Can't believe its back to work tomorrow already

DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,642
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Been off since the 21st but that is it after tonight:(

I have had a reasonable enjoyable period off meal and pre-xmas work night out.

Day out at the sales

Xmas day meal out, New Years Eve meal out and buffet there's a pattern here:o

However each passing year as you get older seems to have the Xmas period passing quicker.

I just dread the first day back after being off, then suddenly after two days it seems like you have never been away and you want to be off again:eek:

At least tomorrow still counts as a holiday in Scotland so its double time and a day in lieu:)

Hope everyone survives their first day back:)

Comments

• ValentineValentine Posts: 3,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know, it's rubbish! Thank goodness I had the foresight to book an extra couple of day's leave.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been back for a while now, don't be so ungrateful about your time off, you got longer than some :rolleyes:
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not looking forward to it either.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its the end of staying in bed till mid-morning as well:(

Getting up a normal hour too
  • boozer3boozer3 Posts: 2,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really feel for you. And all those who had two weeks off. Really I do.
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Husband isn't back till wednesday, but only had the two days each week, and this week he's in saturday as well.
  • OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »

I just dread the first day back after being off, then suddenly after two days it seems like you have never been away and you want to be off again
    :eek:
    So true :cry:

Back on Wednesday... & I've just come down with a cold since yesterday, been sneezing & sniffing all day... wonder if i should call in sick for the rest of the week? :o
  • Bear TraderBear Trader Posts: 736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At last! The whole time off had been driving me mad! I like work and doing stuff!
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I was working some of last week but I'm glad to be going back tomorrow. Have been so bored at home last few days.
  • IqoniqIqoniq Posts: 6,299
    Forum Member
    My first meeting isn't until 23rd, so I'm not 'technically' back until then. Usually something will crop up and my presence will be required. Either that, or I get bored and go and see what's going on in the offices. Wifey has meetings tomorrow though, but she never gets as long off as me.
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not for the 1000s unemployed
  • OK Then!!!OK Then!!! Posts: 4,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am back tomorrow at the Post Office! I will be returning there after taking leave since the 9th December.

I always like to take a lovely lengthy holiday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rick182 wrote: »
    Not for the 1000s unemployed

Well perhaps they could use the new year as a time to resolute in attempting to find work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm not back in till Wednesday, so one more day off for me. First thing I usually do when I get back to work is book a holiday in, say, the end of February/ start of March so that i've got something to look forward to. But I know when the alarm goes off at 5.30 Wednesday morning i'll be mightily peed off! :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK Then!!! wrote: »
    Well perhaps they could use the new year as a time to resolute in attempting to find work.

I was looking for work on xmas day, I don't need it to be new year to look lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm not back in till Wednesday, so one more day off for me. First thing I usually do when I get back to work is book a holiday in, say, the end of February/ start of March so that i've got something to look forward to. But I know when the alarm goes off at 5.30 Wednesday morning i'll be mightily peed off! :(

Good idea. Summer always seems so far away. We often book a holiday for the summer during Jan/Feb to stop the winter blues.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good for you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good for you.

Dunno if thats sarcasm or not?
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I start will start looking again tomorrow theres no point looking over xmas time really
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rick182 wrote: »
    I start will start looking again tomorrow theres no point looking over xmas time really

I look online mainly, sometimes helps to look when places are shut/on holiday as you can get an email in before other people etc.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck to everyone in 2012 who does not have a job to go back to this week.

I hope your luck changes soon:)
  • ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had Christmas day off, the day after Boxing day, and yesterday off, I've worked the rest of the Christmas period. I'm now off on me holibobs from Wednesday to Monday, I guess that'll be my Christmas :D!
  • danletodanleto Posts: 2,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Trust you to pipe up. :D
  • queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My husband would love to have a job to go back to.
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    I only got two days off for Christmas (apart from my usual days off), but I work part-time so it's not so bad.