Options

Eastenders - Nagging Linda

2»

Comments

• Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re Kit Kat post (having trouble quoting)

I think like most in real life they would have to claim top up benefits, i.e tax credits and housing benefit.

It would of course be more realistic for them to sit it out and save, but plenty of people have taken the leap before to move, I think more then anything for Whitney it is Linda's overbearing nature that is wanting her to move, if she like this now how will she be when the baby arrives (if the actress is not still on maternity leave)

It not good for a first time mother to have another trying to overtake and dictate to them and this will likely happen with Linda, despite Linda probably not realising she doing it, I think Whitney is seeing warning signs already.

As you said why it coming from a place of love and protectiveness it's also coming from a selfish point as the thought of her family leaving and starting their own life and her having no control in that is what is pushing her to guilt trip them and act this way, Mick and Linda likely could of scrapped together the deposit if they wanted too..
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    I bet that even if Jonny passes his Law degree and gets Articled so he is earning a decent wage, Linda will still have the face ache when he wants to move out. They'll be some reason that she thinks he shouldn't do it, that it for 'his best' that he stay tied to her apron strings.

She is just that type of woman.

I'm not saying that as a criticism necessarily - a lot of people do have an inset fear of their children flying the nest and see them not wanting to be near them as a type of failure (if they loved me, they'd want to stay mentality) and Everything we've seen of Linda from the start indicates she she falls into this group.

Other would consider themselves to have failed as parents if their children didn't want, and weren't able to stand on their own two feet almost as soon as they have reached adulthood and whilst still loving them and wanting to see them, want more of their own life and space back.

For many, the prospect of having their child and grandchild over the road, so able to see them whenever they wanted to but not be under their feet would be their ideal set up.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I wonder how much this s to do with Whitney and not Lee. From the moment she clapped eyes on her she was taken with her. I always felt that she saw her as the daughter she never had....a complete contrast to Nancy. I remember her wanting Johnny to marry her despite his young age. Lee has lived away from home before, Nancy lived with her boyfriend when they first arrived and she did relent pretty easily over Johnny. Yet the thought of losing Whitney is making her panic.