The one show - Bruce Willis

Comments

• AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is he on Amateur Hour anyway?

2 awful presenters who are even worse interviewers, what do they expect?

I've seen him on Letterman and Ross and he was great.

Says way more about the hosts than Willis
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    drykid wrote: »
    I'm not sure what your point is.... are you saying the presenters should conduct every interview they do day-in day-out as if it's the same interviewee each time regardless? I guess that's one approach, and maybe it works for someone like Simon Amstell, but I don't think either of these two have the charisma to get away with that.

Matts easy going enough but Alex defo likes the interview to go 'by the book', she cant really handle any 'shifts' in interviewee personality. They're everyman presenters, not seasoned interviewers. I could watch Matt strip paint though... (:o)
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,373
    Forum Member
    Decided not to watch this as I had the feeling it would go arse up, glad I did by the sound of it!

Still it could ha e been worse, he could have been in on Friday and be "interviewed" by Chris Evans :eek:
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    drykid wrote: »
    I'm not sure what your point is.... are you saying the presenters should conduct every interview they do day-in day-out as if it's the same interviewee each time regardless? I guess that's one approach, and maybe it works for someone like Simon Amstell, but I don't think either of these two have the charisma to get away with that.

Im talking about the guest.
  • uzzybuzzyuzzybuzzy Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iaindb wrote: »
    If Graham's team managed to sign up Bruce Willis, the programme would be recorded to fit in with Willis' schedule.

Not really...I'm guessing Bruce is only in London today and tomorrow. Jonathan Ross films today, so the studio is being used for that and then he'll probably be doing all the PR interviews tomorrow in his hotel, before he attends the première, so it was either The One Show or Jonathan Ross and he chose The One Show.
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    I seem to remember Willis being on Jonathan Ross a couple of times and being really funny, especially when the phone rang.

I'd be pissed off being on the One Show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Libitina wrote: »
    I saw a bit of this.

Interview fella: So, you've 'saved the world' 12 times in your movies....?

Bruce: No, it was about a dozen times.........

Me:
    Erm........

Yes the interviewer should of said a dozen times. Can't believe he said 12 times.:eek:
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I seem to remember Willis being on Jonathan Ross a couple of times and being really funny, especially when the phone rang.

I'd be pissed off being on the One Show.

Clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuNbE0xdAeI

Seems even more strange now that he isn't on this weeks JR.
  • drykiddrykid Posts: 1,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im talking about the guest.
    But they don't have control over the guest; they're stuck with whoever turns up, in whatever mood they turn up in. Either they can try and work around that or they can just pretend they're conducting a different interview to the one they actually are, which is how it came across tonight.
  • roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,923
    Forum Member
    One of the more cringeworthy TV moments of the year so far.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems like both GN and JR have lucked out not having Willis on their show this week and The One Show comes trailing in behind to show them how it's done! :D

If given the opportunity, i wonder if he would have appeared on Chatty Man if it was still showing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    I saw a bit of this.

Yes, at that stage I thought "what a pratt.!"
    He spoiled the One Show tonight - it was cringeworthy and hard work for Alex and Matt. The guy has a personality of a gnat and ugly to boot! :mad:
  • bgtensionbgtension Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He can be very awkward and withdrawn during interviews.
    It didn't help with them showing him a clip from Moonlighting, given that he hated Cybil Shepherd.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's just rather bemused by the entire experience.. can't really blame him. It's a very odd show especially when they go over the top due to having a 'special guest' on.

He would have been better going on Jonathan Ross instead.

I suppose no one would notice there if he did not say anything.
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maybe he thought it would be a quick interview but it turned out to be a lengthy one:D
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is not good TV, he's coming across as a bit boring. Matt and Alex being star struck isn't helping...

Baker can't interview for toffee and jones actually said this was Thursday when talking about the asteroid stuff, my opinion is that Evans should have done the interview, these two morons were just pig ignorant.

It's not Bruce that was the problem, it was baker/jones and the pointless vt nonsenses.
  • ValerianValerian Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was like pulling teeth :D
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    strewth wrote: »
    I saw a bit of this.

Yes, at that stage I thought "what a pratt.!"
    He spoiled the One Show tonight - it was cringeworthy and hard work for Alex and Matt. The guy has a personality of a gnat and ugly to boot! :mad:

Spoiled the One Show, dear god we are talking about a mediocre magazine show with presenters who would struggle on the CBeebies channel, I noticed that other CBeebies reject Helen Skelton on the show afterwards. Come on BBC no more Blue Peter pratts in prime time let alone on the channel.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,687
    Forum Member
    I'd mumble too if I was on a 3rd rate programme that meant diddly squat to anyone.
    Apart from the millions of people who watch it regularly, you mean? :rolleyes:
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Just saw this thread, I watched it earlier and quite liked him. I thought he was a bit aloof but cool with it. When they showed him the viewers pics he was a bit wtf until the last one:D
    played the harmonica, I liked him and I wouldn't expect him to appear at ease sitting on the One Show sofa chatting with them 2. Loved it when Bruce shot back at Alex 'what are the 4 movies called' or something like that. Fairplay she remembered them all, I think he thought he was going to catch her out there:D
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt & Alex are a little too enthusiastic with A list stars, Bruce was pretty laid back and having a little fun at their expense, Adam Hills was saying later how cool Bruce was even saying nothing at all.

It was a coup for TOS to have him, though for Bruce it guaranteed a lot more viewers than GN or JR can get, also it is an early primetime slot, not Friday/Saturday night when most potential cinema goers would be at the cinema.

There are very few double act chat shows like TOS, Bruce probably wondered who they were, all in all a good interview and well worth watching - Live Free And Die Hard looks pretty good, despite Matt's efforts to give away the ending.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't watch the interview yet. Did Matt or Alex ask for Bruce's opinion about the mating habits of the Mandarin Duck in Northumberland?
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    Apart from the millions of people who watch it regularly, you mean? :rolleyes:

From what little I have seen of this show, for obvious reasons, I would call it the Goon Show but that's an insult to that very funny show of the '50s and '60s.
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,804
    Forum Member
    It was the wrong show for Willis to be on, he should have been properly interviewed and with the right co-guests I think he'd have shone on Graham Norton's show.

However Zoe Tapper in the second part of last night's show was very welcome, she is a stunning woman & very pleasing on the eye:)
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can it be the wrong show for an actor to be on? Actors are simply people who tell stories for a living. Willis is just someone who is promoting a new movie and presumably the One Show viewers are part of that target audience.

There's nothing intrinsically remarkable about most actors - I suspect the only reason Bruce Willis doesn't say much is because he's old enough to know he's not witty or interesting unless there's a script in front of him written by someone else. Which is fine.