Options

EE 2-4-1 Wednesday cinema tickets deal ends today (25th Feb)

dave01dave01 Posts: 1,844
Forum Member
✭✭✭
EE/Orange Wednesday is on its last ever day today. Offer has been going for over 10 years but now coming to an end. It has been rumored another company (Compare the Market) may take up the offer in the future, although this is by no means guaranteed. Vue cinemas are also doing their own 2-4-1 Wednesday's deal during March if you want to squeeze a few extra weeks out of it.

Comments

• Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many cinemas didn't partake in it, so unless you lived in a big, populated area, the offer was useless. Hopefully if someone makes a similar offer or resurrects it, they can find a way to make it acceptable to most/all cinemas and let the customers really make use of it. There are/were only 7 cinemas in the entire of Northern Ireland who accepted the offer, and 4 of them are located in Belfast, the other 3 in northern areas, so quite a lot of the population were nowhere near a cinema to be able to avail of the offer, sadly.
  • Options
    ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Cineworld were the best you I could go with my Unlimited Card and my Dad could get an Orange Wednesday ticket free :-) I hope if any new company take it up they keep this quirk.
  • Options
    kirbyreedkirbyreed Posts: 1,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this was honestly the only reason i stayed with ee. i can't wait to change contracts but will miss orange wednesdays.
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    That's disappointing. In my area there is only Vue and Odeon cinemas for miles, so the 2-4-1 deal was useful.
  • Options
    gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    When we went yesterday (like the other user I have an unlimited card and could always take a mate for free on a Wednesday) and there was an advert with Aleksander the Meercat saying something along the lines of watch this space and then Meercat Movies flashing up on screen so I think there will definitely be something replacing it.

I hope it won't be just for Compare The Market customers though :( with orange/ee, we got it with our broadband and prior to them extending it to us, if you didn't have that network you could always ask a mate but this seems a little more limited.