Options

"Big News" speculation

Comments

• Options
    jacksinclairxjacksinclairx Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the twist may have been a double scoring night with scores for performance and technique like they do on DWTS :o
  • Options
    Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My suggestion is that the celebs/pro skaters are coached by someone other than Jayne and Chris.
  • Options
    BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 24,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mirage wrote: »
    What about the celebs skating without any partners at all? Has that ever been done before?
    It's too early for that though. Always said they should do that at the semi-final stage - a full routine on their own then one with their partner. (They usually just do the first 20 seconds!).
  • Options
    KMXKMX Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope it's not changing the partnerships, it will only act as a detriment to the celebrities and viewers - I already love Jen & Sylvain and Sam & Brianne, don't want that to change.
  • Options
    TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok hows this idea of whats gonna happen next week, they bring in a reserve as a wildcard?? Mark has said he's to be skating with the reserve so maybe this is why?
  • Options
    xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the twist may have been a double scoring night with scores for performance and technique like they do on DWTS :o

It could be this and then them getting scored out of 60 but Emma Bunton scoring ice skating technique would make the show lose even more credibility.
  • Options
    dudleydolittledudleydolittle Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    how about for one week only, professionals are replaced with celebs from previous years and pair up with this years bunch ?
  • Options
    lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its got to be something that the celebs will have to do surely, like a new move.
  • Options
    fi~fi~ Posts: 5,481
    Forum Member
    im thinking a new couple being thrown into it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    TraceyUK wrote: »
    Ok hows this idea of whats gonna happen next week, they bring in a reserve as a wildcard?? Mark has said he's to be skating with the reserve so maybe this is why?

Think you may be right on that, Mark's not given anything anyway but to be honest I did half expect him being on tonight. To be fair he can't break a confidence. So here's to hoping you're right

Love him :):):)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the reserves is:
    Faye Tozer (Steps)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Btw when people say jason gave it away and going on what jason said .... what did jason say ?? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Changing the professional partners isnt going to be fair though because some pros have a bigger following than others and their fans will continue to vote for them even if they have the weakest skater.
  • Options
    BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 24,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's look at some clues:

- Robin is announcing it, not Jayne and Chris. (So possibly not the partnerships and more to do with the judging/scoring)
    - They didn't feel it needed to be announced live. You'd think announcing it live tonight is better than announcing it tomorrow then it almost certainly getting leaked in the press - but then again we're falling into their trap by speculating about it and that's what they'll want for the week.
    - Next week's show descriptions:
    Dancing on Ice
    Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby present the celebrity ice dance competition. Skating legends Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean have planned the most demanding routines yet for the contestants. Plus this week sees a brand new twist - for the 11 remaining celebrities, everything will change again. After the performances, viewers have the opportunity to vote for their favourite stars to save them from the Skate-Off.

The Skate-Off.
    Presenters Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby reveal how the public has voted. The two couples with the fewest votes must battle it out in the Skate-Off before one pair is eliminated. Plus there is a surprise in store which could completely shake up the competition.
    Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.tv/?p=1&r=152398

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.

These twists are usually a big anti-climax, but maybe, just maybe, this might be something more interesting. I'm wondering too if the twist might not play out until the following week - quite a common reality show tactic to announce they'll be a twist one week, explain the twist the next and then the twist to play out the following week. After all, they say it could shake things up, not will. Possibly a "judges save" like Idol where they can not eliminate someone one week?

As we've all agreed shaking up the partnerships would be a big mistake - especially this year with so many new pros, so switching them around again will make it even more difficult for viewers to connect with the partnerships.
  • Options
    ladygardenerladygardener Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why did they say that next week no-one will be safe? Perhaps they've all got to get over a certain % of the vote to stay in. Switching partners seems a bit naff.
  • Options
    dudleydolittledudleydolittle Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    05autyt wrote: »
    Btw when people say jason gave it away and going on what jason said .... what did jason say ?? :o

"if it was a double eviction THIS week"
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    05autyt wrote: »
    Please tell me that they are not changing the pairings ... love jen and slyvain... :(
    Do you think that the news will be on the DOI website tomorrow? and also do you think the celebs will be allowed to tweet about it because if so we can all find out that way...
    if someone finds out oficcially what it is can they please post a thread on it ??

Sounds like they will all be doing a bit of partner swopping - so Denise has something tacky to discuss on Loose Women?:D
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I don't like this idea :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "if it was a double eviction THIS week"

Oh ok but didnt he say that because he wanted to vote them both out ?
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    lea27 wrote: »
    Its got to be something that the celebs will have to do surely, like a new move.

So will they have to do a double toe loop next week, then a triple salchow followed by an attempted quad jump in the final. :D
  • Options
    HeraclitusDaysHeraclitusDays Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The show would descend into farce and the five eliminations so far would be rendered meaningless if Faye Tozer was allowed to skate with MH. Awful idea!
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the reserves is:
    Faye Tozer (Steps)

NO WAY!

I LOVE Her! If only Claire would do the show, to complete the set!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe two couples on the ice at same time, like a combined routine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How about 'NO JUDGING' and leaving it all to the public vote, until the elimination.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NO WAY!

I LOVE Her! If only Claire would do the show, to complete the set!

You should have read my post first.