How should the Nazir storyline play out?

boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,435
Forum Member
✭✭
In light of recent events and the sacking of Marc Anwar from the show, how will the affair plot now pan out? In my opinion, we should see Sharif be killed off-screen in a car crash to the devastation of his family. Alya warns Sonia not to attend the funeral, but she can't stay away much to Alya's disgust. Afterwards, she is invited back to the house by Yasmeen, who begs for her support. Sonia reluctantly accepts the invitation but incurs Alya's wrath who then spills the beans on the entire affair as they are all congregated at the house. Upset, but equally seething with Alya, Sonia confesses to the affair but also reveals that Alya blackmailed Sharif for money to fund her Underworld designs- much to Alya's alarm, as she didn't realise that Sharif had told Sonia about the blackmail. Not only is Sonia kicked out of the house, but Alya too as her family are disgusted that she not only knew about the affair but also used the information for her own gain. Alya is ostracised by her family and even most of the factory girls as she was making moves to get ahead with acknowledging Izzy and Sinead's efforts in the design work.

As the police return Sharif's belongings to Yasmeen, an unfinished letter addressed to Yasmeen is included. Her and Zeedan read the letter which reveals that he was deeply ashamed by his actions and was going to leave as he couldn't handle the guilt of the betrayal any longer.

Comments

• soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been discussed already in his sacking thread and this pre existing one http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2180937
  • Louise_HartLouise_Hart Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he will prob get a quick off screen exit much like Chis Fountins (Tommy Duckworth)
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he will prob get a quick off screen exit much like Chis Fountins (Tommy Duckworth)

I hope that it's handled more smoothly than Chris Fountain's exit, which was very clumsily written.
  • notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    I hope that it's handled more smoothly than Chris Fountain's exit, which was very clumsily written.

Agreed & for the record I rather like your OP ideas!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed & for the record I rather like your OP ideas!!

Cheers NDD! The more I think about it, this scandal actually provides the show with the opportunity to do something interesting with the storyline, although I'm not holding my breath.
  • Kirk AngelKirk Angel Posts: 4,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He goes backpacking around India.
  • Foxster HotpotFoxster Hotpot Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In light of recent events and the sacking of Marc Anwar from the show, how will the affair plot now pan out? In my opinion, we should see Sharif be killed off-screen in a car crash to the devastation of his family. Alya warns Sonia not to attend the funeral, but she can't stay away much to Alya's disgust. Afterwards, she is invited back to the house by Yasmeen, who begs for her support. Sonia reluctantly accepts the invitation but incurs Alya's wrath who then spills the beans on the entire affair as they are all congregated at the house. Upset, but equally seething with Alya, Sonia confesses to the affair but also reveals that Alya blackmailed Sharif for money to fund her Underworld designs- much to Alya's alarm, as she didn't realise that Sharif had told Sonia about the blackmail. Not only is Sonia kicked out of the house, but Alya too as her family are disgusted that she not only knew about the affair but also used the information for her own gain. Alya is ostracised by her family and even most of the factory girls as she was making moves to get ahead with acknowledging Izzy and Sinead's efforts in the design work.

As the police return Sharif's belongings to Yasmeen, an unfinished letter addressed to Yasmeen is included. Her and Zeedan read the letter which reveals that he was deeply ashamed by his actions and was going to leave as he couldn't handle the guilt of the betrayal any longer.

This is how it Should play out, really like the idea :)

How it is likely to play out is much less interesting. :(
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Death
  • TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kirk Angel wrote: »
    He goes backpacking around India.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Although I don't really like the storyline, why don't they recast the role?
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You're better than the scriptwriters
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »
    You're better than the scriptwriters

Not a hard feat to achieve these days.

I would have Yasmeen sink into a deep depression after the betrayal feeling a complete sense of humiliation. She refuses to leave the house for weeks on end, despite the best efforts of Rhana and Zeedan, as she's too ashamed and cannot face the gossip about Sharif's infidelity. Slowly, over time she recuperates thanks to help from Mary, Cathy and Sally. There would also be a lot of potential here for another great character-driven scene between Sally and Yasmeen, as Sally reflects upon Kevin cheating on her with Molly and her struggle to accept baby Jack on the Street.

Meanwhile, Alya finds herself vulnerable and all alone as she rents a substandard flat away from the Street. The factory girls have taken the side of Izzy and Sinead and are also unimpressed to learn that she knew about Sharif's affair and used it to her advantage to extort money from him, after Sally blurts it out angrily in the factory one day. Her landlord proves to be quite leacherous, but Alya does her best to just ignore his suggestive comments as she has struggled to find a decent place elsewhere. Unbeknownst to her, he is a dangerous predator and has set up hidden cameras in the flat to spy on her.
  • JetsonJetson Posts: 13,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A fab idea which unlike I think - unlike the rude poster 2 who has form for ignoring and dismissing creative ideas - merits and deserves its own thread.

That would be a really good way of making it work. I think Shelley King is good as Yasmeen and this could end up being good for the Nazirs, obviously Alya's story can also spiral from that.

It can also spark Zeedan's re-evaluation of his values after the man he looked up to as a role model ends up not being quite who he thought he was.

I would have Yasmeen sink into a deep depression after the betrayal feeling a complete sense of humiliation. She refuses to leave the house for weeks on end, despite the best efforts of Rhana and Zeedan, as she's too ashamed and cannot face the gossip about Sharif's infidelity. Slowly, over time she recuperates thanks to help from Mary, Cathy and Sally. There would also be a lot of potential here for another great character-driven scene between Sally and Yasmeen, as Sally reflects upon Kevin cheating on her with Molly and her struggle to accept baby Jack on the Street.

Meanwhile, Alya finds herself vulnerable and all alone as she rents a substandard flat away from the Street. The factory girls have taken the side of Izzy and Sinead and are also unimpressed to learn that she knew about Sharif's affair and used it to her advantage to extort money from him, after Sally blurts it out angrily in the factory one day. Her landlord proves to be quite leacherous, but Alya does her best to just ignore his suggestive comments as she has struggled to find a decent place elsewhere. Unbeknownst to her, he is a dangerous predator and has set up hidden cameras in the flat to spy on her.

More fantastic ideas here. Really well done, I loved reading them. Love the idea of Yasmeen going down a dark path and needing friends to rally around like Sally, etc. We could see more scenes like the lovely one with her and Sally from a few weeks back.
  • owen10owen10 Posts: 127,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He says he is going to Peru to meet a woman called Emily
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the very kind feedback, James J. If only the powers that be were trawling this thread! With Sharif now out of the picture, could we see Zeedan return to the gym to run it with Gary? If not, we'll more than likely see Adam Baldwin working there when he returns in November. I'd also like more of an insight into Rana and her relationship with Zeedan.
  • notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member

You're on a roll now!! Loving these ideas!!
    Also I agree about Rana!! So far I have dismissed her as a pointless character, maybe this s/l of yours could finally add some depth to her character as she softens towards her friend Alya, after initially disowning her & siding with Zeedan & Yasmeen, and begins the difficult task of playing mediator between Alya & the family!!
  • MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like your ideas OP - particularly the knock on result of Alya moving into poor accommodation and the horrible landlord.

But I would also like to see a drama-free funeral - no reveal on funeral day please! I don't mind if the viewer fears that the reveal will happen at or after the funeral, after all that is what would predictably happen, but for once, let's get the funeral out the way in a normal, fuss-free way.
  • StevieRStevieR Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    I hope they don't kill him off because I don't want to see the family lose someone else so soon. Yasmin will be able to move on quicker as a character if he walks out on her and she's angry at him. She'll be able to find someone else sooner. It would be easy for the character to pack his bags whilst the others are out of the house. Just a few minor rewrites.

According to Ds, they have already filmed the reveal of the affair
  • LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they should recast the character and move on with the original plans. I know recasting a character over night is rare over here compared to the US but it saves the aggro over rewriting scripts and everything else.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I understand, Sharif will discover his mistress is in fact an Indian woman, which outrages him so much it makes his veins pop and he bleeds out on the cobbles. :o:(

With his last dying breaths, Sharif will whisper: "I knew I should'n't have ordered that Indian last night..."

The autopsy report will then reveal that he did not die due to his veins popping, but of food poisoning brought on by the Indian curry he ate. :(

This storyline will lead into Christmas. So watch out for it, folks. :)
  • bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    As I understand, Sharif will discover his mistress is in fact an Indian woman, which outrages him so much it makes his veins pop and he bleeds out on the cobbles. :o:(

With his last dying breaths, Sharif will whisper: "I knew I should'n't have ordered that Indian last night..."

The autopsy report will then reveal that he did not die due to his veins popping, but of food poisoning brought on by the Indian curry he ate. :(

This storyline will lead into Christmas. So watch out for it, folks. :)

Although Bangladeshis run 85-90% of the so called Indian restaurants in the UK.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bspace wrote: »
    Although Bangladeshis run 85-90% of the so called Indian restaurants in the UK.

True :D.

I guess it'll give Anwar a reason to hate Bangladeshis next. >:( :p
  • Purves GrundyPurves Grundy Posts: 43,921
    Forum Member
    BTW Here's the exclusive leaked storyline for Sharif's exit: :)

Sharif has just realized that Dev is of Indian heritage, and therefore thinks the world would be a better place without him. He uses his contacts in Pakistan to steal a nuclear warhead with the intention of detonating it directly under Dev's house later that evening at 8pm.

Dev however gets wise to his plan after he overhears Sharif discussing it with Yasmeen. Not knowing where the bomb is stored under his house, he has a brainwave and invites Eileen over for dinner. Eileen accepts and comes over. Just before 8pm Dev suddenly makes his excuses and leaves Eileen alone in the house. The nuclear bomb detonates, but is rendered harmless by Eileen's immense bulk which absorbs the entirety of the blast (Eileen herself thinks the explosion was merely the after effects of her overdoing it with the Brussels sprouts).

Sharif is waiting miles away in a safe house in the countryside that he'd just bought with the proceeds of selling 4 of his chickens. He is surprised however when on answering his door to find Dev safe and well in front of him, smiling calmly at him.

Dev: "Hello Sharif!"

Sharif: "What the Hell are you doing here?! You should be dead!"

Dev: "Sharif! Great news. You're just about to be the greatest hero of Pakistan's Space Program!"

Sharif: "What the hell do you mean Dev?!"

Dev: "There's currently an Indian ballistic nuclear missile under your house targetted for space, courtesy of my Uncle Umed"

Sharif: "What!"

Dev: "Bye Sharif. Send us a postcard when you leave Earth's stratosphere!"

At that moment Dev scarpers laughing maniacally. Sharif is stunned as the house begins to shake and is then launched into orbit by the missile underneath it. Just after leaving orbit it explodes creating a spectacular fireworks show for the residents of Weatherfield.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    Death

He could die from a gun wound. Then the culprit could sing the following. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRgcwT9X2J8
  • owen10owen10 Posts: 127,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why dont they do a storyline called

Who Shot the Sheriff

So the viewers can work out who shot him

So that would be either Alya, Zeedan or Yasmeen then :D
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    owen10 wrote: »
    Why dont they do a storyline called