Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    looking forward to this.
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    I really can't work out why they cover over the Apple logo on all the computers on show, yet continually refer to the iphone! Also Penny's pink Dell isn't covered up nor Sheldon's Alienware laptop.

There seems to be no logic to it, they even had a whole episode dedicated to Siri for example.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Penny should have kept the uniform, last night.;-)

Yoda or Yoga - Yoga every time, with Penny.:cool:
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    That was the best episode of the season by far. Possibly the best episode for several seasons.

Some proper lol moments which hasn't happed for a while.
  • Options
    culttvfanculttvfan Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Resurrecting the Penny and Leonard on/off snorefest is so lazy, and obviously not helped as they're the 2 worst actors (OK, some here may argue about using the word actors, but just for convenience).
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show really seems to be struggling to fill episode time now. Goodness knows how they're going to pad out the next three seasons. It's not looking good.

I suspect a baby will makes its entrance in the next year.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    That was the best episode of the season by far. Possibly the best episode for several seasons.

Some proper lol moments which hasn't happed for a while.
    For me, The Thanksgiving one was the best.:cool:
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    The show really seems to be struggling to fill episode time now. Goodness knows how they're going to pad out the next three seasons. It's not looking good.

That could depend on Kaley's personal life of course.
  • Options
    incy wincyincy wincy Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »

If they have to do the baby thing, I think they should avoid a Penny/Lenny baby and go for a Shamy one. IVF of course, the only way Sheldon would consider it. Just because it would be less expected than a Penny pregnancy. And it would be more amusing to see Sheldon parent a child. Though I suppose it would be Leonard's mother, take two.
  • Options
    ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,247
    Forum Member
    I'll stop watching if they do. :(
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »

The show needs a serious shake-up. Sticking them all in relationships has killed it in my view.

I would suggest getting rid of someone, like Bernadette would help, but that isn't going to happen.

I just find it dull now, most of the scenes now seem to be in the apartments or the canteen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree that it needs a shake up but i'm not sure how because the two females are now part of the main cast so it would mean losing a cast member if they change things.

Penny and Leonard breaking up is nothing new.

Not a stretch to see Amy break up with Sheldon.
    Possible that Howard could have an affair and split with Bernadette.

I know Bernadette and Amy are now a group of friends with Penny but why would they need to be main cast members if they weren't involved with Howard or Sheldon?
  • Options
    The WulfrunianThe Wulfrunian Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually think the show would lose something if they got rid of the Amy character. She's definitely one of the highlights from the later seasons for me.

But I still enjoy it anyway. Might not hit the heights of the first couple of seasons but it would be seriously repetitive if they had stuck with the original four.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »

If they want to avoid being predictable they could give the baby to someone else.
  • Options
    looby383xlooby383x Posts: 3,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually think the show would lose something if they got rid of the Amy character. She's definitely one of the highlights from the later seasons for me.

But I still enjoy it anyway. Might not hit the heights of the first couple of seasons but it would be seriously repetitive if they had stuck with the original four.
    Yes, I think to keep Amy. If it were me, I would get rid of Bernadette. Not because I don't like her character - I do, but I think that she brings Howared down and a good move would be to take him back a stage ( to being single again)and build his relationship with Raj again.
  • Options
    3iff3iff Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    I agree. Bernadette was fine at the start but she's now too shrill and whiny. I wonder if she might catch some horrible disease from her workplace? Is that too cruel?
  • Options
    ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,247
    Forum Member
    The point is that Benadette has taken the place of Mrs Wolowitz in Howard's life. If she was to leave he would have to move back in with his mom.
  • Options
    Lucy Van PeltLucy Van Pelt Posts: 11,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amy should have an affair with Kripke
  • Options
    Lucy Van PeltLucy Van Pelt Posts: 11,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joel's dad wrote: »
    Jim parsons plays himself pretty much. With a touch more quirky.

He has no interest in sci-fi and physics in real life and is in a long term gay relationship

how can that be playing himself? He is nothing like Sheldon
  • Options
    Forum Member
    3iff wrote: »
    I agree. Bernadette was fine at the start but she's now too shrill and whiny. I wonder if she might catch some horrible disease from her workplace? Is that too cruel?
    Sounds good to me ;)
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Bernadatte but she has put the brake on Howard's comic potential. His role as a sad, self-deluding sleazebag and mummy's boy has been completely negated and his current role as hen-pecked husband isn't nearly as funny.

Amy is a better foil for Sheldon but if she ever has her evil way with him, I'll stop watching!
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whilst I still enjoy watching BBT I did prefer it way back at the start when it was just the 4 boys and Penny minus Amy and Bernadette
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Carrie Fisher sounded like Howard's mum. :D
  • Options
    Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm an okay ep but felt a bit Friends-esque again tonight. Last weeks was much better where they were all mixed together.
  • Options
    soopytwistsoopytwist Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    So it was on then? I don't get to see it on E4 on a Thursday evening so I catch up with it at about this time on 4oD, but 4oD seems to think it's still the 24th April today.

EDIT

Oh, well look at that. Suddenly, tonight's episode is now on 4oD - nearly an hour late.