Jack's Return...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
Forum Member
According to rumours Jack is set for a return to Doctor who.

Russel, Steven, Matt & John all want it to happen and have advised to "watch this space"

What sort of story would people like to see Jack to return to?

I persoanlly would like to see a story set in Jack's past when he was a member of the time agency. It would be good if his 2 years of lost memory involved the doctor and the silents and he had to forget it all otherwise it would cause a paradox when he met Rose and Doctor Nine.

Comments

• 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I only want to see Jack back if RTD writes the story ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    I only want to see Jack back if RTD writes the story ;)

Why? He's Moffat's character after all...

Speaking personally I hope this doesn't happen. Frankly I've thought Jack has been on a downward spiral ever since Torchwood started and after the events of Children of Earth I don't think he really fits into the Doctor Who universe any more. On the other hand it's Moffat, his version of Jack has always felt like the most complete (and most interesting) one to me and he probably wouldn't bring him back without something interesting to do with the character.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Why? He's Moffat's character after all...

Speaking personally I hope this doesn't happen. Frankly I've thought Jack has been on a downward spiral ever since Torchwood started and after the events of Children of Earth I don't think he really fits into the Doctor Who universe any more. On the other hand it's Moffat, his version of Jack has always felt like the most complete (and most interesting) one to me and he probably wouldn't bring him back without something interesting to do with the character.

RTD created Jack. he was then incorporated into a Moffat story for his introduction.
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Colphl3 wrote: »
    A story involving The Silence would be interesting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    I think Jack will be back in the 50th Anniversary episode. I hope he does as I would love to see him meet River Song
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    sandydune wrote: »
    A story involving The Silence would be interesting.

Well he has lost 2 years of his memory and the Silents are good at wiping people memories. So in theory the plot does work. Wonder if moff wil go down that route?
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont care what story it is aslong as he's in it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SillyTilly wrote: »
    I think Jack will be back in the 50th Anniversary episode. I hope he does as I would love to see him meet River Song

What a clash of ego's!:eek::D
  • MarkBluemelMarkBluemel Posts: 1,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'd like him back if he comes back as he's been in Doctor Who, not as he's become in Torchwood...

Like another poster, I'd be interested to see how he and River interact...
  • The KarinaThe Karina Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    I'd like him back if he comes back as he's been in Doctor Who, not as he's become in Torchwood....

is there any difference between his character in torchwood than it is in doctor who? obviously in torchwood they show more of his sexual nature due to it being aimed at older people however other than that i cant tell the difference
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member
    I dont care what story it is aslong as he's in it.

As above for me too. I just want my Jack back as I'm missing him. For anyone interested this is the link to JB at Chicago C2E2 this weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LtYw_Bzy-o&feature=related

Just to say this is JB and there is a level of innuendo involved.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pajs1000 wrote: »
    What a clash of ego's!:eek::D

....and other parts. :eek::p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
    Forum Member

I agree. It would be great to see him back for the 50th with Melody Pond. As long as the story was dark. Alex Kingston as a brooding Dr. Song out for trouble would be an interesting take, one which John Barrowman could really work alongside. Actually forget the Dr. Who 50th, lets have a new Torchwood series with Dr. Song in it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They could have time agent Jack, before Torchwood and the 9th Doc.

I'd like to see Jack back, I want to see him become all Face of Boe-y. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I want Jack and River to be companions for a series, but that would involve moving the whole program to after the watershed...
    The Karina wrote: »
    is there any difference between his character in torchwood than it is in doctor who?

Doctor Who Jack is happy and cheerful. Happy to pal around on an adventure with The Doctor, flirting with everyone along the way

Torchwood Jack is dark and tortured. Feeling the weight of the world from his responsibilities of running Torchwood and all the friends he's lost along the way.
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I think Jack should return....

River should be rescued for the library, have her regeneration ability restored and then she is injured and regenerates into Jack!

So now we have a younger Jack who hasn't technically "Met" the Doctor yet (more Botox please Barrowman, if you can fit any more in there! :D ) who the Doctor has to wipe two years of memory from to prevent...ooooh, I dunno, something.

Well now, that certainly puts an interesting spin on things ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Jack should return....

River should be rescued for the library, have her regeneration ability restored and then she is injured and regenerates into Jack!

So now we have a younger Jack who hasn't technically "Met" the Doctor yet (more Botox please Barrowman, if you can fit any more in there! :D ) who the Doctor has to wipe two years of memory from to prevent...ooooh, I dunno, something.

Well now, that certainly puts an interesting spin on things ;)

And the Yank can take River's place in the computer, seeing as he's immortal now.
  • DoctorQuiDoctorQui Posts: 6,428
    Forum Member
    I think Jack is an excellent good guy foil for the Doctor. Jack can be quite mercenary and is willing to make the difficult decision.

I am really looking forward to his return, he is a great character and, in reality, asmuch as he loves the Doctor, he is willing take an opposing stance!
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    DoctorQui wrote: »
    I think Jack is an excellent good guy foil for the Doctor. Jack can be quite mercenary and is willing to make the difficult decision.

I am really looking forward to his return, he is a great character and, in reality, asmuch as he loves the Doctor, he is willing take an opposing stance!

What I've always liked about Jack, or at least how he's written opposite the Doctor, is that he always acts like he knows exactly what he's doing, he's confident and snarky and alpha male and knows his stuff, but when it comes down to it, he always defers to the Doctor. And not in a fed-up, grumpy way either.
  • emma30emma30 Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Simply..yes please!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would love this, especially if he came back as a companion for a series or two...so unlikely but would be brilliant, he is without a doubt my favourite new who companion!
  • Stever7Stever7 Posts: 1,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see Jack back.

I loved his contrast to the human companions, just (if not more) as excited about everything he encounters but he is fairly clued up. Not quite at The Doctor's level, but he normally gets there in the end (the Delta Wave being a good example).
  • GaaaVINGaaaVIN Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    i'm actually not that bothered about Jack's return, although I appreciate his part in New Who. i would much rather they brought back other old characters. I find that his chumminess a bit grating and self-satisfied, although maybe that's just me being a boring old sod. If they bring him back, they should definitely integrate some complexity and undisclosed further backstory into the character, rather than an extended group hug.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I often wonder if I am the only one who couldn't stand Jack.

Not excited to hear he may be returning.
  • allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Russel, Steven, Matt & John all want it to happen and have advised to "watch this space"

I persoanlly would like to see a story set in Jack's past when he was a member of the time agency. It would be good if his 2 years of lost memory involved the doctor and the silents and he had to forget it all otherwise it would cause a paradox when he met Rose and Doctor Nine.

I don't really see how anyone can beat your own idea. It's terrific. I'll try and think of something and post later or on Sunday