EE: How will Stacey wriggle out of this?

GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
Forum Member
First of all, I'm sure a lot of us didn't see that coming. The duff duffs are very exciting these days - I haven't missed an episode since Halloween.

Second of all Stacey's dobbed herself in, which I think is the right move, even though I love the actress and the character. I don't think I could just allow Bradley to be in the frame. It would always be at the forefront of my mind when watching her.

Lastly, we know Lacey is a now a regular and as far as I know regular contracts range from six months to years and She's only been in it a month and a bit so I think we can safely say she'll somehow get out of it?

I think they'll either chuck her in the loony bin for a couple months or they'll not believe her.

How do you think it'll pan out?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the police wont charge her. All they have is her word and...well..she's crackers and so is her mum. They interview Ronnie...Ronnie says 'No, stacey didnt do it, she just feels guilty because Bradley died', they interview everyone else and they say the same thing, including Roxy who is convinced by Ronnie (You wouldnt want Amy growing up without a mum, think of Lily).

I could walk into a police station and claim to have killed Mr Smith but they aint gonna charge me on just that.
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    Agreed. I'm happy with knowing that Ronnie will be the reason Stacey isn't convicted. Its her Dad, she gets to choose whether he gets justice or not and seeing as he weren't such a nice dude ....
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if they use her bipolar as a excuse saying she off her meds, making things up etc.

She may of confessed but lack of evidence, only a confession, lack of witnesses don't know where that would stand with the CPS to convict her.
    Forum Member
    Harlowe wrote: »
    Wonder if they use her bipolar as a excuse saying she off her meds, making things up etc.

She may of confessed but lack of evidence, only a confession, lack of witnesses don't know where that would stand with the CPS to convict her.

I've been watching Life and Death row, some pretty hard hitting stuff - I almost nearly teared up a little watching it tonight. It takes serious tv to do that to me.

I wonder how many people would have gotten the chair if EastEnders was set in a death penalty state in the US
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the most important thing that's been shown since Stacey came back is that she's off her meds from trying for a baby. All it'll take is for Kat to say that she's not been taking them, and then she's an unreliable witness. And the fact that Luke and Stacey were trying for a baby was hardly all that necessary to their story.

However, seeing as Lacey had to leave for a bit to film her other drama, maybe they'll have her off for a bit but have Ronnie testify and back her up on Archie's behavior. But maybe that time was when she was off the past coupe of weeks? I'm not sure..
  • spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the police wont charge her. All they have is her word and...well..she's crackers and so is her mum. They interview Ronnie...Ronnie says 'No, stacey didnt do it, she just feels guilty because Bradley died', they interview everyone else and they say the same thing, including Roxy who is convinced by Ronnie (You wouldnt want Amy growing up without a mum, think of Lily).
    If this happens though - wont it mean she would still live with the guilt of Bradley taking the blame. The whole point of her confessing was to get rid of the guilt and the lies. If the police don't believe her then she is in the same situation?
    It seemed like she would have to face something happening to her to be able to live on the square again
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been watching Life and Death row, some pretty hard hitting stuff - I almost nearly teared up a little watching it tonight. It takes serious tv to do that to me.

I wonder how many people would have gotten the chair if EastEnders was set in a death penalty state in the US

Was that on BBC3?
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ronnie will become possessed by Archie via his ring.
    Forum Member
    Twas indeed. Some hard hitting stuff. I would have been satisfied if it was fictional. But the reality of it all just made it...:'(
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kat will probably say it was Alice! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its easy to get away with a crime in Eastenders so I am sure she will be ok. Remember Phil Mitchell was caught by police holding a gun in an armed robbery but because the witness didn't turn up the case was dropped, despite the other evidence, so anything is possible in Walford :)
  • NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she will be charged but (like Janine) be found not guilty. There's no way EE would have such a huge character strutting around the square who has got away with murder. Of course her trial and not guilty charge should allow Stacey to move on etc. I just don't think the show would condone murder.