iPhone 6 and iOS 7 reportedly in development, expected to release in mid-2013

Comments

• Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever Apple are working on it is guaranteed to be more of the same. Lacking innovation. Trying to catch up with the others. Failing miserably but happy to cash in on people who don't know any better :yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    Colin Hunt wrote: »
    What on earth is a phablet?

Its a made up word.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dontpannic wrote: »
    Something horrendous to look at
    Weird how we now tend to see things differently.
  • kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever Apple are working on it is guaranteed to be more of the same. Lacking innovation. Trying to catch up with the others. Failing miserably but happy to cash in on people who don't know any better :yawn:

Oh yes, because people who buy the iphone don't know any better:confused: Silly comment:rolleyes:
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ishAppy wrote: »
    Its a made up word.
    All words are made up. By many accounts the Dell Streak was the first phablet.
    I happen to class above 4.5" as phablets though 5"+ is more the norm.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/07/us-samsung-guidance-preview-idUSBRE90607D20130107

" 'phablets', chips to drive Samsung fourth quarter profit"
  • Hugh_Hugh_ Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    Weird how we now tend to see things differently.

How is having a different opinion to someone else weird?:confused:
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kidspud wrote: »
    Oh yes, because people who buy the iphone don't know any better:confused: Silly comment:rolleyes:

Have a look at this video then :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMsLArefSOw
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That videos a prank you fool Lmao.still is gives the Samsung Stards and google Ntards something to feel happy about. The itards are probably to busy masterbating whilst reading iPhone 6 rumours
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What is that meant to prove:confused: should I just assume everyone acts the same or come from a certain social category because of videos like this?

Believe me, if that was the case I would be far more worried about some of the people I've seen using android phones. Luckily I'm not that narrow minded.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    Hugh_ wrote: »
    That videos a prank you fool Lmao.still is gives the Samsung Stards and google Ntards something to feel happy about. The itards are probably to busy masterbating whilst reading iPhone 6 rumours

That's a mature response.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ishAppy wrote: »
    That's a mature response.

This whole part of the board is childish and spammed senseless by the S-tards, I'm gonna hide their S-pens and watch them stand there dumbfounded stareing at the floor lol.

Truth is the internets full of this, ford v vauxhall, Xbox v play station . Coranation street v Eastenders, virginmedia v sky. Ect ect .

No one ever changes anyone's mind but it will always be the same . It just embarrassing when 40 year old men are doing it.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This whole part of the board is childish and spammed senseless by the S-tards, I'm gonna hide their S-pens and watch them stand there dumbfounded stareing at the floor lol.

Truth is the internets full of this, ford v vauxhall, Xbox v play station . Coranation street v Eastenders, virginmedia v sky. Ect ect .

No one ever changes anyone's mind but it will always be the same . It just embarrassing when 40 year old men are doing it.

What a load of nonsense... There are plenty of people on these parts that can have adult conversations and we do all time.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'd rather deal in fact instead of subjective rubbish tbh.

Are you 40 then?
  • tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member

I don't know how people like you fail to see the iPad mini as innovative. I have a Nexus 7 as well and in comparison it is rubbish. So I conclude that Google equally lack in innovation.
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    tdenson wrote: »
    I don't know how people like you fail to see the iPad mini as innovative. I have a Nexus 7 as well and in comparison it is rubbish. So I conclude that Google equally lack in innovation.

How is the mini innovative? Its simply a smaller ipad. Again apple are behind with the small tablet yet when they bring one out its innovative!

Sorry but the Nexus 7 is far better. Even the Kindle fire trumps the ipad mini!!
    Forum Member
    Stiggles wrote: »
    How is the mini innovative? Its simply a smaller ipad. Again apple are behind with the small tablet yet when they bring one out its innovative!

Sorry but the Nexus 7 is far better. Even the Kindle fire trumps the ipad mini!!

The Nexus 7 is heavier, has a smaller screen, very difficult to see any context because of the number of lines in landscape mode, takes me twice as long to get anything done. The iPad mini in contrast is much better engineered, achieving a nicer looking product both aesthetically and usability wise.
    You will disagree without doubt, because of your anti Apple bias.
    This is my opinion from using them both. I have come to that opinion by forcing myself to use the Nexus 7 to the exclusion of the iPad for several days.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well I'm using one now, maybe you can tell me what is bad about it, I'm sure you've spent plenty if time using one, and a nexus 7 and a kindle fire.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Nexus 7 is heavier, has a smaller screen, very difficult to see any context because of the number of lines in landscape mode, takes me twice as long to get anything done. The iPad mini in contrast is much better engineered, achieving a nicer looking product both aesthetically and usability wise.
    This is my opinion from using them both. I have come to that opinion by forcing myself to use the Nexus 7 to the exclusion of the iPad for several days.

I tried out both for an afternoon before opting for the iPad mini. I chose it on the basis of the screen ratio, performance and the fact that when they are put side by side, the mini is a far better design all round.
    Forum Member

Oh! Here we go with the apple bias from an apple nut because i dare to disagree with him!! A classy and of course, blindingly obvious response!

You never answered my question.

The ipad mini is simply a scaled down version of a normal ipad. What in the name of all that is holy is innovative about that? They are last to the game! Its been done for years now! Better engineered? The only thing better bout apple stuff in reality is this. And that's falling.

In my opinion of using the 3 i mentioned, the N7 and especially the kindle fire HD are much nicer to use. The screen for instance on the kindle fire HD is stunning compared to the ipad mini and even the N7. I found nothing hard to read whatsoever on the N7.

One last thing. Tell me if you could..what takes you twice as long to do?
    Forum Member
    Well I'm using one now, maybe you can tell me what is bad about it, I'm sure you've spent plenty if time using one, and a nexus 7 and a kindle fire.

Again, we all have different opinions which some people on this board just fail to grasp.

I hate the ipad screen. I prefer 16:9 HD screens. The ipads are no where near that. Content looks awful in my opinion. I find iOS slow, laggy and boring as hell to use.

If apple change iOS to make it look better, make a decent 16:9 HD screen then i will buy one.

As ive said a billion times on here which gets completely ignored as always, i have no brand bias. I have preferences, and to me apple lag waaaaay behind on the most basic of things.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh! Here we go with the apple bias from an apple nut because i dare to disagree with him!! A classy and of course, blindingly obvious response!

The ipad mini is simply a scaled down version of a normal ipad. What in the name of all that is holy is innovative about that? They are last to the game! Its been done for years now! Better engineered? The ony thing better bout apple stuff in reality is this. And that's falling.

In my opinion of using the 3 i mentioned, the N7 and especially the kindle fire HD are much nicer to use. The screen for instance on the kindle fire HD is stunning compared to the ipad mini and even the N7. I found nothing hard to read whatsoever on the N7.

I agree, I think the kindle fire HD screen is very good. Shame it is 16.9 and a little slow at browsing.
    Forum Member
    I agree, I think the kindle fire HD screen is very good. Shame it is 16.9 and a little slow at browsing.

Why is a shame? Content is in widescreen these days which is 16:9. Why would you want old 4:3 or close to that?

Browsing i found it when i used my sisters on xmas day to be bloody fast!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Again, we all have different opinions which some people on this board just fail to grasp.

I hate the ipad screen. I prefer 16:9 HD screens. The ipads are no where near that. Content looks awful in my opinion. I find iOS slow, laggy and boring as hell to use.

If apple change iOS to make it look better, make a decent 16:9 HD screen then i will buy one.

As ive said a billion times on here which gets completely ignored as always, i have no brand bias. I have preferences, and to me apple lag waaaaay behind on the most basic of things.

Bib, that is my favourite term you use:)

You are known for changing your mind so it's a little difficult to agree with you.;)
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    Why is a shame? Content is in widescreen these days which is 16:9. Why would you want old 4:3 or close to that?

Browsing i found it when i used my sisters on xmas day to be bloody fast!

That's the thing with opinions - people like and want different things.
    Forum Member

A typical example would be participating in a forum and creating replies. Firstly, the lack of screen real estate (in terms of number of lines of text) means that it is particularly awkward to use in landscape mode, it is difficult to see any context so one is constantly scrolling up and down. Secondly, the keyboard is very fiddly to use in comparison with the iPad which manages to achieve a feel very akin to its big brother. Thirdly, performance issues and sluggishness often finds me mistyping and having to correct. I suspect this third one is mainly down to having to handle a hi res screen. I agree the screen is better, but in practice I would rather have the larger screen with lower res, and not suffer the penalties of poorer performance and battery life. There is more to a screen than number of pixels and I think for current technology Apple have struck the right balance with this product.