Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    whose pills were they Kylie had ? Was they Max's ? don't say we have a Sharon EE pill s/line coming up, her being addicted to pills ( watch out Gail she will be like Joe and raiding the cabinets :D)
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    whose pills were they Kylie had ? Was they Max's ? don't say we have a Sharon EE pill s/line coming up, her being addicted to pills ( watch out Gail she will be like Joe and raiding the cabinets :D)

Yea they were Max's.Kylie made a big thing about David leaving them out incase the baby got hold of them and we saw her put them in the kitchen cupboard. Then as soon as the baby who we rarely see starts crying shes off to the cupboard?? doesnt make any sense why she would want to take Max.s tablets unless she was going to slip one to the baby to stop her from crying.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LaineyT wrote: »
    Yea they were Max's.Kylie made a big thing about David leaving them out incase the baby got hold of them and we saw her put them in the kitchen cupboard. Then as soon as the baby who we rarely see starts crying shes off to the cupboard?? doesnt make any sense why she would want to take Max.s tablets unless she was going to slip one to the baby to stop her from crying.

That's what I thought she was going to do...
  • lovedoctor1978lovedoctor1978 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LaineyT wrote: »
    That's what I thought she was going to do...

Me too. Its obvious thats whats coming up from the convo they all had earlier in the episode about max taking his pill then 10 minutes later being quiet and chilled out.
  • MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too. Its obvious thats whats coming up from the convo they all had earlier in the episode about max taking his pill then 10 minutes later being quiet and chilled out.

They take a sensitive story line, over simplify it, use an inadequate child actor to portray it then insult ADHD sufferers and their carers by inferring there's a magic bullet with a ten minute fix.
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Meldrewman wrote: »
    They take a sensitive story line, over simplify it, use an inadequate child actor to portray it then insult ADHD sufferers and their carers by inferring there's a magic bullet with a ten minute fix.

They also had Max miraculously calmed down within minutes of taking his first pill. I don't know much about ADHD treatment, but surely, like most pills, it'd take time for it to get into Max's system to have the full effect? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel94 wrote: »
    They also had Max miraculously calmed down within minutes of taking his first pill. I don't know much about ADHD treatment, but surely, like most pills, it'd take time for it to get into Max's system to have the full effect? :confused:

So true! That's what I meant about the 10 minute fix - but I think I was a little generous allowing 10 minutes! He seemed to calm down as the pill was swallowed!

(PS. I'm really concerned that Corrie SORs are giving me OEMD - Overuse of Exclamation Mark Disorder)!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

(PS. I'm really concerned that Corrie SORs are giving me OEMD - Overuse of Exclamation Mark Disorder)!!!

I'm just glad they dont have the "rolley eyed" smiley anymore. I would have used it in overdrive on this thread! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel94 wrote: »

That was totally ridiculous. They gave him his pill and all stood around looking at their watches saying stuff like "well it's been an hour now, is it working" - daft doesn't even begin to cover it >:(
  • Shady_Pines1Shady_Pines1 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I work with vulnerable children and many of them have ADHD and are prescribed Ritalin which does not have a calming effect on non ADHD patients. In non-ADHD adult abuse of methylphenidate the user can become euphoric and over stimulated. Another poorly researched, sensationalist storyline ahoy peeps. Oh joy.
  • fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    <just watched Wednesdays> the Kateh and Kylie argument about being kept waiting. Let's split the difference and say she'd been waiting 15 mins. She then says to forget the whole thing she's got to go and pick up Joorsiph. So she'd only allowed for 15 mins to get her nails done? I'm usually there at least 45!

Speaking of Joorsiph, we got any overdue glimpse of him when Fizz asked Kateh to watch the girls. Isn't he supposed to be about two? He looked the size of my friends five year old :D
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fayemian wrote: »
    <just watched Wednesdays> the Kateh and Kylie argument about being kept waiting. Let's split the difference and say she'd been waiting 15 mins. She then says to forget the whole thing she's got to go and pick up Joorsiph. So she'd only allowed for 15 mins to get her nails done? I'm usually there at least 45!

Speaking of Joorsiph, we got any overdue glimpse of him when Fizz asked Kateh to watch the girls. Isn't he supposed to be about two? He looked the size of my friends five year old :D

Lilleh is one and yet she doesn't look anywhere near it!
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The hen party in the salon.

Normally all the customers are Mrs someone or other having a blue rinse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »

Normally all the customers are Mrs someone or other having a blue rinse.

The hen party chose the back street salon, who normally does blue rinses, instead of a trendy salon in town. Really??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The hen party chose the back street salon, who normally does blue rinses, instead of a trendy salon in town. Really??

It's The Wonderful Weatherfield Premium Package ...

Blue Rinse at Audrey's

Pint and Hotpot lunch at t'Rovers

Tour of The Knicker Factory

Dinner and Cabaret - latest Nick and Leanne punch up - at The Bistro

... and a souvenir hair dryer from Barlow's Buys - they must have some lefr!
  • bbfiveneverbbfivenever Posts: 1,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tip for Lloyd and Andrea;

Invite the ex hubby round for dinner, and just start having sex on the table whilst he's waiting for the starter.

He maybe a psycho but I doubt he'll be into it...
  • c120701c120701 Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kylie was doing the books for the salon. Blimey, that's a stretch.
  • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »

So many extras with speaking parts tonight! Someone must have given them an extra budget :D
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I work with vulnerable children and many of them have ADHD and are prescribed Ritalin which does not have a calming effect on non ADHD patients. In non-ADHD adult abuse of methylphenidate the user can become euphoric and over stimulated. Another poorly researched, sensationalist storyline ahoy peeps. Oh joy.

You can say that again - it's beyond painful. Max is not believable as a child with ADHD. I don't have any experience with ADHD children on Ritalin, which is essentially speed. but if it was the magic pill that has been depicted, ADHD would be a thing of the past.

The only thing that would be credible is that Kylie suffers from ADHD herself - that's not beyond the realms of possibility - and is finding the medication does make her feel more in control. I've talked to adults with ADHD in an ADD/ADHD support group and the medication is certainly not the be all and end all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »

oh dear :o

i should be the writer :D
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't Andrea and Lloyd just have moved tables? Was the bistro full?
  • SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Wasnt Steph in the bistro last time Neil, Andrea and Lloyd stuff kicked off? Wouldn't she remember and make him sit elsewhere.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Couldn't Andrea and Lloyd just have moved tables? Was the bistro full?

Plenty of spare tables were available that they could have moved to.

Also , they had not yet placed their order when Neil sat down next to them. They could have just cleared off.

And after Steve accidentally let it slip to Neil that Andrea and Lloyd were at the Bistro why didn't he just phone Lloyd and tip him off that Neil was heading that way?

I thought it odd too that one minute Nick was going to throw Andrea and Lloyd out and the next minute Steph was offering them a drink on the house as favoured customers.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's The Wonderful Weatherfield Premium Package ...

Blue Rinse at Audrey's

Pint and Hotpot lunch at t'Rovers

Tour of The Knicker Factory

Dinner and Cabaret - latest Nick and Leanne punch up - at The Bistro

... and a souvenir hair dryer from Barlow's Buys - they must have some lefr!

Ha ha! That sounds about right!
  • rory rrory r Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    Nice to see Deirdre back from Tenerife.
    The bit with Steve going through the door with a crash helmet was hilarious.
This discussion has been closed.