Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 47)

Comments

• Options
    JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Di Maria running the show.
    As a neutral, was thinking the same. £50m or so for another attacking player (whose record isn't exactly eye-wateringly good for that money) is a bit questionable IF it's at the expense of buying some much needed defensive resource in midfield/defence.

It's not that much different to Arsenal's signing of Ozil and Sanchez - exciting but almost done to satisfy the fans rather than the needs of the team?
    Ok, Di Maria is a creative force but was it £60m that could have been better spent on areas of the team that are paper thin
    Di Maria? Great but not a priority. Same goes for Falcao. Shaw, Herrera, Blind and Rojo are either young, have no PL experience or both. It could be argued that a commanding and proven PL central defender and an experienced holding midfielder costing a fraction of the Di Maria fee or Falcao salary would have addressed United's two biggest issues whilst allowing the likes of Mata, Rooney and RVP to win games.

Had to listen to so much nonsense about how we don't need a player like Di Maria.
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In LVG we trust .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The instant level of bitterness in the "neutrals" thread, is hilarious.
  • Options
    Conor McHaleConor McHale Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is our best performance in what feels like years
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Neutrals thread is basically the thinly veiled bitterness thread, literally from every post.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JMTD wrote: »
    Di Maria running the show.

Had to listen to so much nonsense about how we don't need a player like Di Maria.

We didn't/don't need him as much as we needed someone like Blind.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Blind has been awesome. Rojo has been great too. I actually think Rojo will do really well at CB, he's bigger and stronger than I expected him to be.

Hererra has been very good, but has given the ball away a few times. Probably early nerves. Well taken goal though.

Blind reminds me of another long-locked DM we used to have (I can't mention his name, as it might now be considered a swear word).
  • Options
    JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member

We could of done with both. Di Maria is a world class player with blistering pace that we needed going forward. Can play in the midfield or out wide. It's still laughable that people tried to put the signing down with a "but you don't need that kind of player".

For the record, i said Blind would be a quality signing. People have been targeting our defence but on quite a few occasions the issue has been the midfield sitting in front of it which makes the defence look sh*tter than it actually is. Stick a proper midfield in front (even more so somebody who will sit right in front of them like Blind) and we'll start seeing a more calm and confident defence.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O'Neill wrote: »
    Neutrals thread is basically the thinly veiled bitterness thread, literally from every post.

Just a bunch of bitters :D
  • Options
    Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eye Itch wrote: »
    A little premature as it's only QPR, but this will be good for morale.

But isn't it nice to finally see us do a job on a team that is clearly there for the taking?

Oh Di Maira you backheeling beauty you!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Herrera gets back and helps the team well I've noticed.

Great save De Gea.
  • Options
    Ross1874Ross1874 Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good performance first half still think we look a bit fragile in defence need a strong CB
  • Options
    Eye ItchEye Itch Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But isn't it nice to finally see us do a job on a team that is clearly there for the taking?

Oh Di Maira you backheeling beauty you!

Definitely.

Di Maria is fast becoming one of my favourite United players, and it's only his second game!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    QPR's sub has made a difference but we should be four-nil up. Wouldn't blame the lads for slackening off this half but I hope they don't.

Edit :D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4-0 Mata.
  • Options
    Eye ItchEye Itch Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mata!

Our Falcao is warming up and we're 4-0 up!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Great pass by Di Maria.
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    toastie15 wrote: »
    I have a good feeling about tomorrow think its going to be messy for QPR

Spot on, sir :D. Good prediction :cool:.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the United I know and love :D. More goals please.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As good as Di Maria obviously is, I don't believe even he meant that assist to Mata ;-)

Good to see the lads defending like their lives depend on it, despite the score.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are QPR still playing so deep? They have nothing to lose.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Falcao Rooney and RVP on the pitch.

Poor Rio lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Uh, not Valencia. He will disrupt out passing fluidity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RotMojo wrote: »
    The instant level of bitterness in the "neutrals" thread, is hilarious..

You expect that from the haters as they can't stand seeing United do well, hence why so many were lapping it up under Moyes's reign. Whatever United do, they get hated on for whatever reason. They can't really win. But I'm not gonna lie, I love supporting the most hated club in the country :D.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here we go, Falcao's on... uh oh Valencia as well, I hope Raf isn't injured...?
This discussion has been closed.