Options

Justin Bieber

Comments

• Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    essyol wrote: »
    a) very talented indeed - just how many boys this age can sing, dance, and play the drums and guitar very competently?

But can he do any two of the above at the same time:confused:
  • Options
    Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnloony wrote: »
    I was slightly surprised to read the amount of vitriol about Justin Bieber in the main X-Factor live programme thread (from page 127 to page 137).

To be successful in the pop industry, it is necessary for the audience to like an act, and for the audience to want to see/hear them again. That is all. That is what sells records (or CDs or i-pod tracks, or whatever people have nowadays).

It is not necessary to be a good singer, although I think JB is quite good.

It is not necessary to be a good dancer, although JB was very good last night and much better than I had realised.

JB is very popular among his target audience (teenage girls and younger) because he's cute. That's why the want to see him and buy his songs.

And why not?
    So what if he's smaller than average?
    So what if his voice hasn't broken yet?
    So what if he was miming?
    He can hardly be expected to do all that energetic dancing and still have enough breath to sing properly, can he?

I'm not a fan of Justin Bieber, but I don't dislike him in any way. I don't really get why so many people have to be so nasty and negative about him all the time. Are they just jealous?

I was also surprised at the number of people who seem not to have heard of him before. He's been really big in the pop world all year long.

The bit in bold, he is a singer and should sing no matter what, Thats he's job, the dancing should be toned down a bit if he can't do both. Because frankly miming and dancing you look like a talentless prick, singing with limited dancing is a thumbs up. I like a bit of Justi Bieber :o but he should be ashamed of him self for that horrifc performance,

GaGa can do It, MichaeL jackson can do it, Justin Timberlake can do it. Even Usher magaed it to some extent.

He is a good singer but that performance has made him a joke. And him bragging about this new acoustic version of the album is to prove to people he can atcully sing, then he mimes on a talent show just makes it worse.

I think i made my point.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnloony wrote: »
    He's not a Peter-Beale-lookalike; he's a Liam-Payne-lookalike....

They all remind me of a young Donald Trump! :eek:
  • Options
    beauty-1beauty-1 Posts: 2,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hated the miming, loved the dancing. Very Michael Jackson in style. Shame he didn't sing live.
  • Options
    johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    He looks even younger than Wand Erection,

That's because he is youner than One Direction. JB is 16, and One Direction are 16 17 17 17 18.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After seeing Beiber in pitiful action and with the success he has - anything could happen - Wagner might become the next Pavarotti or something.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This young lad was entertaining because he is a very good dancer.
    However, he really does need lessons in miming properly.
    He was tossed three times in the air by the other dancers.
    Why do all these miming pop stars do such ridiculous dance moves and then still try to make us believe that they are really singing?
    Nicole was far more convincing. In fact I do believe that she sang live for at least some of her song.
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Ghastly little brat. He looks about twelve!! He mimed through his whole routine but he can dance!! Arrogant little brat in my opinion. The way he flirted with Cheryl was embarrassingly awful! No wonder Dermot called him a "prococious child" i.e. brat!!! Ghastly. He then went on to give an interview on the later programme and talked about God!! These Americans and their constant talk about GOD!!! Dear me, I remember hearing a CD from druggie Whitney Houston and cheating Bobby Brown and it included typical Baptist type songs about God. Hypocrites!! Reminds me when Britney used give interview after interview about being a virgin!!!! AS she produced the most sexual videos possible to accompany her CDs!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Woowho wrote: »
    After seeing Beiber in pitiful action and with the success he has - anything could happen - Wagner might become the next Pavarotti or something.

You are right Woowho. Honestly, you no longer have to sing live, you can hop around a stage accompanied by professional dancers, look pretty and WOW, senation!! New Star!! I just cannot believe that a talent show who insists that the contestants can sing and dance (AT THE SAME TIME!! LOL), learn new songs and routines each week etc allow the so-called established stars to appear and MIME!! What a joke and the viewers accept it!!!:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MrsSpoon wrote: »
    This young lad was entertaining because he is a very good dancer.
    However, he really does need lessons in miming properly.
    He was tossed three times in the air by the other dancers.
    Why do all these miming pop stars do such ridiculous dance moves and then still try to make us believe that they are really singing?
    Nicole was far more convincing. In fact I do believe that she sang live for at least some of her song.

He voice coach was on TV and I vaguely remember part of the interview I think it was on Lorraine and she said she sang LIVE and had the most fantastic voice. Actually I thought the routine was the same as Pussicat Dolls (or whatever her daft group is called) so I did not see any great difference in her performance. Didn't she sing Lead in the group and the girls basically danced behind her, she did that on Sunday night too!!! SO....what is the big deal?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    He even did that 'Call Me' phone thing gesture with his hand too.:o

Repulsive.

It was a joke right ? Please tell me it was a joke ...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is a brilliant dancer, and he can sing very well. His voice is breaking and he is struggling with someone of his older songs.

Plus, I couldn't dance like that AND sing at the same time. Could all of you? No.
  • Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him...

*runs away*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PiperPeach wrote: »
    He is a brilliant dancer, and he can sing very well. His voice is breaking and he is struggling with someone of his older songs.

Plus, I couldn't dance like that AND sing at the same time. Could all of you? No.

Miming on any level dosen't deserve someone standing up for them, its wrong. End of.

He should have put he's singing before he's dancing. He is a good dancer, but he should have toned down his performance so he could sing.

He looked like a prick up there

All these artists that do these high dancing routines are doing it to distract the fact they cant sing.

TUT TUT justin, he should be ashamed of himself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, but Justin Bieber CAN sing, Red Blooded.
    See his YouTube videos before he was discovered.
  • Options
    GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    He was just embarrassingly young.

I feel so old. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PiperPeach wrote: »
    Yeah, but Justin Bieber CAN sing, Red Blooded.
    See his YouTube videos before he was discovered.

Well why didn't he then. I think he preobally can sing but for all those people taking the piss out of him saying hes a talentless little boy just got proved right with that performance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    poor Justin Beiber, everyone picks on her....

;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    the poor girl
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woowho wrote: »

This.

What a total let down he was after all the hype. Average dancing, miming and then the awful interviews with Dermot and Konnie which exposed him as simply a cocky little sh!t. I will not be jumping on the Bieber bandwagon and I am usually a sucker for cute teenage boyish types, Cougar that I am :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    IDC what anyone says, Baby is epic.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, I'm far too old to be his target demographic but I can still usually get what kids see in the latest idol but he leaves me bemused. He's just a bit 'meh' and very over hyped.
  • Options
    kazzykazzy Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Truely awful, and when I asked my 12 year old if she likes him, she shot me a look that could kill!! :) His fan base must be about 8, and I hate all the God stuff!!
  • Options
    johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Ghastly little brat. He looks about twelve!! (1) He mimed through his whole routine but he can dance!! Arrogant little brat in my opinion. The way he flirted with Cheryl was embarrassingly awful! No wonder Dermot called him a "prococious child" i.e. brat!!! Ghastly. He then went on to give an interview on the later programme and talked about God!! These Americans and their constant talk about GOD!!! (2)

1. That's a non-sequitur. Looking younger than he is does not make him a brat.

2. He's not American, he's Canadian.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    A couple of fair points being made among otherwise witless attacks on Justin Bieber, here - yes he could/should have sang (but who does? hardly anyone) on X factor, and yes he appeals to young people (but not all, as Simon Cw would put it, marmite syndrome). But if you judge him by the sheer global scale of his appeal, rising from nowhere in 2 or 3 years to the level of awareness and status that he has among young people then he most definitely has the 'X' factor, whcih is not about having the 'best' voice or the 'best' dancing or playing music the best, it's about something indefinable. And he had that 'indefinable' thing long before Usher got hold of him, as his extraordinary rise via youtube and social media makes clear.