Options

Need mp3 player help

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,637
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ok so i need a new mp3 player, simple rules, cant have a camera, or a microphone

Currently have a cowon d2, dont want an ipod as sound sucks and burnt too many times .

Any suggestions on mp3/pmps which haev bout 16-32gb space maybe card expandable, with no mic or camera,

already looked at cowon range (s9 d2+), iriver, sansa fuze, couple samsung and sony ones, creative, but all seem to have mics. AAARGH, any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    TrollheartTrollheart Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    Why does it matter if it has a mic? If you don't want to use it, don't. Mics are becoming more standard on MP3 players nowadays, so you may be hard-pressed to find one that doesn't have one, unless it's fairly old.

Did you check the Sansa Clip? I doubt it has a mic...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cant have a mic or camera as i need it for work, not allowed them for security reasons, sucks eh.

sansa clip has mic "to record thoughts on the go"
  • Options
    TrollheartTrollheart Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    Holey Moley, man! I see what you mean! EVERY player seems to have a mic or a camera!

However, after some searching, I came across one that doesn't!

http://www.peats.com/cgi-bin/catalog.cgi?view_product=1&id=25214&sid=10&cid=4180&scid=512

It's 16 gig, Sony and not too badly priced. May be an option...
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dont think creative zens have these
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trollheart wrote: »
    Holey Moley, man! I see what you mean! EVERY player seems to have a mic or a camera!

However, after some searching, I came across one that doesn't!

http://www.peats.com/cgi-bin/catalog.cgi?view_product=1&id=25214&sid=10&cid=4180&scid=512

It's 16 gig, Sony and not too badly priced. May be an option...

thanks, i tihnk its an older model from ones i was lookin at but doesnt appear to have a mic so its promising,

and i know the zen xfi2 has a mic (new one, not sure bout older xfi)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    after much searching, going for the Sony X1060 32gb player, apparently still has a good sound output, no mic, nice oled screen,

sadly the zens new and old had mics, but this sony one, doesnt, i was almost considering a zune HD , but this sony ones available and i can play with it in the shop before i buy it :D
  • Options
    dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    Gazinuk wrote: »
    after much searching, going for the Sony X1060 32gb player, apparently still has a good sound output, no mic, nice oled screen,

sadly the zens new and old had mics, but this sony one, doesnt, i was almost considering a zune HD , but this sony ones available and i can play with it in the shop before i buy it :D

I have this Sony and its very good, internet is rubbish on it though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dosanjh1 wrote: »
    I have this Sony and its very good, internet is rubbish on it though
    wont really use internet on it have my phone for that. runs opera mini which is tight but heard good stuff bout the palyer so cant wait for it to come now