Options

picture message

sirogsirog Posts: 315
Forum Member
Hi
Can anyone shed any light on to why I have stopped being able to receive picture messages. I have a Samsung galaxy Apollo I5800 and it has worked fine up to the other day. It now says downloading but nothing happens. How do I get the settings to receive picture messages

Comments

• Options
    grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sirog wrote: »
    Hi
    Can anyone shed any light on to why I have stopped being able to receive picture messages. I have a Samsung galaxy Apollo I5800 and it has worked fine up to the other day. It now says downloading but nothing happens. How do I get the settings to receive picture messages

Have you tried switching your phone fully off with the power button and then back on again? Sometimes phones get all caught up in themselves and a reboot helps to start afresh. My old Windows Mobile Samsung used to do that with picture messages - it would think it wasn't connected to data when it was. Sometimes phones just need a reboot, especially smartphones.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks
    just tried that but it has not worked. I have just sent a picture message and it sent fine.
  • Options
    beecartbeecart Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what network ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried switching your phone fully off with the power button and then back on again? Sometimes phones get all caught up in themselves and a reboot helps to start afresh. My old Windows Mobile Samsung used to do that with picture messages - it would think it wasn't connected to data when it was. Sometimes phones just need a reboot, especially smartphones.

I sometimes get that with HTC wildfire. Get failed message or error message, but still they seem to end up in my pic downloads folder.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thank you ive sorted it, did a factory reset and everything is now ok
  • Options
    beecartbeecart Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sirog wrote: »
    Thank you ive sorted it, did a factory reset and everything is now ok

Which network was it