Good News about Wilko Johnson

Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
Forum Member
Pretty drastic surgery but he's still with us.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29727632

Comments

• mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty drastic surgery but he's still with us.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29727632

I can only say.....brilliant.
  • RikScotRikScot Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic news :)
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, wonderful news for him and his loved ones and encouragement for those of us going through it at the moment, too. :)
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Great news. It sounds like they've removed a hell of a lot of his insides though. Fingers crossed it doesn't come back somewhere else.
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a God!
  • DRAGON LANCEDRAGON LANCE Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know what, I had the pleasure of watching one of his "last" shows. Really cathartic empowering stuff for the soul watching him play through his illness. Phenomenal show, the guy is practically the English Chuck Berry on guitar. Watching him was both thrilling and moving. You couldn't help but think, God, don't let him die like this.

However its even more greater empowering stuff to hear he has deified the odds and survived. Sometimes your prayers can be answered!

The man is quite literally a living legend and it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Hope he makes a full recovery.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pleased for him but I hope he isn't tempting fate by declaring himself "cured". It may well come back elsewhere.
  • BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to hear a positive cancer outcome this week.
  • Abby_GaleAbby_Gale Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Cancer is very bad illness but thanks God he is survivals after surgery.
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    I'm pleased for him but I hope he isn't tempting fate by declaring himself "cured". It may well come back elsewhere.
    Not really. If it comes back, it comes back, regardless of what he thinks or says. He'll have plenty of time to worry about that when/if it happens and should be positive whilst he can.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent news.

His whole attitude in the face of his diagnosis should be celebrated. The man is an inspiration.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We do need to remember, however, that while Wilko Johnson has been given the all clear, Alvin Stardust has not been so fortunate.

http://news.sky.com/story/1358768/singer-alvin-stardust-dies-aged-72
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The things people do to win a Q Award.

Brilliant news.
  • FrankBTFrankBT Posts: 4,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also pleased to hear about Wilko's apparent defeat of pancreatic cancer. Although how he intends to survive without intestines (according to the BBC) is going to be a pretty remarkable feat within itself.
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really pleased for him. I hope he continues to stay well. One of Britain's most underrated rock guitarists and a great character as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More like 'Great news about Wilko Johnson' :)

Thought his interview was dead funny. Perhaps I'll be able to get tickets for the next tour now, there wasn't a hope on the last one.
    Hope he's around for a very long time.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Excellent news, I'm thrilled for Wilko!