Options

Neighbours - Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    Jimmy SkitzJimmy Skitz Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that's just it though, there is no evidence that points to Paul, only the harassment of Mark who in real life would have been suspended after all he interfered in the investigation with Paige and now turns up and bullies Paul when ever he feels like.

And even Mark admitted what little evidence they have is completely circumstantial;
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that's just it though, there is no evidence that points to Paul, only the harassment of Mark who in real life would have been suspended after all he interfered in the investigation with Paige and now turns up and bullies Paul when ever he feels like.

And even Mark admitted what little evidence they have is completely circumstantial;

Ok so the evidence is cirumstancial, but it does point one way. Most think Paul is guilty even his own family.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so the evidence is cirumstancial, but it does point one way. Most think Paul is guilty even his own family.

Amy has changed her mind
  • Options
    lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would not say what she did was evil at all. She regretted it straight away. She is a desperate woman who wants closure and believes Paul being guilty. Her doing this was her way of hoping to get closure. I think deep down she knows Paul is innocent but as all the evident points to him, he is the nearest thing to closure and justice she is going to get.

Lets be honest she has had a bad 10 months. Brad and Lauren have just lived happy in that time.

She has had a bad time - you can hardly blame her for reaching for the bottle!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amy has changed her mind

And Today she changed it back again. All are gonna have egg on their face when it comes out who done it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has had a bad time - you can hardly blame her for reaching for the bottle!

Tbf if you were in the company if Drab's acting, you would probs reach for the bottle too. :D:D
  • Options
    DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    I'm a bit confused about something. If Sonia knew her uncle when she was a child how is she not able to recognise him now?
  • Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    I would not say what she did was evil at all. She regretted it straight away. She is a desperate woman who wants closure and believes Paul being guilty. Her doing this was her way of hoping to get closure. I think deep down she knows Paul is innocent but as all the evident points to him, he is the nearest thing to closure and justice she is going to get.

Lets be honest she has had a bad 10 months. Brad and Lauren have just lived happy in that time.

Brad and Lauren have nothing to do with Terese deliberately setting up an innocent man to potentially spend years in jail for something he didn't do. I feel sorry for her that she's grieving the loss of her son, but that doesn't entitle her to break the law, not to mention the upseting effect it'd have on Paul's own family, just to get closure. if it's closure she wants she should let the authorities do their job and prosecute the real culprit legally.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tejas wrote: »
    I think Lauren is great and personally I never had any difficulty believing that Brad would run to her when Terese was being vile, she had improved after their split but clearly she is slipping back into some less pleasant habits, and more besides!

I've always liked L:auren too, which is why I hope the writers aren't planning on any kind of fling with her and Ned. She's been great lately and I'd hate to see her slide back into being branded the homewrecker again.
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    DiscoP wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused about something. If Sonia knew her uncle when she was a child how is she not able to recognise him now?
    I feel like the answer to that lies in the fake Uncle Walter story from 2013. Anyone remember the reason why Sonya believed a con man was her uncle?
    B*witched wrote: »
    Brad and Lauren have nothing to do with Terese deliberately setting up an innocent man to potentially spend years in jail for something he didn't do. I feel sorry for her that she's grieving the loss of her son, but that doesn't entitle her to break the law, not to mention the upseting effect it'd have on Paul's own family, just to get closure. if it's closure she wants she should let the authorities do their job and prosecute the real culprit legally.
    No-one has said she is entitled to do what she did, just there are solid reasons for her behaviour. She's desperate for Paul to be guilty, for anyone to be guilty, as it is the only thing keeping her going. If there was another suspect, I believe she would transfer all of her anger onto that person in a heartbeat. I don't think she wants Paul to be guilty, but she needs him to be. Right now Terese isn't coping at all.
  • Options
    Fee77Fee77 Posts: 3,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always liked L:auren too, which is why I hope the writers aren't planning on any kind of fling with her and Ned. She's been great lately and I'd hate to see her slide back into being branded the homewrecker again.

That would be a rather strange story. Lauren must be mid 40's and Ned is what? early 20's? Would be different if he was in his 30's, but I can't see Lauren going there.
  • Options
    Tweety PieTweety Pie Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DiscoP wrote: »

I wondered this too but to be honest the whole SL is a bit silly. Toadie paying him off not to see Sonya is a tad extreme. Is that what the red file was about? Sonya's a big girl she should be able to decide herself whether she wanted to see Walter or not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Deschanel wrote: »
    I feel like the answer to that lies in the fake Uncle Walter story from 2013. Anyone remember the reason why Sonya believed a con man was her uncle?

No-one has said she is entitled to do what she did, just there are solid reasons for her behaviour. She's desperate for Paul to be guilty, for anyone to be guilty, as it is the only thing keeping her going. If there was another suspect, I believe she would transfer all of her anger onto that person in a heartbeat. I don't think she wants Paul to be guilty, but she needs him to be. Right now Terese isn't coping at all.

Yes she's grieving and wants to make someone pay which is understandable but in no way makes it a 'solid reason' to take the law into her own hands no matter how badly she's suffering. Amy and Jimmy don't deserve to lose Paul to jail and they would suffer unnecessarily because of Terese's need to exact revenge. I'm sorry she's not coping but that's still no excuse for what she's doing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I never said Brad and Lauren are the reason she did what she did. i said she has had a harder 10 months than either of them have. I am not condoing what she is doing but she iscdesperare. Even Brad can see this he is keeping the secret. It is a action of a desperate woman who is not thinking straight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes she's grieving and wants to make someone pay which is understandable but in no way makes it a 'solid reason' to take the law into her own hands no matter how badly she's suffering. Amy and Jimmy don't deserve to lose Paul to jail and they would suffer unnecessarily because of Terese's need to exact revenge. I'm sorry she's not coping but that's still no excuse for what she's doing.

Easy to say until your in that position.
  • Options
    HOAddictHOAddict Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jayma wrote: »
    Haha, well he was nearly 3 years ago! ;)

I'd actually rather watch 30 minutes of solid Mason than 30 seconds more of Angus! :D
    That may be because he is far, far away and his awfulness has diminished.
  • Options
    vixkivixki Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    Terese seems to be taking Josh's death far worse than Brad does. And Brad lost his dad as well. Is this because her actor is better than Brads and the writers don't want to give him too much? Or is Brad gearing for a breakdown sometime? I mean we see him looking a bit frustrated at Josh's grave now and then but...that's it. Terese is having a full on meltdown, and I don't blame her for it tbh, I can't imagine losing a kid at all let alone like that. But...Brad doesn't really seem bothered at all?

Also I do think Doug's death was glossed over a lot, in comparison to Josh. I get that Josh's was more dramatic, but Doug was a longstanding Neighbour's character and I feel like he should have been more than just an afterthought. Obviously losing a son is much different than losing an old man who was already quite sick, but...it would have been nice to have some more focus on him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vixki wrote: »
    Terese seems to be taking Josh's death far worse than Brad does. And Brad lost his dad as well. Is this because her actor is better than Brads and the writers don't want to give him too much? Or is Brad gearing for a breakdown sometime? I mean we see him looking a bit frustrated at Josh's grave now and then but...that's it. Terese is having a full on meltdown, and I don't blame her for it tbh, I can't imagine losing a kid at all let alone like that. But...Brad doesn't really seem bothered at all?

Also I do think Doug's death was glossed over a lot, in comparison to Josh. I get that Josh's was more dramatic, but Doug was a longstanding Neighbour's character and I feel like he should have been more than just an afterthought. Obviously losing a son is much different than losing an old man who was already quite sick, but...it would have been nice to have some more focus on him.

I do think Brad is greiving he just has a better support network around him, While Teresecis pretty much on her own. Imogen seem to be the one who understood her mum and felt all she was going through. No one else can see she is having a break down. It will be interesting to see how Piper handles it tbh.

On a side note as much as Paige and JD are annoying. I think her and him have more chemistry than her and Pc no mark ever did.
  • Options
    HOAddictHOAddict Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping Mark will charge her with perverting the course of justice. Then Toady can do an impassioned plea and get her a suspended sentence.

I'd quite like Mark to charge himself, too. But that is probably hoping for too much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On a side note as much as Paige and JD are annoying. I think her and him have more chemistry than her and Pc no mark ever did.

well that's not hard, Bossy had more chemistry with a tennis ball than Paige and Mark ever did
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    I think it is a combination of things with Brad and Terese's differing reactions.

As somebody has mentioned, Brad has a better support network - a supportive parter alone is going to make a huge difference. Plus he has other things to concentrate on like building a relationship with Ned and even worrying about Paige getting so involved with John Doe which probably serve as diversionary tactics.

Terese's main support and 'interests' until the explosion were Josh, Imogen, Piper, Paul and her work. Now Josh is dead, Imogen is on another continent, Paul is suspected of being the killer so she can't turn to him at all. She was pretty much made to take compassionate leave so couldn't think about work, even when she went back - what is she having to do? Work on plans to rebuild the area where her child died!?! She can't even have a drink to try and take her mind off things.

So, really all she has is Piper but she's (unintentionally) causing more problems with stuff like the tattoo. Also, as her baby, Terese probably doesn't want to unload on her too much as she'll feel it isn't fair.

She's gone completely inward and that is why the obsession has developed i think.

Plus, yes, Rebekah is a better actress so able to convey the hurt and grief more than Gambling.
  • Options
    SweetiecatSweetiecat Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HOAddict wrote: »
    I'd quite like Mark to charge himself, too. But that is probably hoping for too much.

That would be hilarious.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well that's not hard, Bossy had more chemistry with a tennis ball than Paige and Mark ever did

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fee77 wrote: »
    That would be a rather strange story. Lauren must be mid 40's and Ned is what? early 20's? Would be different if he was in his 30's, but I can't see Lauren going there.

I have assumed Paige and Ned are the same age, roughly, if Drab left a pregnant Lauren to set up with Beth.

What with SORA, you never quite know how old people are meant to be!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HOAddict wrote: »
    I'm hoping Mark will charge her with perverting the course of justice. Then Toady can do an impassioned plea and get her a suspended sentence.

Not sure it would be worth going into all that trouble just to get her off. I think most including Paul would make sure she did not face charges. Ceclia Saint on the other hand a whole different story.
This discussion has been closed.