Christopher appreciation thread

Comments

• Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Selena wrote: »
    Mark trying to create drama about the interview on twitter. :cool:

I just tweeted him the link to the Daily Star interview from a few weeks ago asking him why is he allowed to give interviews like that but has a problem with Christopher's attitude interview (hypocrite if you ask me).

I knew he'd have that reaction. So predictable. ^_^

Good on you for tweeting that interview. It's ok for him to dump Christopher to the press but Christopher can't have an opinion? Ridiculous.
  • Options
    DLcastoffDLcastoff Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice interview with Attitude. I didn't think Mark came off too badly there so not sure what he's getting his knickers in a twist over. Probably jealous that attitude didn't interview him or something.
  • Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remma wrote: »
    http://attitude.co.uk/big-brothers-christopher-mark-weight-issues-and-madonna/

A link to Christopher's interview for Attitude magazine.
    Thanks for posting that.

I do love his honesty and what he said fits in with stuff he said in the house also. Plus when they asked about the focus group thing, you could so see he was sick of the doormat thing, it made sense he would be too! You really couldn't blame him. I'm just so glad he got through the first couple of weeks and stayed true to himself until the end. Shows how strong he is when he did feel things were bad, he didn't moan or bitch, just carried on. Good for him.

Not surprised Mark thought it was ok to slag off Christophers mates, you could just see him expecting Christopher to agree. I'm very glad he doesn't seem to be having much to do with Mark, I don't think any good would come from him seeing Mark, he is so full of himself and everything being the Mark show, no one else really matters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DLcastoff wrote: »
    Nice interview with Attitude. I didn't think Mark came off too badly there so not sure what he's getting his knickers in a twist over. Probably jealous that attitude didn't interview him or something.

I can imagine Christophers come out of the house and reviewed his relationship with Mark and how destructive it was. I mean, it was sweet in places but they did bring out the worst in each other.

Mark having a go at Christophers mates twitter or elsewhere, was a bad move on his part. Also dumping him to the press like that. He should have spoke to him first.

Everything Christopher said in that interview was spot on. Mark could not make decisions himself and constantly needed validation from Helen. The gameplayer task was proof of that. He was fine with Christopher UNTIL he spoke to Helen.

He also constantly undermined Christopher in front of Helen and showed him absolutely no loyalty.
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member

Thanks for the link:) it's a decent interview.
  • Options
    RemmaRemma Posts: 4,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Probably pissed that Christopher dumped him with way more class then he dumped Christopher, and in a considerably better publication.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    I can imagine Christophers come out of the house and reviewed his relationship with Mark and how destructive it was. I mean, it was sweet in places but they did bring out the worst in each other.

Mark having a go at Christophers mates twitter or elsewhere, was a bad move on his part. Also dumping him to the press like that. He should have spoke to him first.

Everything Christopher said in that interview was spot on. Mark could not make decisions himself and constantly needed validation from Helen. The gameplayer task was proof of that. He was fine with Christopher UNTIL he spoke to Helen.

He also constantly undermined Christopher in front of Helen and showed him absolutely no loyalty.
    It shows that Christopher was spot on about Mark not being the most trustworthy or loyal HM (well out of 3!) and I'm really glad he did say that. To me that really showed his honesty and I do like a bit of honesty in my HM's!!! Christopher pretty much stuck to what he said in the DR or to Mark. So glad that despite his body image problems, he believes in what he says and who he is,

He also did bring up with Mark about saying things after he spoke to Helen. I'm pretty sure Helen hated the idea of someone who she saw as a no one, Christopher, having any say about anything, especially over someone she for reasons unknown only to her, she thought was better than Christopher. It kind of shoes how weak and pathetic Mark was.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jende wrote: »
    It shows that Christopher was spot on about Mark not being the most trustworthy or loyal HM (well out of 3!) and I'm really glad he did say that. To me that really showed his honesty and I do like a bit of honesty in my HM's!!! Christopher pretty much stuck to what he said in the DR or to Mark. So glad that despite his body image problems, he believes in what he says and who he is,

He also did bring up with Mark about saying things after he spoke to Helen. I'm pretty sure Helen hated the idea of someone who she saw as a no one, Christopher, having any say about anything, especially over someone she for reasons unknown only to her, she thought was better than Christopher. It kind of shoes how weak and pathetic Mark was.

It really did.

Christopher, in that house showed himself to be an articulate, intelligent young man with great people skills and a willingness to give people chances and a fair go.

Mark on the other hand, infatile, disloyal, indecisve, a utter drama queen and Helens bum chum.

He was incapable of thinking outside of Helen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably pissed that Christopher dumped him with way more class then he dumped Christopher, and in a considerably better publication.
    Plus he was as well saying he basically did what Helen said and was over the top alot. But that's how it was, Mark needs to really have a think about what was said and wonder whether the truth is something he really needs to have a look at in himself, if he was offended by it.

I would imagine he wanted Christopher to sing his praise. If you think about it, many saw Christopher as quite honest and not one to bitch hardly ever, so it kind of makes you feel his words do have a lot of truth to them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plus he was as well saying he basically did what Helen said and was over the top alot. But that's how it was, Mark needs to really have a think about what was said and wonder whether the truth is something he really needs to have a look at in himself, if he was offended by it.

I would imagine he wanted Christopher to sing his praise. If you think about it, many saw Christopher as quite honest and not one to bitch hardly ever, so it kind of makes you feel his words do have a lot of truth to them.

Absolutely

Just going back to Helens argument with Matthew for example, all Mark did was shout that he wanted people to stop argueing but did he defend Matthew? Absolutely not. Because its queen Helen. Mark wouldn't have anything bad said against her and he'd chose her over Christopher (and Matthew) every time. Mark is incapable of being objective.

His expereince in the house showed up the flaws in his persona. Christopher was very honest with him about that in his house, as he is in that interview. That exactly how I saw it too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    Absolutely

Just going back to Helens argument with Matthew for example, all Mark did was shout that he wanted people to stop argueing but did he defend Matthew? Absolutely not. Because its queen Helen. Mark wouldn't have anything bad said against her and he'd chose her over Christopher (and Matthew) every time. Mark is incapable of being objective.

His expereince in the house showed up the flaws in his persona. Christopher was very honest with him about that in his house, as he is in that interview. That exactly how I saw it too.
    I think he thought that Helen and her cronies were the strongest people in the house and he wanted in. Also his mates with everyone to me always seemed really false, I never felt that vibe from him, more it was words for affect (ie I'm everyones mate you can't evict me) that any heartfelt want or belief!
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Many thanks Remma for posting this interview, it was so Christopher and whilst I was reading it I could imagine him saying those words and visualised him the whole time. It was a lovely, honest interview and it was very sad reading about his low esteem and body image of himself. In some ways Christopher is a very confident speaker but in others quite insecure!
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree with you Jen, Mark was untrustworthy and not at all loyal in any way or form and I admire the fact that Christopher was honest and up front about it. Plus Christopher was spot on when he said that Helen constantly interfered with Marks and his relationship and she did try to cause a constant divide between them.

But what was most telling and funny in his interview when he basically said he could not have any real conversation with Mark.(about current affairs etc) Basically calling him thick, which is totally true!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    Christopher's Attitude interview is great but I'm not sure about his choice of friends if they're all like Carl. I believe it was him who started the Twitter spat with the girl who was running Mark's account at the time? I'm a Christopher fan but also a fan of Mark and enjoyed watching their relationship despite all the bickering. I always take the Daily Star with a pinch of salt, I remember the article suggesting Mark had dumped Christopher but not providing any quotes or evidence of it. Personally I think it's a shame if they don't stay in contact but their friends seems to hate each other so it's looking that way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many thanks Remma for posting this interview, it was so Christopher and whilst I was reading it I could imagine him saying those words and visualised him the whole time. It was a lovely, honest interview and it was very sad reading about his low esteem and body image of himself. In some ways Christopher is a very confident speaker but in others quite insecure!

See that's another reason why I like Christopher, I really get that not liking your body but can be quite confident and very determined about what you think, that's me :D. It was a great interview and confirmed we once again all have excellent taste in HM's :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    Christopher's Attitude interview is great but I'm not sure about his choice of friends if they're all like Carl. I believe it was him who started the Twitter spat with the girl who was running Mark's account at the time? I'm a Christopher fan but also a fan of Mark and enjoyed watching their relationship despite all the bickering. I always take the Daily Star with a pinch of salt, I remember thi he article suggesting Mark had dumped Christopher but not providing any quotes or evidence of it. Personally I think it's a shame if they don't stay in contact but their friends seems to hate each other so it's looking that way.

Hi, have been following Christopher on twitter quite a bit and marks cousin had a row with Christopher's fan page not the one run by Carl, infact Carl asked the fan page not to use the @markbyron tag because it was disrespectful
    Marks cousin was pretty nasty not just to Christopher look at her tweets on her own page to other housemates she said she wanted Danielle to be run over by a bus , they took the piss out of Christopher's clothes called Chris a peado etc, Mark has a really horrible bunch of friends and family no wonder he was so terrified about how he would look to his mates kissing Christopher etc
    The daily star was not the only article where Mark was nasty about Christopher, during his facebook chat interview he said that it was just a drunken snog and that he was told that Christopher was his downfall, the quotes in the daily mail was that he regretted ever kissing Christopher that he was just loney that he would never date him etc He said that Christopher had talked badly about him in the diary room and his cousin had called him names he didn't want to repeat. In ok mag he took the piss out of Christopher's date picnic saying he must have been effing drunk to ever consider that.
    Mark was pretty awful to Christopher in the house, he never showed affection, never chose him for treats, talked down to him, never ever listened to him, excluded him from the knowledge when Matthew spoke to him because Helen told him to, and when he told him to shut up in that aggressive way after he had chosen to take the 5 grand in the power task was disgusting. The way he loved to humiliate him in front of Helen, calling him a thief threatening to nominate him, how he called him a wasp behind his back etc
    I don't get mark, I think he's very shallow, more than a bit stupid and completely influenced by who his mates think is cool. He needs to grow up a lot, Christopher has a masters degree, he used to write for chanel 4 news and mark thinks the conservatory party is a thing? And is going to get his hideous eyebrows permanently tattooed to his face.
    It was fascinating, cringey, and sometimes hideous to watch but in the real world that just wouldn't work ever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you Jen, Mark was untrustworthy and not at all loyal in any way or form and I admire the fact that Christopher was honest and up front about it. Plus Christopher was spot on when he said that Helen constantly interfered with Marks and his relationship and she did try to cause a constant divide between them.

But what was most telling and funny in his interview when he basically said he could not have any real conversation with Mark.(about current affairs etc) Basically calling him thick, which is totally true!!!!
    I thought maybe because I'm not really a girly girl and couldn't find anything more tedious than talking about make up, eyebrows, clothes or fake tan that maybe I was just missing the real excitement of these topics but when he used to talk to Zoe it all seemed really shallow and strange. Like they were having a serious discussion about something so not important! But I guess each to their own.

I don't really like to call people stupid, cos I've knocked around long enough to see it takes all levels of intelligence to keep the world moving, but it is a fair enough point Christopher made and he did it very subtly. I think chatting to Mark I'd be desperate for non shallow talk, I dunno how Christopher put up with it for so long. I guess though people don't have to supply all your 'needs' and I think he supplied Christopher at first with more of a fun side. Not sure it was that towards the end though. He did think that Mark was eccentric, but I wonder now if he sees it more as attention seeker than ecentric?
    Christopher's Attitude interview is great but I'm not sure about his choice of friends if they're all like Carl. I believe it was him who started the Twitter spat with the girl who was running Mark's account at the time? I'm a Christopher fan but also a fan of Mark and enjoyed watching their relationship despite all the bickering. I always take the Daily Star with a pinch of salt, I remember the article suggesting Mark had dumped Christopher but not providing any quotes or evidence of it. Personally I think it's a shame if they don't stay in contact but their friends seems to hate each other so it's looking that way.
    I didn't know about a twitter spat I just heard something about a row at Marks's eviction, but to be honest, I hated the way Mark treated Christopher, so I assumed that's what it was all about. I think with me, I wasn't that keen on Mark from the beginning. I just felt nothing ran deep and it was all very superficial, saying he was friends with all the Hm's as tactics not the truth. I would really like to know what the real Mark is like. i think a lot of it is an act, but not just for BB. I'm sure there's some interesting back stories but as they don't fit into his persona they're not mentioned. Guess we'll never know though (and yes that is the nosey side of me that thinks people have lots of layers and things that effect who they become and I could be totally wrong!) :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moleymo wrote: »
    Hi, have been following Christopher on twitter quite a bit and marks cousin had a row with Christopher's fan page not the one run by Carl, infact Carl asked the fan page not to use the @markbyron tag because it was disrespectful
    Marks cousin was pretty nasty not just to Christopher look at her tweets on her own page to other housemates she said she wanted Danielle to be run over by a bus , they took the piss out of Christopher's clothes called Chris a peado etc, Mark has a really horrible bunch of friends and family no wonder he was so terrified about how he would look to his mates kissing Christopher etc
    The daily star was not the only article where Mark was nasty about Christopher, during his facebook chat interview he said that it was just a drunken snog and that he was told that Christopher was his downfall, the quotes in the daily mail was that he regretted ever kissing Christopher that he was just loney that he would never date him etc He said that Christopher had talked badly about him in the diary room and his cousin had called him names he didn't want to repeat. In ok mag he took the piss out of Christopher's date picnic saying he must have been effing drunk to ever consider that.
    Mark was pretty awful to Christopher in the house, he never showed affection, never chose him for treats, talked down to him, never ever listened to him, excluded him from the knowledge when Matthew spoke to him because Helen told him to, and when he told him to shut up in that aggressive way after he had chosen to take the 5 grand in the power task was disgusting. The way he loved to humiliate him in front of Helen, calling him a thief threatening to nominate him, how he called him a wasp behind his back etc
    I don't get mark, I think he's very shallow, more than a bit stupid and completely influenced by who his mates think is cool. He needs to grow up a lot, Christopher has a masters degree, he used to write for chanel 4 news and mark thinks the conservatory party is a thing? And is going to get his hideous eyebrows permanently tattooed to his face.
    It was fascinating, cringey, and sometimes hideous to watch but in the real world that just wouldn't work ever.

And yes, this as well:D I realy hated the way Mark treated Christopher like many of the HM's did as someone so not important. You could say what you wanted to Christopher, after all, it was only Christopher, his feeling never taken into consideration. Mark did go along with this, which is a shame, because then maybe Christopher would've seen some loyalty and trusted him. But I guess that was one of the big problems with the HM's this year, no one wanted to speak out of line when it came to Helen and Pauline. It's actually quite alarming really, they all let it go no doubt because they were happy it wasn't be fired at them. Sad state of affairs really.
  • Options
    da33431da33431 Posts: 48,932
    Forum Member

Fantastic and insightful interview, thank you for sharing :) Helen sounds even more unbearable to me now!!
  • Options
    BeeBumbleBeeBumble Posts: 5,925
    Forum Member

It was a fan page Mark's cousin was arguing with. Run by someone who didn't know Christopher personally. For the most part Christopher's friends were pretty neutral on the Mark issue on twitter. Maybe a couple of tweets on how they're going to talk to Christopher when he got out but that's about it.
  • Options
    BeeBumbleBeeBumble Posts: 5,925
    Forum Member
    Thought I'd see what the other ex housemates are up to on twitter. Danielle still arguing with Helen fans! Even Helen's given up on that one.

Helen and Ash appear to be an item even though he wasn't interested until she won the money. Is it bad I'm thinking it'll be quite funny if he conned her out her 100 grand and used it to pay for a big gay wedding for him and Winston! :D

As for Christopher he's just chatting to his young fans about their GCSE results.:)
  • Options
    DLcastoffDLcastoff Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    https://twitter.com/chrishall9011/status/502815342226571264

Latest tweet from Christopher. He's looking gorgeous!
  • Options
    RemmaRemma Posts: 4,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://bigbrother.channel5.com/statement

BB have released this statement. They must have received a truckload of complaints for them to do this, as they wouldn't normally explain anything. Twitter reaction is lukewarm at the moment. Interesting that Pauline had no idea what would happen with Helen. I have to wonder if the golden pass would still have been given if another HM had been chosen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://bigbrother.channel5.com/statement

BB have released this statement. They must have received a truckload of complaints for them to do this, as they wouldn't normally explain anything. Twitter reaction is lukewarm at the moment. Interesting that Pauline had no idea what would happen with Helen. I have to wonder if the golden pass would still have been given if another HM had been chosen.
    Pauline did know she was giving Helen the pass. It was the Matthew/Mark, treat or not treat she didn't know what they would get. Have to say finding it hard to believe Ashleigh got 75k plus votes over Christopher, let alone Helen getting 80k plus votes over him!!! I think I was more shocked by the amount that actually voted :o Although I guess with multi voting the actually amount of people voting was most prob a lot less. I thought there'd be like 10 to 20K at the most, but thinking about it they most probably wouldn't want to do the show if it was that little. .
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    https://twitter.com/chrishall9011/status/502815342226571264

Latest tweet from Christopher. He's looking gorgeous!

He really does.