Options

Pin stripe line

Recently seen two samsung 42" plasmas each with a single thin pin stripe line on them, one vertical and one horizontal. The sets aren't very old models but can't see how the fault would be fixed. Would they be classed as not fit for purpose or am i just dreaming!!
Cheers

Comments

• Options
    ProDaveProDave Posts: 11,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Normally, a stuck single pixel line is a fault within the display.

I tried fixing one once, and concluded it was a connection problem with one of the very fine connecting cables within the display and found no permanent solution.

A lot of people with this sort of fault within a few years manage to get a free repair or refund under the sale of goods act as "not fit for purpose" as the display should last a lot longer.
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,515
    Forum Member
    stylzz wrote: »
    Recently seen two samsung 42" plasmas each with a single thin pin stripe line on them, one vertical and one horizontal. The sets aren't very old models but can't see how the fault would be fixed. Would they be classed as not fit for purpose or am i just dreaming!!
    Cheers

A single line like that is a duff plasma panel, and not worth repairing - assuming a new panel is even available.

You could certainly try under the SOGA, but it depends on how old it is, and how the judge feels?. At best you're likely to get a contribution toards the costs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    Cheers to both of you for the help and advice.