anyone get the feeling lauren isnt coming back

jcotter779jcotter779 Posts: 787
Forum Member
✭✭
just a feeling I got at that ending there! bring back steven to torment the beales.

Comments

• zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do you want a character to be bullied?
  • Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    jcotter779 wrote: »
    just a feeling I got at that ending there! bring back steven to torment the beales.

No he needs fixed because he was completely ruined during his last run.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is on maternity leave as far as we know she will return at some point later in the year or possibly next year, Jacqueline Jossa even said as much, she still has to pay the bills and now with a child to support and life style to maintain, even with the father in the picture, doubt she walk away from it that easily.
  • NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She'll be written back in. If Ben Hardy isn't coming back and they're not intending to re-cast Peter Beale (again) they'll probably have them break up off screen.

Side note, I do wonder how Madeline Duggan would've handled Lauren's character during Jacqueline's stint, had she not been axed.
  • fawltytowers93fawltytowers93 Posts: 1,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She'll be written back in.

I do wonder how Madeline Duggan would've handled Lauren's character during Jacqueline's stint, had she not been axed.

Jacqueline IS Lauren now - most people have forgotten Madeline ever played her. I highly doubt they'd ever recast Lauren. They'll wait for Jac to come back :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's coming back, I don't see why so many people are convinced she isn't. We've been told time and time again that she will be whereas we've been told nothing to suggest she won't. Only today there was an interview with her saying she was gutted to miss out on doing the live episodes and saying she'll have to wait until the 40th. That suggests she's in it for the long haul.
  • dale0693dale0693 Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Jacqueline Jossa once tweet "5 years of my life so crazy" about EastEnders?
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Jcotz, please don't say these things about MyLauren. She's coming back soon. Thanks.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She'll be written back in. If Ben Hardy isn't coming back and they're not intending to re-cast Peter Beale (again) they'll probably have them break up off screen.

Side note, I do wonder how Madeline Duggan would've handled Lauren's character during Jacqueline's stint, had she not been axed.

I wonder the same thing. I don't think Madeline Duggan was a bad actress (I think she's better looking than Jacqueline too, for what it's worth). She still gets work as I've seen her name crop up in a couple of things I've watched (I can't remember what those things were but that's not the fault of Madeline!)
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I definitely got that impression tonight so well done to Jacqueline as that's just how she should have played it - for the character right now it is a permanent exit.

I hope she'll be back - and from what Jac has said about her maternity leave there's no reason to think she won't be - she's turned Lauren into a great character.
  • johnboybetterjohnboybetter Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah she is I am sure, she said somewhere that she was upset she missed the 30th and will have to just settle for being there for the 40th anniversary.
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It depends how she takes to motherhood as there are usually 2 types of mothers.

1) Wants to get back to work as soon as possible

2) Doesnt Want to leave there child and wants to spend every minute with them
  • spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It all depends on what Jac Jossa wants for a career.
    If she wants to have a serious career in acting then it's time to move on.
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dale0693 wrote: »
    Didn't Jacqueline Jossa once tweet "5 years of my life so crazy" about EastEnders?

Yes a strange thing to say if your only leaving your job for a few months. Plus the ending for Peter and Lauren tonight felt very final.
  • fawltytowers93fawltytowers93 Posts: 1,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completely off topic but I find it really cute how Jacqueline Jossa and Madeline Duggan follow each other on Twitter :)
  • ICON111ICON111 Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope so. She's a dreadful character. Her voice and her mannerisms are so irritating.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really can't shake the feeling that this break is going to be longer than we're expecting. I think she'll be back eventually, but I think this may be more than a maternity leave.

I feel like if she was coming back in a few months, they'd have just sent her to live with Tanya. Giving her and Peter a soapy "happy ending" seems weird if in a few short months she's going to be coming back without him.

Have the show or Jacqueline herself actually specificaly said this is maternity leave? It seems like the obvious thing to assume, but I have some doubts. :)
  • spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completely off topic but I find it really cute how Jacqueline Jossa and Madeline Duggan follow each other on Twitter :)

That is nice.:)
  • Heathyheath_Heathyheath_ Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that having just had a baby that Jacqueline will want a regular acting job and come back to Eastenders after a while of enjoying being a mother and honestly Im glad of that, I don't want her to be gone forever. Both of them getting a Julia's theme almost makes me doubt that however.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    jcotter779 wrote: »

She's definitely coming back. Jacqueline has said she wants to come back and DTC wants her back. Peter and Lauren's relationship will obviously turn sour after a few months.
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tw23 wrote: »
    She's definitely coming back. Jacqueline has said she wants to come back and DTC wants her back. Peter and Lauren's relationship will obviously turn sour after a few months.

Would Peter realistically let Lauren take his child away from him though? Or not come back and at least try to talk Lauren round?
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lauren has been one of the biggest characters of the last five years on the show and has enough sway without doubt to come back whenever she likes and stories will be written accordingly
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She could always pop back as a guest
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Slightly off topic but noticed as j jossa departs abi seems to be glammed up a bit slimmer flashing more flesh now.

They also have Laurens mini me in cindy waiting in the wings
  • jcotter779jcotter779 Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but noticed as j jossa departs abi seems to be glammed up a bit slimmer flashing more flesh now.

They also have Laurens mini me in cindy waiting in the wings

going by j jossa's tweets if she is coming back it wont be for a while, @bbceastenders i will miss you