Options

Amazing new video from The Ting Tings!

rors401rors401 Posts: 1,019
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The new official music video from The Ting Tings comeback single, Hands, has just been premiered. It looks and sounds amazing and a definite Auttumn/Winter Anthem! They look older in this video compared to TNMN back in 2008.
Here's a link:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3123934/The-Ting-Tings-are-back.html

If the video doesn't work there then try:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOuDsCDMHhU

What do you think? :)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Wow! Sounds so 80's but then looks so 90's. It's great, but might not get No.1 cause Joe Mc is releasing his single that week :( He will obviously get an X Factor performance. There is one slot left though but it will probably go to Pixie Lott because she's another of "Simon's friends" as she performed on BGT and was a guest judge. Seems only his friends or ex-contestants that were his or Cheryl's can perform and not others :(

Oh well, hopefully MTV, 4Music and Radio 1 will pick this great song/video up!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Old link doesn't work now, got removed!
    Here's the new official link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVbtBLZxL6w

Tell us what you think of it! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80's revival starts here. Great song instantly catchy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    80's revival starts here. Great song instantly catchy.

People have been releasing 80s influenced songs a lot recently. The Ting Tings are not the first and won't be the last.
  • Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heard the song a while ago and loved it. Very cool video, different to what is on right now on most channels. I can't wait for the new album :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People have been releasing 80s influenced songs a lot recently. The Ting Tings are not the first and won't be the last.

I'm not exactly up to date with music. I'm 56 don't you know;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    Wow is all I can say, fantastic. :)
  • Options
    Tel69Tel69 Posts: 27,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got to be honest I think it's a really poor song. I hope this isn't representative of the album.
  • Options
    wildmovieguywildmovieguy Posts: 8,342
    Forum Member
    Oh come on all you office workers out there. Clap your hands if your working too hard!! Get the women to do it first, then the men!, then the office juniors!
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like it! But as soon as I heard it I thought they sounded like they had been locked in a room with a load of New Order albums. And that is a GOOD thing:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    I'm not exactly up to date with music. I'm 56 don't you know;)

Oh well :p

I think 80s is the new bandwagon which people are jumping on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's on the MTV Hits playlist as a new entry! :D
    Already on Radio 1's B-List! :D
    Can't seem to find it on many other stations/channels though :(
  • Options
    Cake_NibblerCake_Nibbler Posts: 6,564
    Forum Member
    Love it. Even better than the stuff from 'We started nothing' :D

Can't wait for the album. Anyone know when that is out. I've found the single is released 4th Oct but got no info on the album
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love it. And great video too. Can't wait for the album.
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awesome, it's cheesy and the chorus is so throw yo' hands in the air. Gotta feeling it'll flop, though.
  • Options
    ServalanServalan Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me, the song deserves better than Calvin Harris' paws all over it - it's made it sound like too many other songs and lost some of the group's distinctiveness.

But I love 'Clap your hands if you're working too hard' as a hook - and it's good to see Jules and Katie back ... especially the gorgeous Jules! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    At first, I felt like it was an awful song for the Ting Tings to comeback on, and although I agree that the pop/rap genre the Ting Tings belonged to has vanished with "Hands", I still very much enjoy the track.

Chorus is catchy enough, video entertaining enough; only fear is that it won't even crack the Top 20, which'd be a shame. I will be buying for sure, but much like Scouting For Girls, Kate Nash and Alesha Dixon, the T.T aren't going to make a huge impact the second time around.
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At first, I felt like it was an awful song for the Ting Tings to comeback on, and although I agree that the pop/rap genre the Ting Tings belonged to has vanished with "Hands", I still very much enjoy the track.

Chorus is catchy enough, video entertaining enough; only fear is that it won't even crack the Top 20, which'd be a shame. I will be buying for sure, but much like Scouting For Girls, Kate Nash and Alesha Dixon, the T.T aren't going to make a huge impact the second time around.

I reckon they'll get a top 5 album on its release, but this single is all wrong for their fanbase. Too mainstream.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really like this - one of those songs that gets better each time i hear it.

Katie looks pretty damn fine in the video as well :D
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I first heard the song while cooking a lamb roast a couple of weeks ago. Wasn't really a Ting Tings fan before but it's a great song.

:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing video, I just love the feel of it, its a treat for the eyes! And the song is annoyingly catchy but good at the same time. Amazing comeback...
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The video is good but the song is rubbish! Not really classic Ting Tings in my eyes. Disappointed! I hope they have much better songs on their album.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I frickin' love this song. The hook is awesome and is stuck in my head.

I could see it being a sleeper hit!
  • Options
    ZapomaticZapomatic Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Video influenced by Little Boots? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McdqerXrwXE
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just bought Hands on i-tunes:cool: C'mon guys let's make this go top 10 at least:)