Ideas for new shows to watch ...

BethanyBBethanyB Posts: 14
Forum Member
I am all caught up on the shows I watch and am looking for some new ideas...

The shows I watch at the moment are:

Criminal Minds
Bones
Person Of Interest
Castle
NCIS
Grimm
Grey's Anatomy

I used to what CSI but not too keep on it these days, tried Scandal, Dexter, Rookie Blue, Game of Thrones, Once Upon a Time and not keen on those ... ideas greatly appreciated ... thank you.

Comments

• deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you have Netflix I would say try the Good Wife based on your viewing habits. I have watched a lot of what you watch and really enjoyed it
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Mentalist
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    I have Netflix so I have watched

BBC/America Orphan Black, series 1 and 2 (Brilliant)
    Fargo
    The Killing
    The Bridge (Swedish TV detective show, brilliant)
    Modern Family
    Mike and Molly
    MOM
    The Big Bang Theory
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't watched it yet, but will get around to it when I've caught up with American horror Story, but everyone seems to be raving about Orange is the New Black.
  • EnricoIVEnricoIV Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Again, if we're talking Netflix, some suggestions that fit in your interests are:

The Glades
    White Collar
    Lie to Me
    Psych
    Law & Order
    Criminal Minds
    Leverage
    Lie to Me
    Numbers
    Burn Notice
    Lost
  • xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Americans
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    EnricoIV wrote: »
    Again, if we're talking Netflix, some suggestions that fit in your interests are:

The Glades
    White Collar
    Lie to Me
    Psych
    Law & Order
    Criminal Minds
    Leverage
    Lie to Me
    Numbers
    Burn Notice
    Lost

Psych is being repeated on ITV 2 during the afternoons starting thursday, if the poster has a PVR/strange working hours.
  • BethanyBBethanyB Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Thanks for all the suggestions - I'm currently living in Spain so don't have access to Netflix anymore, Been watching Stalker over the last few days which I've really liked, and Unforgettable, which although I've persevered with it, has been quite forgettable!

Will check out some of the shows above, hopefully I'll find a few of them worth getting my teeth into.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You would like banshee and it's on season 3 now so you could binge watch them
  • Mairi_CameronMairi_Cameron Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    Try The Blacklist, Murder in the First, slightly different to your list but have you tried The Walking Dead?
  • dont_be_hastydont_be_hasty Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    Here is some more suggestions:

Covert Affairs
    House MD
    Crisis
    House of Cards
    Dallas
  • funnierinmyheadfunnierinmyhead Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    Useful thread. My tastes are similar to the OP's so have gained some suggestions. I also recommend Lie To Me.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Over Xmas and New Year I watched the first two seasons of Covert Affairs on Netflix then found the remaining seasons "elsewhere". S1 is a but ropey in parts, so give it a chance, but it really kicks on from S2 onwards.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would give covert affairs a miss if you want to waste 5 seasons of your life for it to only end on a cliffhanger

I urge you to check out How to get away with Murder, Empire and Jane The virgin. The three best new shows from the current television season. Two of which have been renewed and one that will more than likely be renewed anyway.
  • MissySmithMissySmith Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    Could you use this,to access more shows in Spain?

http://hola.org/
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would give covert affairs a miss if you want to waste 5 seasons of your life for it to only end on a cliffhanger

I urge you to check out How to get away with Murder, Empire and Jane The virgin. The three best new shows from the current television season. Two of which have been renewed and one that will more than likely be renewed anyway.

If you limit yourself to shows that get a proper ending then you'll be left with very few to watch.

How To Get Away With Murder is the most disappointing show of the new season. The pilot was fantastic - as good as I've seen for a long time - but I soon got bored of it and gave up after 5 or 6 episodes.