Eggheads - Any1 else find Kevin so annoying

Comments

• rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    I don't like any of them, especially Judith, she's such a sour faced old bore.
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rosco2010 wrote: »

Think you are in the minority here. She seems to be the most liked, me included
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    I have a slight crush on Kevin:o
    I find Kris rather endearing and perhaps the one who really *loves* what he is there to do.
  • Sharona68Sharona68 Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that CJ and Daphne annoy me the most.

Daphne because of the way she has to nod when the Egghead gets the question right or shake her head when they get it wrong (just so that we and the audience know that she knew) arghhhhhhh..
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ichou wrote: »
    Kevin is rather large below the area that is visible above the desk.

Are you suggesting that he is well-endowed?! :eek::p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »

I have no way of knowing........
    But he is pear shaped.......I mean the torso!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only one who truely annoys me is Daphne. I ,just don't trust her
    Think CJ's role is to be the pantomime villain most of the time
    He doesn't hide his hatred when picked for the sports round or
    lack of knowledge on British geography. Judith seems to be the least
    bothered if she gets her questions right or not. The rest just seem to
    take it too serious sometimes. But of course most people that take
    part in a pub quiz tend to suffer from that problem
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/11338401@N00/113084474/

Yes, he is bigger than his top half looks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rosco2010 wrote: »

Love her, so gorgeous!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bullman wrote: »
    The only one who truely annoys me is Daphne. I ,just don't trust her Think CJ's role is to be the pantomime villain most of the time He doesn't hide his hatred when picked for the sports round or lack of knowledge on British geography. Judith seems to be the least bothered if she gets her questions right or not. The rest just seem to take it too serious sometimes. But of course most people that take part in a pub quiz tend to suffer from that problem

That's good, because she seems to get them wrong quite a lot... I like her, but I think her and CJ are definitely the two weakest links knowledge-wise.

Barry's my favourite - he's always so cheerful!

I like Kevin - he seems quite humble.

Pat amuses me.

Chris is the only one that I wouldn't miss if he were to go.

Daphne and her 'sweet little old lady' demeanour doesn't fool me for a second! She takes just a little bit too much pleasure in winning the game... but because of that, she's the most entertaining to watch. And half her 'guesses' are so not guesses at all! Nobody's that lucky! Unless they've sold their soul to the Devil.

I like Jeremy - he's much less smug than Dermot. But then Dermot's flirting with Judith amuses me...
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daphne's a spy, I tell ya, a spy! She works for the strong-arm branch of the KGB. She interrogates suspects on a part-time basis.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJ makes me laugh/blood boil with his 'ardman look, his rolling of the eyes and 'ugh, of course I knew that!'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJ makes me laugh/blood boil with his 'ardman look, his rolling of the eyes and 'ugh, of course I knew that!'.

me too. Can't stand his smugness. He's married. What is his wife like and how does she put up with him if he's like that at home?
  • Blackjack DavyBlackjack Davy Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind any of them, except CJ. He really irritates me. Daphne's sweet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »

lol.. that's what I was thinking
    kimindex wrote: »
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/11338401@N00/113084474/

Yes, he is bigger than his top half looks.

http://www.hampshirechronicle.co.uk/resources/images/773172/?type=display

oh he is larger than his top half would have you believe .. he looks quite slim from the mid torso up
  • saint paulsaint paul Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    Kevin had always reminded me of someone, but I could never put my finger on it.
    Now I know :)

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/bob-and-margaret
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    teabag444 wrote: »
    me too. Can't stand his smugness. He's married.

CJ? I don't think so.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kevin...A very clever but modest chap.

Chris....His only weaknesses are Sport and modern music. He knows what he likes and he doesn't bother to just learn lists. My favourite.

CJ........He was once asked what a 'dandiprat' was :p Has very few interests and just tries to learn lists. He is proud to have no knowledge of his own country:rolleyes:

Daphne...Not as clever as she once was. Often pretends to be guessing

Judith......Doesn't really give a toss. I like her:)

Barry.......Knowledgeable but with a lot of weak areas, Seems a nice chap.

Pat..........Usually gets picked for his better subjects but is quite clever. Often very nervous and somewhat boring:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    CJ? I don't think so.

On a program a few weeks ago he said he had spent his honeymoon in South America. Perhaps he's divorced now then.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    teabag444 wrote: »
    On a program a few weeks ago he said he had spent his honeymoon in South America. Perhaps he's divorced now then.

Think it was a Civil Partnership...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think it was a Civil Partnership...

He mentioned a Ben on twitter. Maybe that is his partner. He doesn't seem like a bad person on twitter so I wonder if he just plays a character on Eggheads?
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    I dont mind Daphne as much

I think she is into discipline.
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharona68 wrote: »
    I think that CJ and Daphne annoy me the most.

Daphne because of the way she has to nod when the Egghead gets the question right or shake her head when they get it wrong (just so that we and the audience know that she knew) arghhhhhhh..

I agree, they like to show that they know things, but I've noticed when its the last round and if daphne and kev are amongst the eggheads left then daph will make sure that kev says the answer first and then she chips in and agrees...

I like Judith, she will admit when she hasnt a clue and isnt bothered when other eggs get a question wrong (unlike daph and CJ).

I dont mind that kev seems to know it all. He seems a quite guy and i feel he holds back a smile when he gets a question right - very humble, unlike CJ who nods and rolls eyes.

Chris is ok, no ego.
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    I don't mind any of them, except CJ. He really irritates me. Daphne's sweet.

I fnd CJ really irritating as well. The way he rolls his eyes and tut-tuts when people get really difficult questions wrong as if they should know them. He always seems to be wise after the event.

Kevin is not only the brainiest of the lot of them, although Pat is a close second, he also appears to be very humble and not at all big headed. Do not quite get those not liking Kevin. He is just ruddy clever.
  • QuizmikeQuizmike Posts: 5,972
    Forum Member
    M@nterik wrote: »
    I fnd CJ really irritating as well. The way he rolls his eyes and tut-tuts when people get really difficult questions wrong as if they should know them. He always seems to be wise after the event.

Kevin is not only the brainiest of the lot of them, although Pat is a close second, he also appears to be very humble and not at all big headed. Do not quite get those not liking Kevin. He is just ruddy clever.

I may be mistaken but I believe Kevin is now the world number two. Pat is ranked at one.