Ella Henderson needs to delay second single!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
Forum Member
✭✭
Ghost is still absolutely massive and still in the top 5 and the new single's release date is less than a month away. I think she will be a victim of her own success if Glow isn't delayed. Radio are still heavily promoting Ghost! I think an October/November release date would be better which could coincide with an XF performance.

Comments

• Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see what your saying but it could be too her advantage. With one popular but by now old single people like me want more. If she delays she may well lose momentum and stall. It's been an a ge in pop since ghost was released it's time now for single #2.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delaying the single would mean delaying the album and that wouldn't be good for any party. Ghost might still be doing very well but it could mean that by the time Ghost is released, she could have 2 songs in the top 10, which would be excellent promotion for the album.
  • hadjilouca05hadjilouca05 Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    With her single being released on 14th September at the same time as Sigma's new single, she could end up with a #2 single, considering the promotion Sigma's new single is getting all over the radio.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is Glow doing on radio, has Capital, Heart, Radio 1 & 2 playlisted it? I love it and hope its huge.
    Forum Member
    I've only heard it once or twice on Capital.
  • Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like Glow as much as Ghost so for that reason alone, I wish she'd hold off until she has a worthy successor to her first smashing song.
  • Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see Glow being #1 or #2. I think it might hit the top 5 based on the success of Ghost, but it's very weak I think. I prefer Missed to Glow.
  • Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't see Glow being #1 or #2. I think it might hit the top 5 based on the success of Ghost, but it's very weak I think. I prefer Missed to Glow.

Agree with every word.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like Glow as much as Ghost so for that reason alone, I wish she'd hold off until she has a worthy successor to her first smashing song.

I agree. Glow is a very weak follow-up to Ghost.
  • Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glow is an okay song but it isn't on the same level as "Ghost" or anywhere near it :(

Still going to buy the album though :)
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dory353 wrote: »
    Ghost is still absolutely massive and still in the top 5 and the new single's release date is less than a month away. I think she will be a victim of her own success if Glow isn't delayed. Radio are still heavily promoting Ghost! I think an October/November release date would be better which could coincide with an XF performance.

This is silly. In the US charts some artists can have up to three singles in the charts. There is nothing wrong with 2. It's maybe something that doesn't happen here often but there is nothing wrong with it.
  • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    This is silly. In the US charts some artists can have up to three singles in the charts. There is nothing wrong with 2. It's maybe something that doesn't happen here often but there is nothing wrong with it.

There's nothing wrong with it at all, it's absolutely awesome if you have a few songs chart at once. It's more about 'Glow' suffering from it's predecessor's success... I guess purely because Ghost is just pretty huge, it might overshadow the fact there's a new single (which she'll be promoting). Although, it could go the other way, people may be like "oh she has both these songs out AND the album?" and just buy the album instead of purchasing Glow...

(On second thought, it probably isn't a bad thing haha)
    Forum Member
    In some cases, the successor will drop out of the top 40 before the predecessor. With Naughty Boy last year, his single "Lifted" dropped out if the top 40 before the predecessing single "La La La"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, both the single and the album have been pushed back a few weeks.

Glow is now out on the 5th October and the album is out the week after on the 13th.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    Yeah, it was announced on twitter. I think its brilliant, gives time for Ghost to disappear so the focus can be on Glow. Now, it stands a good chance of being successful.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What were the original release dates?
    Forum Member
    The original release dates were 7th September for "Glow" and 22nd September for Chapter One. Chapter One is now being released on 13th October, same day as Jessie J's third album Sweet Talker. Jessie J now needs to change the release date of her album or she will lose the #1 position like she did with her other albums.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The original release dates were 7th September for "Glow" and 22nd September for Chapter One. Chapter One is now being released on 13th October, same day as Jessie J's third album Sweet Talker. Jessie J now needs to change the release date of her album or she will lose the #1 position like she did with her other albums.

I understand what you mean but it can't be the case that we have one big new release every week. There is going to be overlaps.
    Forum Member
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    I understand what you mean but it can't be the case that we have one big new release every week. There is going to be overlaps.

And not forgetting the Christmas market. Every artist will be releasing their album 'round that time which means not every one of those artists will be walking away with a #1 album.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member
    Are they pushing it all back for an X Factor performance by any chance?
  • steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Are they pushing it all back for an X Factor performance by any chance?

Could be as wont the 11/12 October be the first live show ??
  • SnowyfaceSnowyface Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me or does the girl singing Glow sound nothing like Ella? Struggling to believe its her :o
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member
    steve2013 wrote: »
    Could be as wont the 11/12 October be the first live show ??

I don't watch it but I would imagine that it will be around that time, yes.
  • gemmaovwales03gemmaovwales03 Posts: 7,183
    Forum Member
    I've just got around to listening to the album sampler I haven't been this excited about an album in ages. I can't wait to get my hands on it :) No delaying singles get it out then the album asap!