Options

"Big News" speculation

Comments

• Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    leaving it until next week to tell us won't work. It will be all over the papers within days, especially as the celebs and pro's get injuries.
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show would descend into farce and the five eliminations so far would be rendered meaningless if Faye Tozer was allowed to skate with MH. Awful idea!

I suppose it does make the whole "Skating for a place in the competition" nonsense seem, well, more nonsensical.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah and no doubt we will find out through twitter etc. even if they cant say directly people like jen who adores slyvain will be gutted in the case of a partner swap and so will probs give hints on twitter without meaning too :s ... its making me nervous :o
  • Options
    Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another suggestion could be that they change the public voting in that people are asked to vote for the couple they would like to leave rather than voting for the couple they would prefer to stay in.
  • Options
    HerefordgirlHerefordgirl Posts: 3,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "if it was a double eviction THIS week"

I think he was referring to the fact the previous two weeks have been double evictions, not to a future one.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "if it was a double eviction THIS week"

Well it was a double eviction LAST week (and the week before), so he could've been referring to that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah dont think they would do another double eviction soo soon and that would be such an anticlimax
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Angela F wrote: »
    Another suggestion could be that they change the public voting in that people are asked to vote for the couple they would like to leave rather than voting for the couple they would prefer to stay in.

That would be boring - Kerry Katona would surely go then?
  • Options
    HeraclitusDaysHeraclitusDays Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's a great idea.....what's the number for Kerry Katona?
  • Options
    HeraclitusDaysHeraclitusDays Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    That would be boring - Kerry Katona would surely go then?

And that's boring because?? Kerry looked unstable again tonight - both her skating and demeanour.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    they'll announce it in the press during the week - better get picking up those newspapers

exciting
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if anyones posted this but he someone said it's never been done before on doi, people on twitter suggesting partner swap? But what about a group skate routine?
  • Options
    bingomanbingoman Posts: 23,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »
    What did Jason say? I feel like I've missed something here... I hope this twist isn't something too gimmicky, DOI is so much better than that!

When Dominic and Steven were in front of the judges Jason said he wished tonight was a Double Elimanation night which got me wondering if it that:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kimmyangel wrote: »
    I don't know if anyones posted this but he someone said it's never been done before on doi, people on twitter suggesting partner swap? But what about a group skate routine?

I'm pretty sure there's been a group skate before on Dancing On Ice, though I may be wrong. :o
  • Options
    HerefordgirlHerefordgirl Posts: 3,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure there's been a group skate before on Dancing On Ice, though I may be wrong. :o

They've certainly taken part in the big opening number.
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member

Defeats the point of putting Kerry in ...unless everyone votes tactically and votes Sam out....which defeats the point of putting smeone that good in.

They can't pair them up or swap partners as the numbers of each sex are not equal for celebs or pros ?

They have just had the public vote alone for 2 weeks so thats not new.

They can't put Nadia and the other 3 back in as the public voted them out..

They can't have a threshold public vote to stay as they have just effectively had that and too many people could fall below the threshold.

They can't pair them with past celebs as there are not enough who are comparably good and only Hayley seems currently free and training up.

The skaters might vote, who goes but why tell them now?
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im thinkin its something along the lines of xfactor wildcard where elimanated celebs get to come back, that would give Maria one of their best celebs a chance to get back
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    All the couples skate the same routine, or to the same music.:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    curvybabes wrote: »
    im thinkin its something along the lines of xfactor wildcard where elimanated celebs get to come back, that would give Maria one of their best celebs a chance to get back

But the public have voted to eliminate the celebs - it'd get ITV into hot water in regards to OFCOM.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In this case i dont think a wildcard would be fair as we have voted people out !! in x factor we were voting who we wanted in when we had no decision in who went in the first place.
    I really dont think that would work... no idea what it could be.. hopefully we will find out tomorow :D
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    But the public have voted to eliminate the celebs - it'd get ITV into hot water in regards to OFCOM.

true hadnt thought of that :confused:bet its gonna be somethin boring
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    Evie-Grace wrote: »
    All the couples skate the same routine, or to the same music.:confused:

Thats a real possible.

Might look odd though - how do you write a routine that Denise and Laura and Sam and Dom can all do? Its either empty or dangerous. Sam will ace it and anything like his or Chloe.Jen or Laura's lifts will have to be ruled out. Even if its basic, it then needs very detailed marking which won't be popular if Jason does it or that practical with only Robin if its judged on skating? You could have variants of the routine with different marks available, but its then about who took a risk too many and went for something too hard?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimmyangel wrote: »

They did a group number in series one .. I remember John Barrowman in his Elvis cape:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the reserves is:
    Faye Tozer (Steps)

She's first reserve as well for the girls. I did have a feeling that might be the twist, but I don't see how it fits in with the 'not everyone is safe' tag :s
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NO WAY!

I LOVE Her! If only Claire would do the show, to complete the set!

Someone asked Claire on Twitter if she'd ever do it. She said no cos she has a fear of it since she broke her wrist when skating at 11.