Options

The Big Reunion - ITV2 next Thursday

Comments

• Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bronson wrote: »
    It's obvious they had a sexual relationship with each other.

Is it?:confused:

It's not uncommon for young women to have really close obsessive friendships.
  • Options
    prgirl_cescaprgirl_cesca Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    With Edele and Sinead it is very odd. Edele said they were like an old married couple, shared a room and were very close. Then when Sinead said she didn't want to sign to another label Edele just completely broke down and went off the rails and they became enemies. It's almost like they had a relationship or something. And for it to be so raw still now...you would've thought that after however many years it wouldn't seem so bad?

Although the Steps wounds were still very raw so I suppose time isn't a healer when it comes to a failed pop band!!
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keviness wrote: »
    They drifted because Sinead left the band when Edele wanted them to look for another label in 2002.
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    During the last B*Witched episode, did Edele say that despite being dropped by their label, they considered carrying on because they already had a third album done - but Sinead decided she didn't want to continue and quit, and Edele took that personally because they were so close
    Oh, I thought they split due to Keavy's breakdown!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    more 5ive, time to lol more at Rich's accent
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure they've repeated some of these scenes! :o:confused:
  • Options
    PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Show more Liberty X please!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Edele B*witched is very annoying. Selfish, attention seeking, full of self importance. In light of the obvious grievances that the other members had with her appointed lead singer label, why didn't she give vocal parts away for the concert?? I've looked at the videos online, and its still all her (and her high pitched screechy voice).

The Honeyz did a great job of altering their songs. Finally found for example has Mariama singing the entire second verse when it was Celena who did both verses originally.

You'd think Edel/B*witched would share the vocal responsibilities more since the other girls have already articulated that they want a chance to sing and "Not fall back into old patterns" of being in HER band.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    "If in doubt, always turn left"

Abs - a gift that keeps on giving!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Were Lee and Lindsay once a married couple? They haven't mentioned it much (!)
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    alang4u wrote: »
    "If in doubt, always turn left"

Abs - a gift that keeps on giving!

I laughed at that :D
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    bgtension wrote: »
    Still bitches. That Edele and her sister to a lesser extent look well rough compared to the other 2

Harsh! I think they all look lovely. If people looked exactly the same as they did 10 years ago, I imagine this forum would be full of people debating what work they'd had done. :rolleyes:

Tonight was pretty uncomfortable viewing for a fan, but obviously we know that things are much better now. Here's hoping it continues. :)
  • Options
    applepie2100applepie2100 Posts: 23,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only just watched tonight's episode and it made slightly uncomfortable viewing at times.

It was great to see the 911 guys talking things though and all opening about their daemons and the things that made it all go pear shaped. The shock for me was how frank and uncomfortable things got between the B*witched girls. It seemed pretty clear that they were pretty far from becoming a foursome again and the surprise was Lindsay having changed from the quiet one to being so forthright about how she felt.

Lee and Lindsay both still seem absolute gutted about whatever happened and caused them to break up. Maybe it's just the editing in the programme but things still seem very raw indeed for both of them.

Definately looking forward to next week now.
  • Options
    icefallicefall Posts: 7,709
    Forum Member
    This week felt slightly flat, like as if a lot was missed out :confused: Really looking forward to next week though when all the bands are in one place rehearsing!
  • Options
    barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Managed to catch up with all the episodes and I am enjoying it, though very tired of 5ive popping up everywhere. It might as well be called The 5ive Show plus others because that's what it feels like. I'm only watching the show for B*Witched so I was glad to see a bit more of them tonight, but it's still annoying that these other bands are getting so little screen time compared to 5ive, especially Liberty X.

It was good seeing the B*Witched girls back together, but a bit odd that there's no blonde! Their meeting was a bit uncomfortable. Edele didn't come off very well, especially with Lindsay. I'm sure some of that was down to the way the show has been edited but it was clear that there's a lot of tension between them. Keavy seems like a lovely girl but I think she may take her sister's side when it comes to the band's issues, which I hope doesn't happen. But I can see a divide with the sisters and Sinead and Lindsay.

Does anyone else think that Lindsay looks quite similar to Morena Baccarin at times? Or is it just me? :p
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,923
    Forum Member
    Just seen the repeat of this on ITV2. Wow the B*witched stuff was really unexpected. Although I was a fan (still listen to their album in the car) I didn't know the circumstances of the split. I think I thought they just fizzled out or something. Either way it was something that never really registered :o
    The film came across as Sinead and Lyndsay especially had held a lot of resentment towards Edele, especially in the band years. I remember during their band days always thinking that Edele seemed the 'forceful' one and was probably a bit of a bitch behind the scenes, and it seems from this I wasnt wrong. :eek: What struck me was how put out she came across when Sinead refused to be swayed by her 'tears' over their lost friendship, and also when Lyndsay said how she felt about being the quiet one in the group. Even Keavy seemed to harbour some resentment towards her! I got the impression Edele was surprised she didn't have the same control on them she maybe had back then. The fact she got so reared up with Lyndsay kind of proved her point about Edele always winning arguments. :D
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Edele came off awfully in this episode. I'm glad Lindsay kept her cool when being cut off all the time and then Edele just proved her point completely. Why did Sinead leave before the end of the gathering so it seemed like the Lynch sisters were ganging up on Lindsay. Keavy kept very quiet throughout but it did look like she took what they were saying about Edele personally.
  • Options
    XIVXIV Posts: 21,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if there'll be another series, Im sure there are other 90s/00s groups who would appear, band wise I'm thinking Eternal, Another Level, S Club 7, All Saints to name but a few
  • Options
    heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Were Lee and Lindsay once a married couple? They haven't mentioned it much (!)

They did in a previous episode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jonwo wrote: »
    I wonder if there'll be another series, Im sure there are other 90s/00s groups who would appear, band wise I'm thinking Eternal, Another Level, S Club 7, All Saints to name but a few

after the success of this, i think there will be :)

if The Saturdays flop, S Club Juniors will probably be on it
  • Options
    KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The twins have come off very badly :o I've seen them getting a bit of grief on various forums.

Also someone said they haven't shared the lead vocals for the comeback? They have in the clips posted on YouTube :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Jonwo wrote: »

Be good to see a1 too. All the boys sang well, I thought.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edele didn't come across very well at all. She was quite aggressive during her exchange with Lindsey and seems to have a bit of a chip on her shoulder about the whole Sinead thing. Sinead was quite a bit older than she was and probably just wanted to try other things away from the band, is that really too hard for her to understand?

Never did understand why Edele was lead vocalist. No amount of auto tuning could hide how screechy and whiny her voice was. Having seen this it doesn't surprise me that she was pushed to forefront, she is the sort of person who tramples over everyone to get what they want. A right rent a gob.
  • Options
    gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    This is where ITV ripped off the idea for this show:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bands_Reunited

The only change they've made is to turn it into more of a soap-style teenage bawlfest.
  • Options
    Mart_UKMart_UK Posts: 2,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So much drama between the B*Witched girls, who would've thought it!I I thought Edele was so patronising during her exchange with Lindsay, awkward to watch
    On a more positive note, Keavy did make me smile wondering about in those stilts. And Lindsay's denim storage - no words to describe..

When are we going to see the tour highlights? As next week is the groups rehearsals.
  • Options
    foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed last night's episode! Edele didn't come off well at all...Its very clear, there are still many internal issues in the band. She still seems to think she is spokesperson - doesn't seem to have evolved much in that way, over the years. They are all trying to tell her, they felt like backing singers, she should at least acknowledge that - She was 'talking' over people yesterday!

She is still seems very hurt by Sinead - Not sure why she is still holding on to this. Seems like it was more than a friendship, in her eyes? Very interesting!

Wonder if they will still work as a unit?