Options

[US] The Real Housewives of ........

Comments

• Options
    Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I just watched Ladies of London. I really like it, I don't love it yet but the potential is definitely there.

I'm liking Caprice a lot. I thought it was admirable how she defended her friend, Annabelle, when Juliet was being mean about her when she wasn't there to defend herself. I get why she went to the papers with her story first but she totally loved the attention for it too.

Caroline, I'm loving. She has the lifestyle of the IT girl and a home to die for. Her shade is hilarious and well timed. She's being fair to the Americans too. However, I was disappointed that she didn't defend Annabelle when Juliet was saying she wasn't a nice person. I sense a little jealousy over the press attention Caprice gets as well, the fact she felt the need to say she doesn't want attention from the press suggests otherwise.

Annabelle is great. She's not the conventional cast member for this type of show which is making her a great asset. I'm loving her. Her reaction to the Americans are hysterical. She does need to loosen up a little though. I think what the women mean by she's private is that she isn't out there with things like sex, nudity or attention grabbing behaviour. I don't feel like she really looked into what she was signing herself up for. The special needs comment was inappropriate, I wish she would have calmly fought Juliet back with her zingers.

Juliet is irritatingly brilliant. She's annoying but so watchable. She's so out there and she's really making an effort to make the show interesting, unlike some of the other women. I'm loving how she's taking Carolines digs the right way and not making a deal out of it to try make a fight. Their friendship is a unique one that I like watching grow. Her and Annabelle falling out was inevitable, they're polar opposites. I didn't get the underwear thing though - they were pink, not red, white or blue.

The other two, Marissa and Noelle, are background characters. They don't seem as strong as the others. It could be an age thing though. I can't really say much about them other than Marissa seems nice and seems to have a great marriage and Noelle is looking out for number one and always looks like she has the weight of the world on her shoulders. I could be totally wrong and she may love him but I get the feeling that she's marrying him and hoping it's true that he has money hidden, but she doesn't actually know for sure yet.

RHONY: ratings fell to 1.01 million last episode. I'm not sure there'll be a season 7 at this rate. There's 5 episodes left before the reunion and I'm not sure what they'll be like then, especially if they continue losing 100,000 a week as they have the past few weeks. I really hope they let the season finish and not cut it like Miami.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa just confirmed on Twitter she's back for season 5.

I wonder why the other women don't mention on twitter when they were confirmed weeks ago.
  • Options
    Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member

I wonder why the other women don't mention on twitter when they were confirmed weeks ago.

Because Lisa thinks its a big event that she's returning, while the others just got on with it. I'm already getting tired of Lisa, she's really been milking her fallout with Brandi and the other women. No doubt she'll continue to do so during the first few weeks of filming.

Apparently both Atlanta and Beverly Hills will begin filming next month, so I'm guessing they'll air together again. Probably best, maybe the viewers of Atlanta will travel over to Beverly Hills too.

So it's Brandi, Lisa, Kim, Kyle, Yolanda? I feel like there needs to be at least one more. I always see Kim as more of a half-Housewife seeming she's just kind of there most of the time, even if she does have some comedy gold now and again.
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member

Glad she signed on :)

I just hope its not another Lisa vs Brandi again I really cant take another season of Brandi Playing Victim.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    Glad she signed on :)

I just hope its not another Lisa vs Brandi again I really cant take another season of Brandi Playing Victim.

I think you mean Lisa playing victim. She played victim last season and has ever since it stopped airing. She's been a mess on Twitter. Up to last week she was still tweeting about the show and the other women and how she was treated...even Brandi hadn't tweeted about Lisa and the show for over a month and she's the shows serial tweeter.(except one denying she was in a feud with Lisa or Leann). She needs to get herself together before filming starts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because Lisa thinks its a big event that she's returning, while the others just got on with it. I'm already getting tired of Lisa, she's really been milking her fallout with Brandi and the other women. No doubt she'll continue to do so during the first few weeks of filming.

Apparently both Atlanta and Beverly Hills will begin filming next month, so I'm guessing they'll air together again. Probably best, maybe the viewers of Atlanta will travel over to Beverly Hills too.

So it's Brandi, Lisa, Kim, Kyle, Yolanda? I feel like there needs to be at least one more. I always see Kim as more of a half-Housewife seeming she's just kind of there most of the time, even if she does have some comedy gold now and again.

LOL she really does. I don't think many people even doubted she was returning. She needs the publicity and loves the fame as much as the others.

There will be one. It'll most likely be the Asian women or Camille. I assume Shiva turned them down and that's why they are testing the Asian women again. Taylor is back in Beverly Hills as of last week so I think she could be in the running for a part time role. I hope they add a bit of diversity in ethnicity to spice it up like Joyce did.

The thing with Kim is, when she can be bothered to turn up, she's great. However, she doesn't turn up very often. She's got her daughters engagement and wedding coming up and she's apparently dating again so she has two strong storylines to carry her. I love Kim so I'm glad she's back.

The other 4 need to bring a storyline too. Last season Kyle was the only one with one and it wasn't that great. Yolanda has her house hunting and move which if on the show could be good. Brandi is apparently homeless so that may be hers lol. Kyle and Lisa I'm not sure of - Kyles daughter is leaving so that may be hers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    Although I like Lisa and I am glad to hear she has signed on for Season 5, if she only complains and whines for the whole season, I'm done with her.
  • Options
    daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soapiej wrote: »
    Although I like Lisa and I am glad to hear she has signed on for Season 5, if she only complains and whines for the whole season, I'm done with her.

If there was a like button i'd be pressing it. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://allthingsrh.com/exclusive-camille-grammer-backs-filming-rhobh-season-5/

This really sucks that Camille is backing out. Once again the crazy 'fans' that over indulge in the shows and allow their lives to be consumed by it, and forget it's just a show, have ruined it for the viewers.

I have to say Lisa fans are definitely the worst offenders at the moment. The crap Kyle, Camille and Brandi got for going a night out was ridiculous. Some vile people were tweeting Camille wishing her cancer back and everything, it's gross.
  • Options
    XxSassyGirlXxXxSassyGirlXx Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D I'm thrilled that Lisa is back for next season. I cant imagine the show without her. I hope next season is an improvement on Season 4, it would have to be though, last season was a non-starter. Id love to see BH get back to its best.
    http://allthingsrh.com/exclusive-camille-grammer-backs-filming-rhobh-season-5/

This really sucks that Camille is backing out. Once again the crazy 'fans' that over indulge in the shows and allow their lives to be consumed by it, and forget it's just a show, have ruined it for the viewers.

I have to say Lisa fans are definitely the worst offenders at the moment. The crap Kyle, Camille and Brandi got for going a night out was ridiculous. Some vile people were tweeting Camille wishing her cancer back and everything, it's gross.

This. Its disgusting. When will people realise that at the end of the day its a tv show?! Its entertainment. People really need to get a grip. They ruin it for everyone else who genuinely enjoy the show for what it is >:(

I'm gutted Camille probably wont be back now :( I really though (and hoped) that she was going to be back for Season 5. Id have loved to see her back on the show, for me, she is definitely missed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree Sassy. Camille was probably the last hope at saving the ratings for Beverly Hills. I doubt another new girl will improve ratings. The last 4 have made ratings drop, starting in season 3.

The synopses for the rest of the New York season have been released. The finale is on 22 July. Aviva will not be in the next two episodes, she's back for an episode after that to announce she's taking time away from the group, then she misses another episode and returns for the finale. (According to Alex McCord, who has the scoop from Insiders - most likely Ramona as they still speak occasionally - Aviva takes her leg off and throws it.) I can totally see Reid not allowing Aviva back next season in any way. He seems so over the show in his few scenes.
  • Options
    dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Camille was so boring in S2. I doubt she'd "save" the ratings. (The ratings don't need to be saved anyway, they're perfectly fine for Bravo).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dillan wrote: »
    Camille was so boring in S2. I doubt she'd "save" the ratings. (The ratings don't need to be saved anyway, they're perfectly fine for Bravo).

She wasn't boring. She just wasn't as controversial as she was in season 1. A big part of season 2 focused on Camille's falling out with Taylor and she was the one who brought the abuse topic into main storyline during Lisa's tea party. Season 3 was she was a friend but still managed to get mixed in the drama - ie. Falling out with Lisa and Yolanda in Vegas. Her main draw is her money and her multiple multi - million dollar homes anyway.

The ratings do need to be saved. They are good for Bravo but not so good for housewives and definitely bad for Beverly Hills housewives. Last season rated even lower than season 1, which is a major problem, especially if they continue to decline. It's best to sort these things out rather than leave them and hope they fix themselves...like New York and Miami has done.
  • Options
    Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    Well the first good sign is that BH isn't going on a long hiatus like NYC and Miami did, they'll probably end up airing in November again.

Camille not returning doesn't seem like a huge big deal but I think it would of been good anyway. Camille, with her recent troubles, would of kind of put the happiness back in the show a little (With her overcoming Cancer - not the whole boyfriend mess). But her not returning seems good seeming she's only recently recovered. I'd say she might have a Guest appearance though, maybe returning the following season.
  • Options
    BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    I watched some old Beverly Hills back recently and I have to say the major problem the show has now isn't who's in the cast, it's the ''storylines''. They just didn't feel real in Season 4. In earlier seasons there were topics of alcoholism, abuse, divorce, infidelity, suicide etc. Real issues and real problems that a lot of people can relate to in some way. Not witches, spells and the supposed planting of a magazine in a handbag! Having said that, the earlier seasons obviously did have those making-a-mountain-out-of-a-molehill moments too but those were often just the light that balanced out the shade.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched some old Beverly Hills back recently and I have to say the major problem the show has now isn't who's in the cast, it's the ''storylines''. They just didn't feel real in Season 4. In earlier seasons there were topics of alcoholism, abuse, divorce, infidelity, suicide etc. Real issues and real problems that a lot of people can relate to in some way. Not witches, spells and the supposed planting of a magazine in a handbag! Having said that, the earlier seasons obviously did have those making-a-mountain-out-of-a-molehill moments too but those were often just the light that balanced out the shade.

I'm 100% in agreement. Another problem last season was forcing issues with people to get a storyline. (I.e. Brandi at the beginning of her Lisa fall out & Carlton with Kyle)

The producers, imo, took a chance last season to try and bring in a younger crowd and it backfired. The biggest example of this was the over sexualisation of Carlton, they could have taken her from a different interesting angle but instead they tried to make her edgey and Vanderpump Rules material and that made people ff through her scenes and not want her on the show. It's a shame because Carlton could have been a great asset if her and the producers didn't mess up her chance.

There was nothing about Joyce's life away from the women that we were shown, except during the Puerto Rico trip - which is why I think she was originally only supposed to be a friend but got boosted last minute when they realised how bad Carlton was tanking within the group. Joyce could still have been great for the show if she returned. Mind you, I still think they should have brought Marisa back for last season.
  • Options
    daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught up with the Bravo shows and still loving The OC and NYC.
    I can't get away with Ladies Of London though, it's boring to me although I love the way London looks, which for me is the star of the show. I think i'm gonna leave it, as it's doubtful there will be a reunion or another season as the ratings stink!
    Still loving Shannon on the OC, the discussion over whether David should take some water to bed with him was hilarious.
    Aviva on NYC, is starting to grate on me as she is coming across so fake. As if she has asthma. Funny though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How many episodes are there for Ladies Of London?

Been watching some season 4 of Ny today and it annoys me they axed 4 of them in one full swoop! I mean Cindy was the weakest of them all so i could understood that but Jill and Alex and even loopy Kelly? :/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    How many episodes are there for Ladies Of London?

Been watching some season 4 of Ny today and it annoys me they axed 4 of them in one full swoop! I mean Cindy was the weakest of them all so i could understood that but Jill and Alex and even loopy Kelly? :/

It hasn't been said. I image between 8 and 12, which is the standard. It find it annoying when they don't say how many episodes are in the season.

I don't get it either. They could have just fired 2 of them or fired Cindy and either Kelly or Alex.

Poor Kelly though, she loses her marbles in season 2 + 3 but then when she finally gets herself together and re enters the real world in season 4, she gets the boot.
  • Options
    brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was nothing about Joyce's life away from the women that we were shown, except during the Puerto Rico trip - which is why I think she was originally only supposed to be a friend but got boosted last minute when they realised how bad Carlton was tanking within the group.
    I'm pretty sure Joyce was placed on the show by NBC as part of a cross promotional deal connected to Siberia (Michaels show starring Joyce). One of the conditions of NBC buying Siberia was Joyce and Michael agreeing to be placed on sister stations Real Housewives of Beverley Hills.

As you suggest it's clear that Joyce had a great contract where her planned stories were trips and only showing what they wanted in regards to their family. Also the way Joyce was allowed to speak about the show and the producers backstage antics is kinda unprecedented. Their attitude smacked of someone who were really playing with the big NBC boys so the Bravo boys didn't really matter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And oh my god. I just found out that Tania from season 2 of Atlanta is the mother of Kordell's son.

I loved Tania.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone surprised about Camille? The minute it was announced her ex boyfriend is suing her I knew she wouldn't return.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Im not surprised she aint coming back but Im not gutted over it, she is a good person to have on the show but tbh I think her peak was season 2. BH needs to get some super rich women and i wish they would just drop Brandi she does not have the Beverly Hills Life and is only on the show because of the drama she creates. To think i was a fan of Brandi when she first came on :/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Brandi is totally Beverley Hills. She is the archetypal bitter ex wife a d-list actor... you don't get much more Beverley Hills than that.

I think the problem with the 'super rich' is that even if they find a woman to take the role it's getting the husband and family to also take part. David Gebbia was the perfect example of this, the Gebbia's are probably the wealthiest couple the show has ever had (or at least tying with the Grammers) but David showed little interest in being anything other than background. I think this was ultimately what got Carlton the boot, she was unpopular and also didn't have the family stuff to try and do the usual 'Housewife redeemed' second season arc.

I know the same could be said for David Foster but at least he has a lot of celeb pals and parties and enjoys showing off at them even if he steers clear of the Housewife stuff.