Lost Girl - Season 5 (Canadian Pace)

Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
Forum Member
✭✭
Following on from: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=75959204#post75959204

Two episodes in, and I'm still debating whether to just drop it. I think it's been a mess for a while now, and not only is it not something that I *must* watch ASAP, it's now actually something I can easily forget was even on :(

And if Kenzi really has left, then that really will swing me closer to just saying "screw it!".

Question regarding episode 2:

How did Bo leave Tartarus? She just vanished, and the next we saw her she was leaving *Valhalla* via the gates?

Comments

• GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can't drop it now, so close to the end.

Last season was such a mess. I'm hoping this is better.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Trying to get through the second episode. This show is so bad now I can't even pay full attention to it while it's on. So promising when it started out as well :(
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not watched this week's yet. I'll get round to it at some point...

I did, however, see an article that said Kenzi has definitely left, which sucks :(
  • JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    Not watched this week's yet. I'll get round to it at some point...

I did, however, see an article that said Kenzi has definitely left, which sucks :(

I thought she was in at least half the episodes this season, sucks if she is not.

Not been able to watch it yet, but seeing some things about season 5 on social media. I struggle to believe that its their final season and they write out the best character (Kenzi) and after all this time, have still not resolved the corner they wrote themselves into back in season one with Dyson's mate issue.

I don't think I will bother with season 5 now, 4 was a mess and it looks like the show is going to end on a low note :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she is in a handful of episodes, but she has officially left the main cast. Which sucks :(
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to like Lost Girl but not, definitely not, Lauren. She got on my nerves. I was on the side of Dyson!
  • HumbuggedHumbugged Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Jenzen wrote: »
    I thought she was in at least half the episodes this season, sucks if she is not.

Not been able to watch it yet, but seeing some things about season 5 on social media. I struggle to believe that its their final season and they write out the best character (Kenzi) and after all this time, have still not resolved the corner they wrote themselves into back in season one with Dyson's mate issue.

I don't think I will bother with season 5 now, 4 was a mess and it looks like the show is going to end on a low note :(

Ksenia wanted to go off and do other stuff same as what KC Collins did .She is on the new season of Orphan Black and in season 2 of Turn.
    Forum Member
    I'm glad for her tbh. She deserves better than what this show has become.
  • Oscar_Oscar_ Posts: 3,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this week's episode was a pretty good one. We are tending to be critical of Lost Girl now because the standard set by the first three seasons was so high that there was nowhere to go but down. In fact the cat episode was an example of how the show is still very colourful, sexy, funny and a feast for the senses. The loss of Kenzi as a regular character is obviously a major blow and it is a shame that we had to lose Hale as well. There do seem to be rather too many storylines and plots going on at present, some of these are inter-woven but others seem unconnected and it does make things a little hard to keep track of. I still say it is one of the best shows of the last few years and will be watching to the end to see how they wrap it all up. As for the Dyson vs Dr Lauren debate I wouldn't want to see Bo settle into a happily-ever-after monogamous relationship with either of them. She is a succubus for heaven's sake so it wouldn't be right for her to do that would it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I finally caught up with the last couple the other night.

Better than I expected, although I wasn't expecting much.

I love Tamsin, but she's no Kenz. Still, her and Bo do work well together.
    Forum Member
    Just when I thought this show couldn't get any worse, they kill Tamsin and bring in Eric Roberts :o>:(

Not sure I can sit through the rest when it comes back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have given up. It is difficult to access the show here in the UK without either paying through the nose or going on a dodgy website. Not worth the hassle.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm seeing it through to the bitter end. Can't be bothered to give up so close to the end of the series.

Although, of course, by the time it returns for the second half of the final season I may well have forgotten about it.
    Forum Member
    Remaining episodes begin on April 17th. The thought of watching them makes me want to cry, but I shall persevere!
    Forum Member
    Back tonight. Like I said above, I'm dreading it, but will stick it out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I'm not expecting anything good from the final batch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/killjoys-season-finale-spoilers-michelle-816593

Interview with Lost Girl creator Michelle Lovretta about her new series Killjoys.

Lost Girl is mentioned in it - I didn't realise that Lovretta wasn't involved anymore.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I realised watching this week's ep that I genuinely had no idea what the hell was going on.

It's not keeping me interested enough to pay attention to the plot, such as it is.

I'm in a 'Smallville' position with the show now. I watched it this far, might as well see it through to the bitter end.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The best bit was when the doc got run over :D

... But then she came back to life :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    The best bit was when the doc got run over :D

... But then she came back to life :(

I don't watch it now but your post really rang a bell with me! It was the doctor who spoiled the whole show for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whereas it's pretty much only the amazing chemistry between Bo and Lauren that keeps me watching.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Each to his/her own!
    Forum Member
    Just catching up with the latest episodes. Eric Roberts isn't as bad as I thought he'd be, but the show itself is absolutely dreadful now. Even Kenzi's return was awful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, even the return of the beloved Kenzi couldn't save it :(

That entire episode was awful. Hell, this entire season (both halves) is awful, as was the one before...
    Forum Member
    Watching episode 13 now. Realised I've skipped episode 12. Oops.