Stars In Their Eyes

jackpotjackpotjackpotjackpot Posts: 235
Forum Member
Does anyone know the date this is due to air?

Comments

• H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saturday 10th January at 7pm.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Challenge TV seem to be having a Stars marathon with about 6 hours of back to back episodes :)
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Harry Hill's appointment doesn't make this a joke series.

SITEs was never meant to be like that.
  • rikstan87rikstan87 Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Harry Hill's appointment doesn't make this a joke series.

SITEs was never meant to be like that.

He does
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone seen the footage of SITE for Harry's appearance on This Morning? He's on the set singing himself with big heads dancing. :o:o:o

Absolute joke.

It's making a mockery of the original here.
  • BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harry Hill is just a total joke
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    I have just seen a clip of SITE and they were having a food fight :confused:

This looks bloody awful. What a shame as I thought this would have been like the original.

So nothing good to look forward to on a Saturday night still.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »

This looks bloody awful. What a shame as I thought this would have been like the original.

It was never going to be the original with Harry Hill. It's detesting.

I thought ITV had ruined Family Fortunes when they bought it back, but this is a total pi**take of Stars in their Eyes. Hope it completely bombs.
    Forum Member
    JordyD wrote: »
    It was never going to be the original with Harry Hill. It's detesting.

I thought ITV had ruined Family Fortunes when they bought it back, but this is a total pi**take of Stars in their Eyes. Hope it completely bombs.

I was hoping that Harry was going to clam down for this as I went off tv burps as it became a child's show. This looks the same.

I would love to see 'normal' people back on FF not all these celeb versions.

I don't see SITE saying for long from that trailer. What a waste of money.
  • ErinnaErinna Posts: 663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I used to love SITE, the food fight was ridiculous. Looks like I will record this and fast-forward to the acts.
  • TallywackerTallywacker Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    X Factor is the 'serious' karaoke show for Saturday nights. It's no surprise the return of the original SITE format is now being marketed as the 'joke' karaoke show complete with Harry Hill presenting.
    Forum Member
    Erinna wrote: »
    I used to love SITE, the food fight was ridiculous. Looks like I will record this and fast-forward to the acts.

I am not even going to bother. DVD's on Saturday night again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping that Harry was going to clam down for this as I went off tv burps as it became a child's show. This looks the same.

I would love to see 'normal' people back on FF not all these celeb versions.

I don't see SITE saying for long from that trailer. What a waste of money.

Yes, TV Burp became childish towards the end and too many weird sketches.

FF was ruined by Vernon Kaye, and those awful VTs which try to be funny, but are just cringeworthy to say the least. Awful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »
    Anyone seen the footage of SITE for Harry's appearance on This Morning? He's on the set singing himself with big heads dancing. :o:o:o

Absolute joke.

It's making a mockery of the original here.

Hahahahahahaha yes that was funny to watch, you haven't seen anything yet trust me.
  • SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was bound to a steaming pile of cheese from the moment Harry Hill was named as presenter, anyone who expected different was kidding themselves. We'll try it in the hope we can enjoy the contestants and ignore the jibbering buffoon, but I'm not sure how possible that'll be. The main choice is Harry Hill or Will.I.Am... two desperate attempts at quirky... but since SITE is at least meant to be a bit of fun rather than find the next chart flop... Harry Hill it is... for now... failing that... it might just be time to crack open the MASH boxset.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the life of me I cannot fathom how Harry Hill is considered funny. The man is dire.
  • ClareBClareB Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was going to give it a go myself, but I'm definitely having second thoughts. It seems like it's going to be all about him and not the contestants.
  • TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't understand the criticism of Harry Hill.
    He's zany, crazy, hyperactive,witty and a refreshing change from the average game show presenter.
    His TV Burp was fantastic, and no one else could do You've been Framed like he does, original and witty.
    Give him a chance!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tellystar wrote: »
    He's zany, crazy, hyperactive,witty and a refreshing change from the average game show presenter.
    His TV Burp was fantastic, and no one else could do You've been Framed like he does, original and witty.
    Give him a chance!

Wait till you see Vanessa feltz dressed as a plumber you might change ur mind
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Give him a chance!

He may well have appealed to many on those shows, but SITE is a very different show, it doesn't require crazy, hyperactive or witty... these things will only take the attention away from the contestants, and surely the show is supposed to be about what they do, and not the antics of some pillock who is only supposed to be there to introduce each act.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Give him a chance!

Even YBF lost its novelty soon after, he's constant drab over every video liking them to a celebrity is overdone.

TV Burp was fantastic - at first then he turned it into a pantomime. Then the cheesy weird XF Musical and stupid movie, now ITV have given him a classic to burn.

I get a feeling there will be a lot of angry viewers tomorrow night, that loved SITE the first time around.
  • donovan5donovan5 Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stars was pretty crap anyway,once they stopped having people that actually looked like the stars it basically became a karaoke show,and not always better than the local pub standard either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    donovan5 wrote: »
    Stars was pretty crap anyway,once they stopped having people that actually looked like the stars it basically became a karaoke show,and not always better than the local pub standard either.

It was never meant to be a top notch talent show, it was a bit of fun, guessing who they were going to be, the reaction when they were 'transformed', the first impression to their voice. It is supposed to be gentle entertainment, and it was, I fear that the word 'was' will be even more appropriate after Harry's taken a giant turd all over our screens.
  • ErinnaErinna Posts: 663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really liked Matthew Kelly as the host, he was so kind to the contestants. The clip I saw the contestant was hiding behind a curtain while Harry and co threw buns at each other. Maybe it will be ok.:confused:

Hope I haven't spoiled the surprise for any one. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Erinna wrote: »
    I really liked Matthew Kelly as the host, he was so kind to the contestants. The clip I saw the contestant was hiding behind a curtain while Harry and co threw buns at each other. Maybe it will be ok.

I fear that hoping it will be ok is like giving Farage the keys to #10 and hoping he doesn't burn down the country. I know they are miles apart in importance, but you get the idea I hope... clowns have a purpose, don't ask them to do things they're not trained to do.

Oh, and Matthew was great, it all got taken away with those horrendous allegations.