Options

EastEnders Carter overload again.

Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
Forum Member
I have got back into EastEnders properly over the past couple of months, but the tiresome carter family seem to be taking over again.
Yes I know this forum adores them, saviours of the show, they r like sooo amazing and so on and so forth. Well not to me !!

I don't mind Linda as a character but frankly I could not care less if they were all axed tomorrow !

What's the fascination ?!

Comments

• Options
    VGKidVGKid Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only started watching the show because of the Carters (mainly Johnny, as his family relationships were almost identical to mine, and I was in the closet at the time), however, since Sharon and Phil's wedding, they are least enjoyable family in EE for me - so much that I only dip in and out now
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can see the annoyance, but with the beales currently on hold, it was bound to be the Carters to steal the limelight again. But Sharon, Kat and Kim are also having their moments as well.
  • Options
    NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mick and Linda are the only good ones.

The likes of Shirley and Nancy etc can go!
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am bored solid with the "where is Dean" story
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think tonight's episode was good - the bickering at the beginning between Linda and Mick was good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the people who think the constant Carter appearances are annoying realise how much more annoying the constant threads about it are.

We get it, alot of people on this forum don't like the Carter's or how much they're used. Others do. Get over it, or stick to one thread. The worst part is that every single one of these threads starts something along the lines of "I know no one else here agrees" even though there's a new thread on it near enough every day.
  • Options
    david_leewarddavid_leeward Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked them when they first appeared, but now getting a bit too much, I also liked Nancy but she's doing my bonce in :)
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Johnny is brilliant
    Nancy is great
    Lee needs a chance
    Tina is great
    Shirley is great for a while the. Goes stale
    Stan is played brilliantly
    Dean is intriguing and brilliantly acted

Babe, slyvie I wouldn't mind if they left

Linda... Horrible character but brilliant actress begun to warm to her some scenes but only to be put of her again soon after

Mick - can't stand him. Far too up Linda's arse. Horrible
    Father towards Nancy, selfish, kids always come after Linda And hasn't done Nancy's epilepsy any favours with brushing her off. Also makes his kids drop their plans and social life for him and Linda (lee tonight, johnny, lee AND Whitney last year)

Elaine - was ok but beginning to become intolerable imo with how she was with Nancy last night
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Lulz77 wrote: »
    I don't think the people who think the constant Carter appearances are annoying realise how much more annoying the constant threads about it are.

We get it, alot of people on this forum don't like the Carter's or how much they're used. Others do. Get over it, or stick to one thread. The worst part is that every single one of these threads starts something along the lines of "I know no one else here agrees" even though there's a new thread on it near enough every day.

The mods can merge all these anti carter threads then .
    I do not visit the soap forum enough to notice them and have in fact never seen one myself nor have I seen much negativity . I have only seen nauseating love ins about the carter family . so there :p
  • Options
    Seymour ButtsSeymour Butts Posts: 3,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind them so much in their own storylines its when Mick and Linda get shoehorned into other people's storylines that annoys me. The way Mick was involved with Ian and Rainie and Alfie setting fire to his house and the way it looks like Linda is now going to be involved with Kat despite them having no previous interaction
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Carters are here to stay so get used to the idea
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I love Shirley, Stan, Babe and Nancy and I like Tina. Lee is ok. I am fed up of Linda and Mick's overexposure, Mick's angry face and Linda's worried face, constantly. Haven't warmed to Elaine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Carters are here to stay so get used to the idea

Hopefully Johnny returns and Nancy disowns mick and eventually he gets killed off when Danny decides to film a movie. Linda although a horrible character works well in the vic though but she is like kat stated stuck up on a high horse and she's always cam across that way since her first appearance.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I don't mind them so much in their own storylines its when Mick and Linda get shoehorned into other people's storylines that annoys me. The way Mick was involved with Ian and Rainie and Alfie setting fire to his house and the way it looks like Linda is now going to be involved with Kat despite them having no previous interaction

Agreed. They seem to be the only two Carters who are involved in stories where there is no connection and no need for them.
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're really scraping the barrel now trying to give them somethkng to do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully Johnny returns and Nancy disowns mick and eventually he gets killed off when Danny decides to film a movie. Linda although a horrible character works well in the vic though but she is like kat stated stuck up on a high horse and she's always cam across that way since her first appearance.

Danny is done with movies and is with EE for good
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danny is done with movies and is with EE for good

Really? Has he actually said this? That means he's probably going to force tptb to shoehorn him into every storyline and give him most the screen time. It's killed his character as the perfect father and family man. He's now just a father when he wants to be and after Linda.

His only thoughts now are:
    Linda, Linda, Dean, Linda, linda, Dean

Whereas the beginning was:
    Shirley, Johnny, Linda, Nancy, Johnny, Shirley, Tina, lady di
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? Has he actually said this? That means he's probably going to force tptb to shoehorn him into every storyline and give him most the screen time. It's killed his character as the perfect father and family man. He's now just a father when he wants to be and after Linda.

His only thoughts now are:
    Linda, Linda, Dean, Linda, linda, Dean

Whereas the beginning was:
    Shirley, Johnny, Linda, Nancy, Johnny, Shirley, Tina, lady di

He said in a interview he struggled with get different roles and would of gone in Celebrity Big Brother had EE not offered him the role
  • Options
    ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,166
    Forum Member
    Lulz77 wrote: »

I would suggest that you stop reading these threads if they annoy you so much, no one forces you to read them, just scroll past and comment on a thread that actually interests you.

I, for one, agree with the OP, the Carters are boring and taking over the show. Like the OP, I wouldn't lose a night's sleep if they were all axed tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ~Twinkle~ wrote: »
    I would suggest that you stop reading these threads if they annoy you so much, no one forces you to read them, just scroll past and comment on a thread that actually interests you.

I, for one, agree with the OP, the Carters are boring and taking over the show. Like the OP, I wouldn't lose a night's sleep if they were all axed tomorrow.

I agree. Also threads of a certain topic get lost with all them them posted.
    It's like 5 new pages of threads a day (as a maximum) and should a thread be left only will the thread starter be able to find it easily unless someone else remembers clearly who started the thread from a week ago or months ago.

I wish the "carters" we're just refered to as mick and Linda for these threads.
  • Options
    fadedfaded Posts: 2,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this 'carter overload' is fast becoming an internet myth. DTC has done very well in the last year to give most characters a decent storyline or some kind of development. Also let's not forget that the biggest storyline of the last year the Carter's had next to no involvement (apart from Lee, slightly)
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    I like the Carters including Mick and Linda. I don't like the "where's Dean, is he dead or alive" storyline as things like that just irritate me. I don't look forward to finding out, I just find it frustrating as it's going to go on too long by the looks of things. There are other characters who get too much screen time too especially Sharon who has been shoved into episodes about other people and is appearing way too much.:( I can see if you're not a Carter fan it's annoying if they appear too much as that's how I feel about Sharon Mitchell. I'm enjoying the Kim storyline. She used to bug the life out of me when she was supposed to be funny but now she's serious and has Pearl I've liked her. She and Denise are working better together. I'm looking forward to seeing them with Vincent. :)
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    I like the Carters including Mick and Linda. I don't like the "where's Dean, is he dead or alive" storyline as things like that just irritate me. I don't look forward to finding out, I just find it frustrating as it's going to go on too long by the looks of things. There are other characters who get too much screen time too especially Sharon who has been shoved into episodes about other people and is appearing way too much.:( I can see if you're not a Carter fan it's annoying if they appear too much as that's how I feel about Sharon Mitchell. I'm enjoying the Kim storyline. She used to bug the life out of me when she was supposed to be funny but now she's serious and has Pearl I've liked her. She and Denise are working better together. I'm looking forward to seeing them with Vincent. :)

I must admit it's Sharon that's getting on my pip now. She crops up in every family. Cottons, Carters, Beales, Brannings and Mitchells...none of them can get through the day without her pearls of wisdom. And all while hunting down her 'real' dad, running two bars, looking after her invisible son and wondering where her husband has buggered off to.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Carters hardly appearing next week.
  • Options
    AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    I must admit it's Sharon that's getting on my pip now. She crops up in every family. Cottons, Carters, Beales, Brannings and Mitchells...none of them can get through the day without her pearls of wisdom. And all while hunting down her 'real' dad, running two bars, looking after her invisible son and wondering where her husband has buggered off to.

Now? You and Pink Smurf talk about all the time in a negative light? That didn't happen overnight even before she came back you admitted you didn't like her. So its not now it was always
    But to be fair at least you aren't obsessed with her like 2 are who come on and bring her up in every thread to slag her off even when the thread has nothing to do with her.