Happy 70th Birthday to Bob Dylan

Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
Forum Member
One of the greatest songwriters and poets of our generation.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On his birthday a hard rain's a gonna fall
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a legend.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
    Forum Member
    Listening to a Bob Dylan documentary as I type this, what a legend
  • Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    3 lovely people replied.

How sad that in this generation of bubble gum plastic generic pop bilge that a real songwriter is largely unappreciated.
  • Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,462
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately i didn't see the thread, but i agree on the fact that he is unappreciated.. not a massive of him myself but recognised what he did for music.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on the demographic of the forum?

Watched an interesting doc on (Beeb) catch-up last night. Some of the pre-electric perfs were mind-boggling in a "there's one guy with just a guitar, zero razzmatazz, yet hundreds are in the palm of his hand" sense -- verging on scary. :o

Watching "Like a Rolling Stone" live and in context changed my opinion from "the Hendrix version is far superior" to "the Hendrix version is quite superior". :)
  • Devon MilesDevon Miles Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    bomb #21 wrote: »
    Depends on the demographic of the forum?

Watched an interesting doc on (Beeb) catch-up last night. Some of the pre-electric perfs were mind-boggling in a "there's one guy with just a guitar, zero razzmatazz, yet hundreds are in the palm of his hand" sense -- verging on scary. :o

Watching "Like a Rolling Stone" live and in context changed my opinion from "the Hendrix version is far superior" to "the Hendrix version is quite superior". :)

Don't recall Hendrix covering that one..

The thing with Dylan is that he'll do his own tracks completely differently on any given day with no prior warning to the band! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there was a similar thread a day earlier which I posted in and didnt feel the need to post twice.

And I'd say Dylan is hugely appreciated, havnt been able to get away from him on the radio all week. I'm not complaining though.