Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 221
    Forum Member
    samiskim wrote: »
    Not so Nice

Barbara Windsor
    I'm surprised at that, I've met her a couple of times and she was absolutely lovely. Maybe you caught her on an off day?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice:
    David Beckham
    Simon Pegg
    Josh Harnett
    Anna Chancellor
    David Beckham
    Paul McKenna
    Dominic West
    Timothy West
    Mark Gatiss
    Jon Voight
    Bianca Gascoigne

Not very nice:
    Duncan James
    Michael Palin
    Ewan McGregor
    Amy Winehouse
  • Options
    glowboyglowboy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    Nice:

Ian Brown
    David Tennant
    Su Pollard
    Fruitbat & Jimbob (Carter USM)
    Vicky Entwhistle (Janice Battersby), pre-Corrie fame.
    Graham Norton - in his 'Charlie's Angels Go To Hell' days

Not So:

Kate O'Mara
    Lesley Joseph
    Griff Rhys Jones

and for Scottish viewers who remember the 80's...

Viv Lumsden
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aimee87 wrote: »

I forgot to add Natalie Imbruglia to my list, i knew i was forgetting someone. I was about 6 years old at the time so i can't remember much about it, i think she'd just left Neighbours and she was doing pantomine in Canterbury and came out the back afterwards. My uncle fought his way through the crowd to get my programme signed :D

It's really interesting Aimee that you met Natalie in panto in Canterbury at Christmas 1993. I wrote to her there then and she became the first woman in showbiz to reply to a letter of mine! What was also remarkable was that she sent a Neighbours photo. It was really thoughtful of her to keep the photos and bring them to the UK with her!
  • Options
    Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    It's really interesting Aimee that you met Natalie in panto in Canterbury at Christmas 1993. I wrote to her there then and she became the first woman in showbiz to reply to a letter of mine! What was also remarkable was that she sent a Neighbours photo. It was really thoughtful of her to keep the photos and bring them to the UK with her!

Aw, that was sweet of her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    Shirley Bssey, really friendly, signed autographs and chatted..

Thelma Barlow (Mavis in Corrie). I had flu and she brought me some cheese straws that she had made. Very nice person, no show at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    palmbeach wrote: »
    Many, Many years ago, I worked in a Large Up market Hi-Fi Shop in Tottenham court Road, I was a salesman for a top brand of tape recorders, This one day I was chatting to this American chap and his quiet chum for a while about the attributes of said Reel to Reel recorder, really nice guy, but didn`t strike me as anyone out of the ordinary. Anyway he orders a machine which his chum pays for, and leaves.
    Seconds after he goes, all the staff on the floor crowd around me jiberjabbing asking me what was he like etc. I hadn`t a clue, I must have been so wrapped up in the sale that I never noticed that I had been speaking to Frank Sinatra for 10mins or so.
    He left no impression of being a Celebrity, just a regular guy.

Francis Albert Sinatra is my absolute hero! Insanely jealous!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    glowboy wrote: »
    Nice:

Ian Brown
    David Tennant
    Su Pollard
    Fruitbat & Jimbob (Carter USM)
    Vicky Entwhistle (Janice Battersby), pre-Corrie fame.
    Graham Norton - in his 'Charlie's Angels Go To Hell' days

Not So:

Kate O'Mara
    Lesley Joseph
    Griff Rhys Jones

and for Scottish viewers who remember the 80's...

Viv Lumsden

You are legendary. YOU'VE MET DAVID TENNANT?! :eek::D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    palmbeach wrote: »
    Many, Many years ago, I worked in a Large Up market Hi-Fi Shop in Tottenham court Road, I was a salesman for a top brand of tape recorders, This one day I was chatting to this American chap and his quiet chum for a while about the attributes of said Reel to Reel recorder, really nice guy, but didn`t strike me as anyone out of the ordinary. Anyway he orders a machine which his chum pays for, and leaves.
    Seconds after he goes, all the staff on the floor crowd around me jiberjabbing asking me what was he like etc. I hadn`t a clue, I must have been so wrapped up in the sale that I never noticed that I had been speaking to Frank Sinatra for 10mins or so.
    He left no impression of being a Celebrity, just a regular guy.

Haha! That's BRILLIANT :D#
    Would you have been star-struck if you'd realised who he was?
  • Options
    mia75mia75 Posts: 9,352
    Forum Member
    My friend served Barbara Windsor in her flower shop and she can't speak highly enough of her. She always had time for everybody and she stopped to chat for ages.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    Got to defend Griff - one of the nicest people, never mind celebs, I've ever met and a sweetheart.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    1971 wrote: »
    Apparently......she only drinks moet, your not allowed to talk to her, if your are allowed to talk to her you have to call her ms black.....apparently :cool:

ive heard that too, though that was when her hubby was alive, he told her not to talk to ordinary people. when they were around some builders they were very snooty apparently.

have heard victoria wood was miserable from a relative who has worked with her. ben elton is really nice.

have met chris tarrant a few times, he is very focused and appears cold and driven though not unfriendly.

michaela strachan was lovely,

gyles brandreth is good fun

jim davidson was ok but more interested in the "girls" that were hurried out from backstage..( they werent in the audience, and i deduce they were "employed" in some capacity ;) )

lemmy is a gentleman

stephen fry is an absolute gentleman by all accounts.. when i was trying to break into writing i sent him some sketches and he replied with a really lovely letter of encouragement.. a real star
  • Options
    katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cromerp wrote: »
    ive heard that too, though that was when her hubby was alive, he told her not to talk to ordinary people. when they were around some builders they were very snooty apparently.

have heard victoria wood was miserable from a relative who has worked with her. ben elton is really nice.

have met chris tarrant a few times, he is very focused and appears cold and driven though not unfriendly.

michaela strachan was lovely,

gyles brandreth is good fun

jim davidson was ok but more interested in the "girls" that were hurried out from backstage..( they werent in the audience, and i deduce they were "employed" in some capacity ;) )

lemmy is a gentleman

stephen fry is an absolute gentleman by all accounts.. when i was trying to break into writing i sent him some sketches and he replied with a really lovely letter of encouragement.. a real star

A friend of mine works in the theatre and apparently Strachen was adopted by the crew in a little sister capacity and no one was allowed to say a bad word about her. There are stories about Tommy Steele being so unpleasant on "Singing in the Rain" that they peed in the tank that the rain came out of so the crew like people whom are nice and don't people who aren't.

Lucky man meant Alyson Hannigan of Buffy and American Pie fame and apparently she's lovely.
  • Options
    tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fairly feeble connections but:

Many years ago, I used to work at a bank where Barry Humphries had an account. He was an absolute sh!t and was always overdrawn.

I was in the year above Alex Kingston (Elizabeth Corday in ER) at school. I didn't know her personally but she walked around with her nose in the air and the word was she fancied herself as an actress and a cut above the rest (and the mad curly hair is real).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Met John Leslie years ago (before any those allegations came to light). He seemed like a right chump though.
  • Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday I met Ant and Dec - and I owe them both a HUGE apology.:eek: I have accused them of being histrionic divas who sold their souls to Nintendo in the past.:o They were sweet, charming and friendly AND bought me a glass of wine. Then sat in the bar chatting like ordinary people......I was gobsmacked.
  • Options
    allie5allie5 Posts: 4,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How NICE are Ant, Dec and Amanda Holden? They are LOVELY - especially Amanda who is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO friendly and nice.
  • Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allie5 wrote: »
    How NICE are Ant, Dec and Amanda Holden? They are LOVELY - especially Amanda who is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO friendly and nice.
    And Stephen Mulherne gets my vote even though he made a pass at my far-too-young-for-him daughter:D
  • Options
    mousymousy Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh my goodness, Ive ment no-one
    Im amazed at how many youn guys have met:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have not met many famous people apart from Sir Terry Pratchett. The first time I met him I had to interview him for work. Everyone told me he is well-known for being a nasty piece of work but he was really lovely and talked to me for hours. Months later I saw him at the official launch of his latest novel and he remembered me (despite having dementia!). He got ketchup on my notepad though! Nice chap.

Also interviewed Bill Oddie and was pleasantly surprised. He was quite friendly.
  • Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    opal88 wrote: »

I met Nicholas Parsons when I was a student and he was tetchy, ill-mannered and rude.

He's the only 'sleb' I've ever met, wasn't sure whether to declare it. It was in the 1970s - and he was tetchy, ill-mannered and rude.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    And Stephen Mulherne gets my vote even though he made a pass at my far-too-young-for-him daughter:D

So jealous!Always had a bit of a thing for him!Was never sure if he was gay though!How old is your daughter?What did he say??!
  • Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    katmobile wrote: »
    There are stories about Tommy Steele being so unpleasant on "Singing in the Rain" that they peed in the tank that the rain came out of

roflmao! beats spitting in his coffee!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Am shocked, I always thought he preferred the company of males!:eek::D
  • Options
    allie5allie5 Posts: 4,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am shocked, I always thought he preferred the company of males!:eek::D

No Stephen appears to like the ladies a lot from what we saw the other night :D .