Bauer Place changes

Comments

• MusicmasterproxMusicmasterprox Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MSB wrote: »
    "A new chapter is about to begin. Id love you to join me. ❤️"

2 + 2 = ?

Well, there isn't any other station that could offer him big gig besides Heart.

If that's the case - Ewan's contract has not been renewed?

Only problem is - He will be restricted on what he can do/get away with..
  • sonicshadowsonicshadow Posts: 8,384
    Forum Member
    alec1873 wrote: »
    Galloway's Twitter account now makesno mention of the breakfast show! Presume his stint has now ended. Changes on Bauer AM network now beginning. Wonder who will take over in the interim. They should bring back Riddy!
    Agreed.
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MSB wrote: »
    "A new chapter is about to begin. Id love you to join me. ❤️"

2 + 2 = ?

Strangely, that plus the heart shaped island have been deleted. Bauer management not happy I assume.
  • steven cardwellsteven cardwell Posts: 2,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new chapter posting has disappeared on both Facebook and Twitter.
  • david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like Radio Borders slow painful lurch towards it being totally the latest hits station that Forth 1, Clyde 1, Northsound 1, West FM, Tay FM and MFR 1 have always been.

What I find ridiculous is that Forth 1, Clyde 1, Tay FM play the exact same hits at the very same times, albeit with different DJ's where programmes are not networked. If you look at tunein or radioplayer you will see what I mean. It seems like the music is centralised from a machine in Clydebank and played on all the FM stations (well, most of them anyway) at the same time.
  • russellellyrussellelly Posts: 11,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    david16 wrote: »
    I don't like Radio Borders slow painful lurch towards it being totally the latest hits station that Forth 1, Clyde 1, Northsound 1, West FM, Tay FM and MFR 1 have always been.

What I find ridiculous is that Forth 1, Clyde 1, Tay FM play the exact same hits at the very same times, albeit with different DJ's where programmes are not networked. If you look at tunein or radioplayer you will see what I mean. It seems like the music is centralised from a machine in Clydebank and played on all the FM stations (well, most of them anyway) at the same time.

What difference would it make to listeners? People can't listen to two stations at the same time and music tastes presumably don't vary across Scotland in any significant way. Programming one music log must be easier than doing 5 or 6 or however many.
  • Steven OliverSteven Oliver Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What difference would it make to listeners? People can't listen to two stations at the same time and music tastes presumably don't vary across Scotland in any significant way. Programming one music log must be easier than doing 5 or 6 or however many.

The problem with the Bauer stations is that the music log is restricted, it's basically the same songs all day and every day. For example the Bauer FM stations persist in playing 'Ghost' by Ella Henderson despite it being a hit three months ago, and Ella has since released another single, which we don't get to hear because the powers-that-be at Bauer seem to think that all we want to hear is 'Ghost'.
  • 19741974 Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There is quite a difference made if a number of those stations overlap geographically. I'm in north-west England for instance and live within the triangulation of Radio City, Rock FM and Key 103. If you don't like the song they are playing on Radio City but hit the preset only to find them playing the exact same song on Rock FM it's frustrating, and Bauer in turn lose a listener as you shift to a rival station, be it the BBC, or one of the numerous Global or UTV stations.
  • Station IDStation ID Posts: 7,401
    Forum Member
    1974 wrote: »
    There is quite a difference made if a number of those stations overlap geographically. I'm in north-west England for instance and live within the triangulation of Radio City, Rock FM and Key 103. If you don't like the song they are playing on Radio City but hit the preset only to find them playing the exact same song on Rock FM it's frustrating, and Bauer in turn lose a listener as you shift to a rival station, be it the BBC, or one of the numerous Global or UTV stations.

Not really because if you're only in the tsa for one of these stations say Key for arguments sake. When you are lisyening to Rock or City Bauer do not have you as a listener because you can't be counted.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Station ID wrote: »
    Not really because if you're only in the tsa for one of these stations say Key for arguments sake. When you are lisyening to Rock or City Bauer do not have you as a listener because you can't be counted.

I've managed to pick up many radio stations on old analogue radio from outwith the TSA whether at home or on holiday.

It's always a bonus if you can pick up a non TSA station that you actually like.

Radio Tay was more enjoyable to listen to on the FM waveband in the 1990's than Radio Forth RFM and Clyde 1 were.

The Forth Valley must be a major hotspot for picking up non TSA stations.

But Bauer, Global and Capital merging outputs doesn't make picking up stations from outwith the TSA of your local commercial radio station quite so special nowadays compared with the 1970's until the mid 1990's.
  • Station IDStation ID Posts: 7,401
    Forum Member
    I've managed to pick up many radio stations on old analogue radio from outwith the TSA whether at home or on holiday.

It's always a bonus if you can pick up a non TSA station that you actually like.

Radio Tay was more enjoyable to listen to on the FM waveband in the 1990's than Radio Forth RFM and Clyde 1 were.

The Forth Valley must be a major hotspot for picking up non TSA stations.

But Bauer, Global and Capital merging outputs doesn't make picking up stations from outwith the TSA of your local commercial radio station quite so special nowadays compared with the 1970's until the mid 1990's.

Sadly as much fun as listening to out of area stations is or was for us there is nothing in it for the radio station. They gain nothing from you.
  • Black LabelBlack Label Posts: 4,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes that's right. It waould have been unthinkable 20-30 years ago when cities like Glasgow and Edinburgh had burgeoning local pop music scenes and local radio reflected that. Tastes are more homogeonised now but there is an element of chicken and egg there maybe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes that's right. It waould have been unthinkable 20-30 years ago when cities like Glasgow and Edinburgh had burgeoning local pop music scenes and local radio reflected that. Tastes are more homogeonised now but there is an element of chicken and egg there maybe.

But Bauer's slow merge of all FM stations and likewise all AM stations (already all the Scottish AM's have been for a long time now, but there's still local news, local sport, local weather, local travel and local information plus the DJ's mention each individual local station name a number of times during the shows for now anyway) where everything eventually networked from Manchester, then possibly even networks from London further into the future is disturbing.
  • dpbdpb Posts: 12,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More changes on the way - Debbie Mac to take over Old Skool and Anthems on weekdays:

http://www.radiocentre.org/latest-industry-news/debbie-mac-joins-bauer-radios-place-portfolio

Good signing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    dpb wrote: »
    More changes on the way - Debbie Mac to take over Old Skool and Anthems on weekdays:

http://www.radiocentre.org/latest-industry-news/debbie-mac-joins-bauer-radios-place-portfolio

Good signing.

She'll also be doing Greame Park's show at the weekend
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 401
    Forum Member
    gavindowd wrote: »
    She'll also be doing Greame Park's show at the weekend

Going by Radio Today, she's only doing the Monday to Friday edtions of OSA in place of Neil Bentley. Graeme Park retains his slot at the weekend.
  • pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably mean Mon-Fri OSA show's will always be live with Debbie Mac. Often it sounds like Neil Bentley VT's quite a few in advance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    Going by Radio Today, she's only doing the Monday to Friday edtions of OSA in place of Neil Bentley. Graeme Park retains his slot at the weekend.
    Probably mean Mon-Fri OSA show's will always be live with Debbie Mac. Often it sounds like Neil Bentley VT's quite a few in advance.

From RadioToday: "Her new show will be live, replacing the current pre-recorded show, and will also host Saturday evening 6-10pm across the Place 1 network."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gavindowd wrote: »
    From RadioToday: "Her new show will be live, replacing the current pre-recorded show, and will also host Saturday evening 6-10pm across the Place 1 network."

Even more networks from Manchester.
  • Steven OliverSteven Oliver Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even more networks from Manchester.

Saturday 6-10pm already comes from Manchester, though Clyde 1 still takes its own local programme in that slot, and has done since the start of this month. Can't say I'll miss Neil Bentley though, it's obvious to anyone listening in that the weekday OSA show isn't live.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saturday 6-10pm already comes from Manchester, though Clyde 1 still takes its own local programme in that slot, and has done since the start of this month. Can't say I'll miss Neil Bentley though, it's obvious to anyone listening in that the weekday OSA show isn't live.

The 'odd' show is live - as he reads out texts/ twitter messages randomly on the odd show. Although to be fair I have heard once or twice him saying "tweet me #OSAD with a tune for Friday and you will get a mention then". Seems a bit of pot luck!
  • MusicmasterproxMusicmasterprox Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there any reason why they're keeping GBX, instead of axing it?
  • mfrmfr Posts: 5,596
    Forum Member
    MFR's managing director is leaving after 11 years. Perhaps not surprising.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mfr wrote: »
    MFR's managing director is leaving after 11 years. Perhaps not surprising.

I'd take Danny Gallacher back down on Radio Borders! :D However this networking malarky has had a hard habit of getting rid of the old guard anyway.