Options

Bridge & Terry don't shake hands again

Comments

• Options
    timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bridge should be thanking him... if it wasnt for John Terry he wouldn't be currently smashing Frankie from The Saturdays back doors in.

Just saying;)

You are completely right Keith.:D
  • Options
    JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    QWERTYOP wrote: »
    She was a free & single woman.

She was free and single when the story broke but the affair was the year before. If she was single she would have just said to the papers 'I wasn't with Wayne when it happened'.
  • Options
    TheMaskTheMask Posts: 10,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    She was free and single when the story broke but the affair was the year before. If she was single she would have just said to the papers 'I wasn't with Wayne when it happened'.

And her saying that doesnt sell papers..or make her a pocket full of money.
    Also with the way the press are today ..how go you know she never said that
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Bridge should be thanking him... if it wasnt for John Terry he wouldn't be currently smashing Frankie from The Saturdays back doors in.

Just saying;)

He still could have. She was his ex when Terry was shagging her.
    He's probably had dozens of women since.
  • Options
    mel1213mel1213 Posts: 8,642
    Forum Member
    Why retire from international football because one of your friends did your EX-gf?!

Because he knew that while Terry was still being picked in the side, Capello wasn't going to pick him based off the potential for there to be issues in the locker room.

If you know that regardless of your skill level or how well you're playing you aren't going to get called up while the guy who slept with your ex is on the team then he decided to do the dignified thing and say "Well I'll make this easy for you, you don't have to choose because I'm going to take myself out of contention for an England place."
    Sorry Jimmy, but as far as Bridge is concerned, I see absolutely NO moral wrong doing towards him whatsoever. Maybe he could have asked first, but that's about it. Terry's WIFE had every right to be fuming, Wayne Bridge had no reason whatsoever to give two sh*ts.

John Terry was his best friend, he and Vanessa had gone out with JT & his wife multiple times, they'd gone on holiday together and all sorts. To then find out that the mother of his child had slept with Terry without so much as mentioning it to him, despite knowing what would happen if it all came out is just wrong.

Also, while the affair might have only happened after Bridge and Vanessa split, if you were Bridge and you knew how much time she and Terry had spent together while they were together - going out, going on holiday etc nobody would blame you for wondering when exactly it all started and whether there was *something* happening while they were still together
    When you break up with somebody, that's it! You don't own them and/or their private parts forever.

That's true, you don't own them, but when you have a child together you can't just cut them out of your life and having to see her all the time will not help the situation but they have to put that aside for the sake of their child.
    I still see no reason to believe anything other than Bridge has acted like a big girl's blouse for nothing.

I'm not a Chelsea, Man City, or West Ham fan by the way.

I still can't see why you don't understand why he might not want to shake the hand of his ex best friend who slept with the mother of his child, regardless of their relationship status at the time it happened.
  • Options
    QWERTYOPQWERTYOP Posts: 6,878
    Forum Member
    JoTaylor wrote: »

She WASN'T with Wayne when it happened.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shaking hands is a sign of respect. If you don't or don't want to respect the person you're shaking hands with, you shouldn't do it. Else you're a hypocrite.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    Shaking hands is a sign of respect. If you don't or don't want to respect the person you're shaking hands with, you shouldn't do it. Else you're a hypocrite.

Shaking hands is not a "sign of respect". If it was, hardly anybody would shake hands with anybody ever. Respect is something that has to be earned.
  • Options
    Richie1001Richie1001 Posts: 8,217
    Forum Member
    Shaking hands is not a "sign of respect". If it was, hardly anybody would shake hands with anybody ever. Respect is something that has to be earned.

So what is the reason for the handshake before the game?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    Richie1001 wrote: »
    So what is the reason for the handshake before the game?

Not a lot, but it's done nowadays so there we are.

But again if Wayne Bridge chooses not to shake John Terry's hand for reasons known and maybe unknown, so be it.

That's for them, and much less was made of it this time than last time and even less will be made next time ( assuming the same thing happens ) apart from occasional folk on forums that get their knickers in a twist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    indiana44 wrote: »
    Not a lot, but it's done nowadays so there we are.

But again if Wayne Bridge chooses not to shake John Terry's hand for reasons known and maybe unknown, so be it.

That's for them, and much less was made of it this time than last time and even less will be made next time ( assuming the same thing happens ) apart from occasional folk on forums that get their knickers in a twist.

I agree - If I was in his position I wouldn't shake his hand either. It's for them to decide and the fact that Terry didn't even offer his hand says that the two of them are very much on the same page in their friendship.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's an odd opinion. I disagree. It's a sign of politeness and respect. Wayne Bridge has no reason to be polite or respectful towards John Terry, so good for him on not shaking his hand. Terry certainly hasn't earned Wayne Bridge's respect, has he? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    That's an odd opinion. I disagree. It's a sign of politeness and respect. Wayne Bridge has no reason to be polite or respectful towards John Terry, so good for him on not shaking his hand. Terry certainly hasn't earned Wayne Bridge's respect, has he? :)

I disagree. He has no reason NOT TO be polite towards John Terry! John Terry has done NOTHING wrong to Wayne Bridge. NOTHING.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I disagree. He has no reason NOT TO be polite towards John Terry! John Terry has done NOTHING wrong to Wayne Bridge. NOTHING.

I get that everyone has a different moral code that they live by and that's all good. But even if you disagree with it surely you can see why he is pissed off with Terry.

At best, Terry slept with the mother of his child who he had split up with.

At worst he slept with a girl that Bridge was either with, or still had feelings for and believed that they could get back together.

Feel free to call me anything you like, but I would be doing the same thing as Bridge, to be honest I may even of smacked him for it.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Let Wayne Bridge be the judge of that, its between them, not for others to set up some scale / code as to what is acceptable and what is not.

But I think many folk can at the very least symapthise and your capital letter stuff just looks silly.
  • Options
    wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The FA insist on the handshake thing before each game, as part of the respect campaign.

I think its silly.

I can remember the time when players actually RAN onto the pitch, usually kicking a ball out of their hands as they did so. So what we get now, is a slow march onto the pitch (was tempted to use slow walk, but it does look like a procession) of players walking out, as if they are entering a weddding or something. Then we get a pointless handshake by each player before the match, before then going out and coming onto the pitch.
  • Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wont happen next year unless its in the Cup, Terry will have the last laugh playng in the CL,Bdge in the Chship.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So you believe JT behaved in the way that teammates and captains should? I guess we are all lucky you aren't our friend :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe people are still banging on about this. Wayne might have had a bit more moral high ground if she hadn't gone out with a number of his Chelsea teammates before him, Gudjohnsen and Mutu are the ones I remember of the top of my head. As it is, once you split up that's it. You don't get to dictate who your ex sleeps with.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kana wrote: »
    Can't believe people are still banging on about this. Wayne might have had a bit more moral high ground if she hadn't gone out with a number of his Chelsea teammates before him, Gudjohnsen and Mutu are the ones I remember of the top of my head. As it is, once you split up that's it. You don't get to dictate who your ex sleeps with.

This!! ^^^ :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member

And how many of them did she have children with?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mel1213 wrote: »
    And how many of them did she have children with?

Having children with someone also doesn't give you any additional rights over their behaviour and partners once you split up. She could be going out with Huggybear the pimp and Wayne would just have to suck it up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Having children with someone also doesn't give you any additional rights over their behaviour and partners once you split up. She could be going out with Huggybear the pimp and Wayne would just have to suck it up.

But you might choose not to shake hands with Huggybear !
  • Options
    Forum Member

No it doesn't give you extra rights over her behaviour, but he has every right to be interested in what partners she has because their presence affects his child.

If Vanessa was going out with Huggybear the pimp then Wayne wouldn't have to suck it up, he has a responsibility to his child to make sure they're safe and not being put at risk because of the child's mother's choice of partner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mel1213 wrote: »
    No it doesn't give you extra rights over her behaviour, but he has every right to be interested in what partners she has because their presence affects his child.

If Vanessa was going out with Huggybear the pimp then Wayne wouldn't have to suck it up, he has a responsibility to his child to make sure they're safe and not being put at risk because of the child's mother's choice of partner.

He could restrict access between his child and an unsuitable partner but would have absolutely no say in what his ex got up to with him. That's what being split up means, no longer any of his business what she does or with whom.