Options

I am actually embarrassed by Hollyoaks

nightwish1990nightwish1990 Posts: 1,525
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Kathleen McQueen is by far the worst character in Hollyoaks. As if bringing Jorgie "I am crap at acting even by Hollyoaks standards" Porter wasnt bad enough they go and bring in this moron.

Jorgie Porter is an awful actress who should really try and find a mew career perhaps something she is good at.

Good job that Jennifer Metcalfe is leaving as she is another embarrassment to the job of actor. I am willing to bet my life savings that this talentless woman will be back in Hollyoaks within the year when she realises that she wont get another job.

Rant over

Comments

• Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you omitted to say why kathleen is a bad character

as for the personal attacks on the jenifer metcalfe and jorgie thats just not classy. do you know them both personally?

I like mercedes as a character, feel she has gone round in circles with every fella but some women are like that.

i don't get the hate for teresa, i like her ditzy ways. with carmel going it will definately be needed. can't wait to see what the new mcqueens are like
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Kathleen as a temporary character.
    Theresa isn't great
    I really like Mercedes and I think Jennifer Metcalfe is a great actress and I hope she does find good work as she deserves it.
  • Options
    nightwish1990nightwish1990 Posts: 1,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread can now include Big Bob
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    I agree with you about Kathleen but Jorgie porter is as bad as people make out, she isn't the greatest actress but she definatly isn't the worst. As for Jenifer Metcalfe, when she is given proper storylines, she is actually quite a good actress and is certainly not 'an embarrassment'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread can now include Big Bob

Someone is not scared by Big Bob I think that could truly offend some people I even heard some people had to get counseling not me I've just been wetting my bed for v weeks.
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone is not scared by Big Bob I think that could truly offend some people I even heard some people had to get counseling not me I've just been wetting my bed for v weeks.

Big Bob is as scary as flipping SpongeBob! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »
    Big Bob is as scary as flipping SpongeBob! :D

Go tell that to the people in counseling because of Robert Gupter.
  • Options
    Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    This episode has got to have been the worse Hollyoaks episode I've ever seen.
  • Options
    BellaroooBellarooo Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only McQueen I liked was Jacqui and Carmel was ok.
  • Options
    D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kathleen McQueen is by far the worst character in Hollyoaks. As if bringing Jorgie "I am crap at acting even by Hollyoaks standards" Porter wasnt bad enough they go and bring in this moron.

Jorgie Porter is an awful actress who should really try and find a mew career perhaps something she is good at.

Good job that Jennifer Metcalfe is leaving as she is another embarrassment to the job of actor. I am willing to bet my life savings that this talentless woman will be back in Hollyoaks within the year when she realises that she wont get another job.

Rant over

I disagree. Jen is a brilliant actress! And I hope u are right in saying she will probably return in a year!

Kathleen McQueen isn't a bad actress either.

Jorgie - well okay she isn't the best actress in the world but she's no where near as bad you are making out. She plays Theresa in a good way. I don't think it's her acting that's bad but the way Theresa is portrayed (if that makes sence).
  • Options
    D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought the E4 episode was one of the best I've seen this year!

I've really enjoyed more focus on the Blakes/McQueens/Trevor and Grace.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm more embarrassed by this post.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    emily_xxx wrote: »
    I agree with you about Kathleen but Jorgie porter is as bad as people make out, she isn't the greatest actress but she definatly isn't the worst. As for Jenifer Metcalfe, when she is given proper storylines, she is actually quite a good actress and is certainly not 'an embarrassment'
    *isn't
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Exactly!!
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you are embarrassed, switch it off
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was more embarrased by the first look parody like episode on E4 . One of the worst episodes of Hollyoaks I've ever watched. It was that bad.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member

Seconded.
  • Options
    Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    I don't think it's always the characters in a show at fault
    Bad writing and sloppy characterisation doesn't help
  • Options
    Purple.Purple. Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sick of the McQueens, especially with returning and new family members coming soon.
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Spot on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All it is for Thresea is bad writing, ok her acting isn't the worst but she seemed 10 times better then monotone liberty savage. They need to move Thresea away from the silly little girl role and develop her more as a character.

But I wouldn't go as far to say the whole show is embarrassing, it's does need do improvement but I'm still enjoying it at the mo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that was an easy throwaway comment to make. How exactly is she a bad character, you never explained? She's supposed to be unlikeable - that's the point of her. But that is what makes me enjoy seeing her now and again, I was very much looking forward to her return this time around. And the actress isn't bad.
  • Options
    davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    Kathleen is a decent guest character, actually felt sorry for her last night. Jorgie is awful don't know why they are bringing her back, lock her up for good and let carmel raise Kathleen angel
    I think the mcqueens are finished, why bring in new mcqueens? even john paul who I used to like bugs me these days
  • Options
    soapnutsoapnut Posts: 6,907
    Forum Member

I couldn't agree more. I almost died of cringe. Pantomime is praising it too much.

EVERYTHING seems to revolve around blackmail now with EVERY character in order to shuffle the plots and storylines along without substance, it'd absurd! >:(
  • Options
    lexstarlexstar Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurgh McQueens- Jaqui was the only tolerable one....I even grew to like Myra but this stupid family comes first above the law attitude just makes me wanna scream.