Options

Adverts you're not meant to laugh at but do

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
Forum Member
✭✭
I always have a good giggle at that stupid National Accident Helpline ad where the woman carry a box trips on that parcel seal thing. Her face when she realises she's gonna hit the deck really is a kodek moment and always makes me laugh.

What about yours?

Comments

• Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I cringe at that advert when she cracks her knee on the floor.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,121
    Forum Member
    It''s another accident claims one I find funny. A guy is walking and talking in the foreground where behind him, people are falling off ladders, cars hitting each other etc.

It's great slapstick, I've seen the ad a lot of times and have no idea what the guy in front is saying, or whose service he's advertising :)
  • Options
    TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The trouble is you can't choose an advert like that without sounding heartless, but for me it's probably the motability scooter advert.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    An advert for some hair product thats just so awful it makes me laugh how they can be serious.

It goes something like 'wow look at that I bet that was expensive' then the stylist goes 'not at all its just the new [generic scientific-sounding name] from [whatever]

The advert is just so awful and the dubbing is ridiculous :D
  • Options
    teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
    Forum Member
    It HAS to be the fringe lady! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld2m1y8jSnE
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It HAS to be the fringe lady! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld2m1y8jSnE

If she cut her frindge she'd be able to see :D
  • Options
    Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Erectile dysfunction adverts.

Because sometimes people's misery is pretty hilarious.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    The latest Febreeze ad which looks English (?) but its dubbed so badly its hilarious :D And the voice dubber for the "grandma" sounds about 30 years younger than a grandma :eek: Its the way she says "New car, boys?" :o
  • Options
    halfbiscuithalfbiscuit Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    That Meerkats one is good. Who'd have thought small furry animals could be so amusing. And that Omid Djalili one where he tells people to do something or other. And the ones with the fat opera singer. All classics. No idea what they advertise though.
  • Options
    johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    I always have a good giggle at that stupid National Accident Helpline ad where the woman carry a box trips on that parcel seal thing. Her face when she realises she's gonna hit the deck really is a kodek moment and always makes me laugh.

I hate that stupid irresponsible woman. She openly admits that she is aware of the frequent occupational hazard of plastic strips lying around waiting to trip people up, and yet she walks rampantly ahead with her head up, not looking where she is stepping, and - as is no doubt commonplace in busy working environments - she is wearing uncomfortable high heel shoes. That's what I call contributory negligence.
  • Options
    teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    The latest Febreeze ad which looks English (?) but its dubbed so badly its hilarious :D And the voice dubber for the "grandma" sounds about 30 years younger than a grandma :eek: Its the way she says "New car, boys?" :o

Yes! And they've clearly flipped the image of them driving so the steering wheel can be on the other side :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Ok so this is a really really guilty laugh but it's this Water Aid advert here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dNFmBCogeA

It's not the subject or the message that I find funny. It's just how quickly the advert can go from silly to sombre.
  • Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    That Meerkats one is good. Who'd have thought small furry animals could be so amusing. And that Omid Djalili one where he tells people to do something or other. And the ones with the fat opera singer. All classics. No idea what they advertise though.

But they're meant to be funny.
  • Options
    sheepiestarsheepiestar Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    there was an ad for a documentary on stammerers shown on channel 4 a few years ago that even now has me in stitches even though I know I shouldnt laugh. I dont know what the programme was called but I just remember this black guy trying to ask someone in the street what the time was and it just sounded like he was rapping. me and my brothers used to kill ourselves laughing :eek: yes I am ashamed about that :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how about the latest thirst pockets one where the woman looks like she mouths 'oh s**t' as the elephant crashes through the fence :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johnloony wrote: »
    I hate that stupid irresponsible woman. She openly admits that she is aware of the frequent occupational hazard of plastic strips lying around waiting to trip people up, and yet she walks rampantly ahead with her head up, not looking where she is stepping, and - as is no doubt commonplace in busy working environments - she is wearing uncomfortable high heel shoes. That's what I call contributory negligence.

And she broke all that cutlery :eek: Hope they docked her pay clumsy bitch :D
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Anti binge drinking advert from a few years ago, featuring a superhero climbing a building in pursuit of a balloon. Sick, I know. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Water Aid. It isn't funny of course but it's when the little girl sings her lines about Dairrhoea and blows raspberries she looks so cute.
  • Options
    fenlanderfenlander Posts: 2,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the toothpaste with "Baking Soda Technology" (but I'll be waiting for the Pro version before I buy any...).
  • Options
    marjanglesmarjangles Posts: 9,680
    Forum Member
    johnloony wrote: »

I'm less annoyed at that one (although I do agree!) than I am at the idiot who says they gave him the wrong type of ladder. If he knew it was the wrong type of ladder what was he doing using it in the first place!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    Although it is not shown these days but this advert for Ska Mania made me chuckle with the father and son dancing around acting like prats :D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJjGdOC6wm0

Don't know why that made me laugh.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    marjangles wrote: »
    I'm less annoyed at that one (although I do agree!) than I am at the idiot who says they gave him the wrong type of ladder. If he knew it was the wrong type of ladder what was he doing using it in the first place!

EXACTLY! He shouldnt have been climbing up it!
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a cinema advert where some celebrity I've never heard of goes on about her glamorous life in LA, and then says she orders her movie tickets from a UK website.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    The Resolva Weedkiller one where the weeds pop up and shout "Hello mate" at the guy in the garden. Never thought weeds or weedkillers could be funny :o:D