missed the show. The first week was quite horrible but overall a decent series.
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 242,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best BB ever nuff said !
  • Watch BB on 5Watch BB on 5 Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    i found it hard to route for any of the housemates that year. had to settle on aisleyne.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This series was the last time I felt genuinely sad when BB ended for another summer

Despised Aisleyne when she first went in but ended up rooting for her and she very nearly won, but sadly she had no chance against the final 2, St Pete the Chosen One and Dermot's favourite Glyn
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Great series, too bad it all went down hill from there, though finally 8 years later (can't believe it's been that long) it's slowly recovering.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    This was the year of 'Get Grace out'!

And sadly that chant of Get xxxx out remains to this day

One of the many things that I would personally like to see ejected from our show as it's really rude and disrespectful :(
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The year I officially jumped on board the BB train, can't believe how much time has passed! :o
  • DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally, I can't believe it's been 14 years since the original!
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,764
    Forum Member
    I remember sitting in the seats by a swimming pool that day after school and my friends were confused as to why i was so excited
  • bb2011fanbb2011fan Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who could have done in just a few short hours we'd have been subject to "my name is Bonneh... Everyfin' and everyfin'" (which is still a catchphrase in my house!)

I still remember Bonnie saying "everyfin and everyfin" from her VT and they used to take the mick out of her on BBLB all the time. I dont know why it stuck in my mind :D
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crazy! That BB really takes me back, it was sort of the backdrop for a very exciting time of my life, so I remember vividly where I was and what I was doing in correlation to when events in that series happened too. I'd go back if I could.
    Forum Member
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    Crazy! That BB really takes me back, it was sort of the backdrop for a very exciting time of my life, so I remember vividly where I was and what I was doing in correlation to when events in that series happened too. I'd go back if I could.

So would I! :(
  • Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best series :D created some of my favourite housemates in Imogen, Aisleyne, Nikki and Grace :)
    Forum Member
    Wonder if any of the housemates have marked the occasion/thought about it today?
  • dtorredtorre Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was very disappointed with it. After probably the best BB ever the year before I was looking forward to BB7 but it predictably failed to live up to the previous one. It taught me not to expect anything special from BB before the series starts, just to wait and see
  • NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *ahem*

WHO IS SHE? WHO IS SHE? WHO IS SHE? WHERE DID YOU FIND HER?

And that is all that needs to be said. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Incredible series. I miss those days. You used to sit and wait for the show to start, hear Davina's opening line and feel a bit excited then you'd see the new house and be introduced to the new Housemates and pick your favourites and then you knew you'd be HOOKED for the entire summer. It was in the newspapers, sometimes on the radio, all over the magazines, people were talking about it at school and it was like the X-Factor (2008 - 2010) of the summer.

I really feel nostalgic thinking about it. I really do miss how big of an event the show used to be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Load of 'orrible sods, bloody booing....Nasty 'orrible people, I've done nowt wrong"

And just about every day after, Leah never let everyone forget how she was booed on the way in ;)

Then there was the deep throating of the carrot and her last words in the house, "Let me out then, you f'ing currents"

Obviously not the exact words but can't put the uncut version up as I don't want to get hit with the inactive hammer ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    It was definitely the best launch night they've ever had. I can just remember Davina in hysterics for most of it, none of the false excitement that Davina did in her later years along with Brian and even Emma. It was a brilliant series but it definitely killed the show off long term.