Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• smelly jemsmelly jem Posts: 1,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I live around the corner from both Lee Hurst and Ian Mckellen , they both come across as very nice.

I see Lee Hurst a lot when I'm doing the school run and my two year old girl always says hello to his dog , he smiles and says hello. He's always stopping to talk to people while he's out jogging too. Nice bloke.

When I was walking back from my son's school in very windy weather around 2 years ago I felt something hit the back of my head. I turn round and see a hat stuck in the railings behind me , I look across the road and Ian mckellen is standing there apologising and asking if I'm okay! I handed him his hat back and he said sorry again and thanks for handing his hat over. I was too busy laughing at the weirdness of the situation and just about managed to say 'oh don't worry about it':) Was a funny morning!
  • spider9spider9 Posts: 4,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Met Celeb chefs Nick Nairn and Clarissa Dickson Wright. Nairn was a total prat, rude, arrogant and right up himself, he seemed to be suffering from amnesia as he kept asking "Do you know who I am?"

Clarissa Dickson Wright was the total opposite, friendly, funny and had time for everyone. She was only supposed to be at a farmer's market for a short time but ended up spending ages chatting to everyone. I was impressed by the fact that she refused to take any freebies from the market holders - she insisted on paying for everything.

Also met Ricky Ross from Deacon Blue and author Ian Rankin. Both nice.

And finally I had this conversation with Bobby Charlton

BC: Excuse me, can you tell me where the toilets are?
    Me: Down the corridor, last door on the left.
    BC: Thank you.

I had a similar conversation with Jerry Springer at baggage reclaim at Heathrow. :)

JS: Is this for the New York flight?
    Me: Yes
    JS: Thank you

A group of young blokes standing behind started chanting "Jerry, Jerry" and he turned round and gave them a smile.

Ben Elton was very friendly and chatty.

Kate Winslet came into the bank I used to work for a mortgage many years ago. She had just been cast in Sense and Sensibility and all the guys in the office were drooling over her. She was very sweet.

Clive Anderson was also a customer and complained a lot.

Will Young once walked past, very close to me. He needed a shower. :(
  • DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've met

The late 'Ronnie Barker', who was a lovely man

'George A Romero' (cult film director/father of the zombie movie).....very charming, and friendly

that's all really.....but i do have a bit of insider goss. My friend until recently had to work with Mcfly and according to him

Tom= prick

Dougie= Really cool guy
  • Serenity79Serenity79 Posts: 1,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was at a Dr Who convention a couple of days ago where I met Gareth David Lloyd and Chipo Chung who were both lovely, but I really want to give a special mention to Paul Marc Davis, who as well as being in all three Whoniverse shows was also the Ghost of the Cavalier in the first Harry Potter film. He is quite literally the nicest celebrity I have ever met. After all the 'official' stuff was done he wanted to hang out with everyone on a casual basis and have a few drinks, and when we had to leave to catch the last bus he tried to talk us into staying! :D He was LOVELY.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    john inman a few years back at a backstage party was a complete shite to everyone! recall he wore a scarf and sunglasses...

su pollard at same party - pi**ed at a c*** but actually quite lovely.
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bob from Emmerdale lives down the road from me, he's a nice chap. Does he count?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've met loads of famous people; mostly racing drivers though.

Good:

Carol Vorderman - friendly and posed for photos.

Dannii Minogue - very warm, friendly and happy to give autographs and pose for photos.

Sir Richard Branson - again, very friendly, chatty, loved the attention.

Leo Sayer - a great guy, a real laugh and very chirpy and chatty.

George Osbourne - shook hands, spoke to him briefly.

John Prescott - loud but friendly in tone.

John Barnes - very nice and friendly, signed autographs etc.

Gordon Ramsey - in a rush but signed a few autographs and apologised that he had to dash off.

David Ginola - charming

Michael Carrick - was nice to me, called me 'mate' and signed for me.

Alpay Özalan - I was serving him in M&S when on work-experience. I asked if he'd sign a scrap of paper for me and he said "I bring you picture later." I spent the rest of the afternoon waiting and hoping he'd come back but he didn't.
    The next day when I came in one of my colleagues presented me with a signed picture that apparently his wife had brought in the previous evening. :eek:

Bad:

Murray Walker - very bigheaded and arrogant. Frequently ignores fans. Not impressed at all.

Racing Drivers (past and present):

I've met most past and present F1 drivers on multiple occasions, so rather than mention them all I'll focus on some of the more prominent names.

Good:

Lewis Hamilton - don't like him as a driver but a very good person to fans.

Sir Jackie Stewart / Sir Stirling Moss / Nigel Mansell / Sir Jack Brabham / Martin Brundle / Mark Blundell - all good to fans.

Bad:

Kimi Raikkonen - idiot, very rude.
    Damon Hill - extremely moody.
    Robert Kubica - miserable git.

Any other drivers you'd like to know about then just ask. :D
  • yagyag Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice:
    The Chuckle Brothers
    Robert Webb
    Mario and Lisa from BB

Not Nice:
    Coleen Nolan
    David Mitchell
    Agyness Deyn (hated her in the first place anyway)

In reality, you were looking for an excuse to back up your prejudice.
    Why did you hate her before you met her?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Racing Drivers (past and present):

I've met most past and present F1 drivers on multiple occasions, so rather than mention them all I'll focus on some of the more prominent names.

Good:

Lewis Hamilton - don't like him as a driver but a very good person to fans.

Sir Jackie Stewart / Sir Stirling Moss / Nigel Mansell / Sir Jack Brabham / Martin Brundle / Mark Blundell - all good to fans.

Bad:

Kimi Raikkonen - idiot, very rude.
    Damon Hill - extremely moody.
    Robert Kubica - miserable git.

Any other drivers you'd like to know about then just ask. :D

I'm sad to hear that Kimi was rude, though he doesn't exactly paint himself in glory any time he is interviewed.

Have you met good ol' DC?
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    john inman a few years back at a backstage party was a complete shite to everyone! recall he wore a scarf and sunglasses...

su pollard at same party - pi**ed at a c*** but actually quite lovely.
    John Inman was a sh!t? I'm devastated, I thought he'd be sweet and charming, just like his character on Are You Being Served. Huh.:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    Sam Fox - Silly cow came into Jane Norman who i used to work for and bought a stackful of tarty clothes like hotpants etc and she reeked of perfume, her gf was with her who was also rude. She kinda treated her gf like a slave, she paid by card but her gf was holding her purse, put her pin in for her, carried all the stuff. She was just moaning a lot about how crap this area was i worked in and how surprised she was that there was a JN. Also kept bugging my manager to open changing rooms for her as ours were closed but it was in a debenhams and there was literlaly another one like 2 feet away.

Shaun Murphy - Hub met him and they played a game of snooker together and chatted. He also signed a whole set of snooker balls and a pic for hubby and let people take lots of pics very nice man.

Jay (EE) - nice kid, he lives near me. I never stop to chat to him as his on his way to work by the looks of it and i'd just feel rude but other people stop to chat and his very polite and talkative.

Jess (the real hustle) not so well known at the time as it was in its first series, saw her at Bank station in london. Just seemed very normal and blended in well. Didn't have much make up on so i don't think many recognised her but she was still a pretty girl, she looked quite approachable.

Mike McClean - his pretty much a z lister if not worse, has done richard and judy and was a kids tv presenter on nick years ago. Utter tosser, walks around with his nose in the air, tried to push in front of three people at the station i worked in the ticket office and i shoued down mic theres a queue! He walked out the station lol.
  • alisonrose3764alisonrose3764 Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been lucky to have jobs where I have had to meet loads of celebs - off the top of my head....................

Simon Le Bon - arse - so precious
    Paul Young - bloody lovely bloke - nicked my **** though :)
    Geroge Michael - intense but nice - especially the 3rd time I met him - made a real effort as he was tipped off that I was a massive fan.
    Jason Donovan - really nice - he was only just about to make it big in music and he was so nervous to meet people!
    Cliff Richard - not a fan it has to be said but he was a really nice bloke - asked lots of questions about you - that does not happen often with celebs.
    Shane Ritchie - lovely - worked really hard and was very down to earth.
    Sir Roger Moore - a total gent in everyway
    John Barrowman - the NICEST man ever - what you see is what you get - that energy is totally real!
    Duncan from Blue - very nice chap - humble and down to earth.
    Glen Hoddle - gorgeous and a very nice chap - great thighs - and he wore these rather lovely navy blue cords once and looked delicous - have to fan myself as I type!
    John Gregory - manager of Aston Villa at the time - lovely!
    David Beckham - just as he was turning into a brand - very nice chap - very family orientated and totally smitten with Posh.
    All the Spice Girls - I rather liked Posh, Emma was very natural - the others were ok.
    Barry Manilow - bit strange!
    Bruce Hornsby - very funny - happy to play the piano all night whilst I was doing karoke - it was painful!
    Spandau Ballet - all a great laugh
    Andrew Ridgley - without a doubt the most carefree bloke ever - liked a drink and was very funny.

Can't think of anymore right now - will have a think!
    I'm lucky most of my meets have been jolly!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've met a good few of the Torchwood cast. They're all lovely. John Barrowman is hilarious and makes an effort with everyone. And I can't say enough good things about Eve Myles, Kai Owen, Burn Gorman, Gareth David-Lloyd and Naoko Mori. They're all so down to earth. Not one ego in sight.

Brian Dowling (he who won Big Brother 2) is a tosser. I served him in a bar, and he didn't even acknowledge me. His friends had to give me his drink order.

Anthony Costa from Blue was equally as bad. Met him in Ayia Napa and found him rude and arrogant.

Otoh, Brendan Courtney was an absolute sweetheart and told me I was very pretty. :D

Irish Thomas from Big Brother 1 and Ray Shah from Big Brother 5 (I think) were both lovely as well.

Most of the other 'celebs' I've met have been Irish.
  • realwalesrealwales Posts: 3,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I'd bump up this thread because there are always people having new experiences.
    I haven't mentioned before my experience with Sky's cricket commentary team:

David 'Bumble' Lloyd- Exactly as he comes across on TV. Funny, enthusiastic, doesn't take himself too seriously. Will make time for people when he can.

Sir Ian Botham- Larger than life- his arrogance can be mistaken for rudeness but he's OK if you make allowances for that.

Bob Willis- Comes across as miserable on TV but actually has a very dry sense of humour, which you'll miss if you're not careful. I actually quite like him.

The only one I really dislike is Charles Colville, who I found to be a very rude man and quite unpleasant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    marvola45 wrote: »
    I've met a good few of the Torchwood cast. They're all lovely. John Barrowman is hilarious and makes an effort with everyone. And I can't say enough good things about Eve Myles, Kai Owen, Burn Gorman, Gareth David-Lloyd and Naoko Mori. They're all so down to earth. Not one ego in sight.

Brian Dowling (he who won Big Brother 2) is a tosser. I served him in a bar, and he didn't even acknowledge me. His friends had to give me his drink order.

Anthony Costa from Blue was equally as bad. Met him in Ayia Napa and found him rude and arrogant.

Otoh, Brendan Courtney was an absolute sweetheart and told me I was very pretty. :D

Irish Thomas from Big Brother 1 and Ray Shah from Big Brother 5 (I think) were both lovely as well.

Most of the other 'celebs' I've met have been Irish.

I met John Barrowman recently and he was lovely. Interestingly I also met Anthony Costa a few months ago and he was lovely too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    Met Cannon & Ball - Tommy was quite reserved but Bobby happily signed photos & chatted.

Kevin Owen - who was a newsreader on Sky a few years back.
    I used to really fancy him & couldn't believe it when he turned up in my high street to open a new shop. As I waited nervously for his autograph he said ' it's ok; I don't bite' - & I'm thinking 'shame'!!

My brother met Dec in Antigua years ago. He said he was really nice - he'd been sunbathing & burnt his feet & couldn't walk as a result! He was happy enough though according to bro!
  • WryipWryip Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    realwales wrote: »
    Bob Willis- Comes across as miserable on TV but actually has a very dry sense of humour, which you'll miss if you're not careful. I actually quite like him.

Once sat opposite to him on a tram in Melbourne and found him really pleasant. Also got to go in C4 commentary box at Headingly during 2001 ashes and met Charlie Nicholas, Richie Benaue (sp?) and the West Indian Commentator who were all rwally nice and pleasent and were happy to talk, I seem to remember it had been raining all day. Also saw Justin Langer the same year in sitting in the Rugby part of Headingley during the time he was not being regularly picked. Sat chatting to him for ages and was a genuinely great person, I was only 10 at the time though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Barrowman: He came to the store I work at and spent a lot of money. Very nice approachable guy and genuinely funny. Was absolutely lovely to all the staff and was only to happy to sign stuff for anyone who asked. Top bloke.

Orlando Bloom: Met him in a coffee shop completely by accident. I didn't actually realise it was him at first and had a random conversation. Very sweet and friendly and he's even more gorgeous up close.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    John Inman was a sh!t? I'm devastated, I thought he'd be sweet and charming, just like his character on Are You Being Served. Huh.:(

I've met John Inman a number of times and he was always charming.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been lucky to have jobs where I have had to meet loads of celebs - off the top of my head....................

Simon Le Bon - arse - so precious
    Paul Young - bloody lovely bloke - nicked my **** though :)
    Geroge Michael - intense but nice - especially the 3rd time I met him - made a real effort as he was tipped off that I was a massive fan.
    Jason Donovan - really nice - he was only just about to make it big in music and he was so nervous to meet people!
    Cliff Richard - not a fan it has to be said but he was a really nice bloke - asked lots of questions about you - that does not happen often with celebs.
    Shane Ritchie - lovely - worked really hard and was very down to earth.
    Sir Roger Moore - a total gent in everyway
    John Barrowman - the NICEST man ever - what you see is what you get - that energy is totally real!
    Duncan from Blue - very nice chap - humble and down to earth.
    Glen Hoddle - gorgeous and a very nice chap - great thighs - and he wore these rather lovely navy blue cords once and looked delicous - have to fan myself as I type!
    John Gregory - manager of Aston Villa at the time - lovely!
    David Beckham - just as he was turning into a brand - very nice chap - very family orientated and totally smitten with Posh.
    All the Spice Girls - I rather liked Posh, Emma was very natural - the others were ok.
    Barry Manilow - bit strange!
    Bruce Hornsby - very funny - happy to play the piano all night whilst I was doing karoke - it was painful!
    Spandau Ballet - all a great laugh
    Andrew Ridgley - without a doubt the most carefree bloke ever - liked a drink and was very funny.

Can't think of anymore right now - will have a think!
    I'm lucky most of my meets have been jolly!

Jason Donovan's still lovely. I've met him loads of times and he is always so nice. He must have brilliant eyesight as well since he can always tell you where you were sitting in the theatre if you aren't on the front row but were in the front few rows.

I've met Andrew Ridgeley a few times as well. I met him once at Brands Hatch when he was driving F3 cars and I had some photos I'd taken of him which I took in case I got the chance to ask him to sign them. It was a really windy day and they literally blew out of my hand. Before I could chase after them he dashed off and collected them up for me before signing them.
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    realwales wrote: »
    Talking of politicians, I've seen Welsh First Minister in a supermarket, and scruffily dressed at a cricket match in recent years. He has a high profile in Wales but leads a remarkably normal life. That said, I disagree with him about pretty much everything.

i was on a flight from amsterdam to cardiff a few years ago. He was not well groomed..but i think that he is the type of person who could spend a fortune scrubbing up and never look done! His briefcase was in a better state than him:D

a few people fussing over him...he was 2 seats in front and just sat reading a newspaper.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pixie Lott is absolutely lovely ( shes a friend)

Jack Tweed, if you can call him a celebrity, is an absolute P***k

Kara Tointon is awful

Charlie Clements (Bradley in EE) is nice

Gary Barlow was lovely
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh and John Terry and Frank Lampard are lovely! My young cousin has been seriously ill and they were both happy to visit him in hospital, sign things for him etc.... top blokes in my opinion
  • HayleyXDHayleyXD Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pixie Lott is absolutely lovely ( shes a friend)

Jack Tweed, if you can call him a celebrity, is an absolute P***k

Kara Tointon is awful

Charlie Clements (Bradley in EE) is nice

Gary Barlow was lovely

The word 'biased' springs to mind.:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HayleyXD wrote: »
    The word 'biased' springs to mind.:rolleyes:

haha i suppose! I wouldnt be friends with her if she wasnt nice though!