DS Forums

The Joe McElderry Appreciation Thread (Part 10)

Old 26-02-2015, 17:59
MichelleMK
Forum Member

I agree. apart from the fact that he said he was really nervous, I didn't see any nerves. Just him being happy on stage and having fun.

I am loving the new arrangement on The Climb! Wow! those drums.
Matt Billups said on twitter that there were going to be big drums on this tour, and boy, he wasn't lying! It's fabulous.
Proper rock pop show!
I love the fact that there are some beautiful love songs/ballads in the first half following some of the songs that made us love him in the XFactor time, just before the couple of classical numbers.
The second half is so full of energy! I love it. it kind of becomes a bit of a nightclub by the end of the show. And the new Ambitions arrangement is incredible. It's like a new remix on stage!!
Loving it

and just a note on this song, because it always gets me when he sings it:
How We Love... you would hear a pin drop when he sings that song! no matter how big or small the venue is!
Pretty accurate description I'd say! wasn't sure about the new arrangement of the Climb at first I'll admit - but by the 3rd show it grew on me. Really like it rocked up now, very different

Decided I couldn't wait another 2 weeks to hear Hollywood live again, lol, so get the glowsticks ready Sandy, & see you Saturday!!
MichelleMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 27-02-2015, 09:12
SandyPandy74
Forum Member

glowsticks in the bag! put your dancing shoes on!!
SandyPandy74 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 19:41
MichelleMK
Forum Member

glowsticks in the bag! put your dancing shoes on!!
That was funnn!! Thank you for the glowsticks #ChesterfieldTourBuddy!
Glad for Joe's sake he's got a few days off now before his next set of shows - that's a pretty high-energy set, esp in the second half!
Old 02-03-2015, 10:59
SandyPandy74
Forum Member

it was a brilliant show!!
The lighting is fabulous. I love that the audience went: ooooooh! right at the start with the atmospheric tune playing in time with the white lights.

Anyone in the Croydon area on the 7th of May... go and see the show. it's local to Subfrantic Productions who are doing the sound and lighting and they will bring all their gimmicks for that show! not to be missed!! can't wait to see what they have in store for us!

I love this show!
Old 02-03-2015, 21:26
MichelleMK
Forum Member

The lighting is fabulous. I love that the audience went: ooooooh! right at the start with the atmospheric tune playing in time with the white lights.

Anyone in the Croydon area on the 7th of May... go and see the show. it's local to Subfrantic Productions who are doing the sound and lighting and they will bring all their gimmicks for that show! not to be missed!! can't wait to see what they have in store for us!

I love this show!
So wish I was going to that one, know it's going to be brilliant! Ricky and Subfrantic are so talented and I bet they really push the boat out for their local venue. Hard to imagine how the effects could be topped but they keep excelling themselves. And Joe's voice is always sensational - his richer, lower tones on Saturday gave me goosebumps

Btw just seen this fantastic and spot-on review from last week's show in Cheltenham
http://pic.twitter.com/ZebkDLqKDl
Old 03-03-2015, 08:27
MichelleMK
Forum Member

I love this show!
bit like this you mean Sandy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_OWg4vcRtM

The show finish is pretty good too ... I'll admit Ambitions was never my favourite but I like what he's done with it to close the show ... he's got us all practising "mama-say-mama-sa-mama-coosa" ready for the next one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOtkKcINxNA
Old 03-03-2015, 18:11
LancashireLass2
Forum Member

So wish I was going to that one, know it's going to be brilliant! Ricky and Subfrantic are so talented and I bet they really push the boat out for their local venue. Hard to imagine how the effects could be topped but they keep excelling themselves. And Joe's voice is always sensational - his richer, lower tones on Saturday gave me goosebumps

Btw just seen this fantastic and spot-on review from last week's show in Cheltenham
http://pic.twitter.com/ZebkDLqKDl
I wish I was going to that one too and interesting to see what on earth they can do to top what I've already seen. I love this show so much! Brilliant review and definitely spot on. He's having the time of his life and it's wonderful to see.

Autumn dates have today been added to the existing tour dates on Joe's website here :

http://joemcelderryofficial.com/tour-dates/
LancashireLass2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:22
SandyPandy74
Forum Member

And there is a London date!!! North London. it will still take me an hour and a half to get there and back but that's London! it's big. lol
Millfield Theatre in Edmonton N18
so happy!

And it's a saturday! what more could a London girl want?